PDA

View Full Version : URGENT--- V6 Sump required

Henry Piper
28-07-09, 09:02 AM
HI all,
Does anyone have, or know the wherabouts of a Sump for a Cologne V6 2.8, mine has unfortunately recently become intimately aqainted with a pothole on one of our lovely East Devon Lanes !!!
Stu E, I recall you saying you used to have a V6, You have,nt still got a sump lying around any where have you?
Any help would be greatfully received.
Cheers Henry Piper.

TonyD
28-07-09, 12:10 PM
HI all,
Does anyone have, or know the wherabouts of a Sump for a Cologne V6 2.8, mine has unfortunately recently become intimately aqainted with a pothole on one of our lovely East Devon Lanes !!!
Stu E, I recall you saying you used to have a V6, You have,nt still got a sump lying around any where have you?
Cheers Henry Piper.

As you'll have to take the sump of anyway perhaps you could take the opportunity to have it reworked to give you more ground clearance by reducing its depth but adding some capacity to its sides.

You'd have to alter the pick up pipe but thats not too difficult a job. It would only probably cost you the same to do the job from a local welder as a replacement sump and postage anyway

Cheers,

Tony

stu e
28-07-09, 03:50 PM
Cheers Henry Piper.

Sorry mate I threw my spare V6 away when I moved.I have some bits but not a sump. Typically have since had to buy new bits, I think it's called sods law.
Stu.