PDA

View Full Version : Meeting of the Clans - South East Run + Meet Sept 6th

greenwood03
30-07-09, 12:24 PM
I am trying to put together a car meet for owners of non mainstream cars – date as above.
The idea came about after a couple of us from Kent popped over to Guildford to join some folks before heading down to the Coast. I thought afterwards that if we had made the destination more central then we could have attracted a few more owners.
So the plan is to set 4 start points – yep, n/e/s/west. Drivers can come along, meet up and run down together to the venue – convoy style, no mad hooning. Clearly the start points that are selected still may be in the wrong area for some folks – in which case they’re welcome to just work out their own route and drive down on their own and of course we aren’t sure whether car clubs will want to make their own way also, I guess depends on the interest from their members. The venue / destination is Bentley Wildfowl / Motor Museum near Lewes www.bentley.org.uk (http://www.bentley.org.uk/)
BN8 5AF
Having talked with Bentley they are happy for us to park our cars up on their lawned area adjacent to the house to create a bit of a spectacle, so a bit of tyre kicking, talking with fellow owners and a spot of lunch….

The start points are:
East = sevenoaks/wrotham
South = still need someone to shout out to organize this one, but ideally hoping that we’ll get some buy in from coastal owners, in which case somewhere brighton way.
West = newlands near shere/Guildford
North = again, waiting on someone getting involved, ideally Croydon/caterham area.
The runs will determine their own route, and the start times will vary a little to take into account trying to arrive within a similar window – at present aiming to get there 11.00

My interest in this stems from 2 things. Firstly I was aware of owners of my marque that fell between 2 small clubs and therefore who had to travel 30/35 miles before a meet/run had even started and as a consequence aren’t so able to be involved in impromtu runs. Secondly as there is no general website for owners of mixed marques there is no way of telling if there is someone just around the corner who would be welcomed into runs/meets etc. for example I’ve met a Caterham owner on a cple of track days at Brands and we’ve talked about him getting together with a little crowd of us for a run, but as I cant find his number I’ve no way of touching base….this could be a good opportunity to make a few new car buddies.

This invite started with the Tiger Owners of which myself and the organizer for the Newlands end are owners, it has been passed on to all many of marques from Westie’s to Nova’s to Dax's = Caterhams’s. it really would be great to have a good gathering and turnout. Obviously we are hoping that the weather is a bit more settled than it has been of late, so of course final numbers will no doubt depend on weather it’s hosing down or a nice sunny day.

Would be grateful if you could let me know if this appeals to any owners and if so would be helpful to get a note of numbers and whether they would be running direct to Bentley or joining a run?

Many thx

Mark mark.greenwood@klaraconsulting.com

Geezer
30-07-09, 05:33 PM
I am trying to put together a car meet for owners of non mainstream cars – date as above.
The idea came about after a couple of us from Kent popped over to Guildford to join some folks before heading down to the Coast. I thought afterwards that if we had made the destination more central then we could have attracted a few more owners.
So the plan is to set 4 start points – yep, n/e/s/west. Drivers can come along, meet up and run down together to the venue – convoy style, no mad hooning. Clearly the start points that are selected still may be in the wrong area for some folks – in which case they’re welcome to just work out their own route and drive down on their own and of course we aren’t sure whether car clubs will want to make their own way also, I guess depends on the interest from their members. The venue / destination is Bentley Wildfowl / Motor Museum near Lewes www.bentley.org.uk (http://www.bentley.org.uk/)
BN8 5AF
Having talked with Bentley they are happy for us to park our cars up on their lawned area adjacent to the house to create a bit of a spectacle, so a bit of tyre kicking, talking with fellow owners and a spot of lunch….

The start points are:
East = sevenoaks/wrotham
South = still need someone to shout out to organize this one, but ideally hoping that we’ll get some buy in from coastal owners, in which case somewhere brighton way.
West = newlands near shere/Guildford
North = again, waiting on someone getting involved, ideally Croydon/caterham area.
The runs will determine their own route, and the start times will vary a little to take into account trying to arrive within a similar window – at present aiming to get there 11.00

My interest in this stems from 2 things. Firstly I was aware of owners of my marque that fell between 2 small clubs and therefore who had to travel 30/35 miles before a meet/run had even started and as a consequence aren’t so able to be involved in impromtu runs. Secondly as there is no general website for owners of mixed marques there is no way of telling if there is someone just around the corner who would be welcomed into runs/meets etc. for example I’ve met a Caterham owner on a cple of track days at Brands and we’ve talked about him getting together with a little crowd of us for a run, but as I cant find his number I’ve no way of touching base….this could be a good opportunity to make a few new car buddies.

This invite started with the Tiger Owners of which myself and the organizer for the Newlands end are owners, it has been passed on to all many of marques from Westie’s to Nova’s to Dax's = Caterhams’s. it really would be great to have a good gathering and turnout. Obviously we are hoping that the weather is a bit more settled than it has been of late, so of course final numbers will no doubt depend on weather it’s hosing down or a nice sunny day.

Would be grateful if you could let me know if this appeals to any owners and if so would be helpful to get a note of numbers and whether they would be running direct to Bentley or joining a run?

Many thx

Mark mark.greenwood@klaraconsulting.com (mark.greenwood@klaraconsulting.com)

Been reading this and the 'PM' thread that is also doing the rounds. It's an admirable idea but your idea did start with somewhere 'Central'. I hardly think Lewes is central, ask the South coast boys... Having said that, thanks for making the effort and we might even get some takers from up this way, but it would have to be the sort of weather that Craggle only goes out in...;)

KevinW
30-07-09, 06:14 PM
... anther bucket of cold water from yately. you aint happy today are you pete? ;) :-P :mrgreen:
here you go......http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2003/dec/29/arts.artsnews1

Geezer
30-07-09, 06:20 PM
... anther bucket of cold water from yately. you aint happy today are you pete? ;) :-P :mrgreen:
here you go......Bob's best gags | UK news | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2003/dec/29/arts.artsnews1)

Yep, it's been one of those days Kev. Half the feckin' lawn is cut and the mower looks like it's been attacked with Green slime...:( Give it another go tomorrow. Time for Tea, said Zebedee and then down the pub to borrow some ale. Well, we only rent it for a couple of hours, don't we?...

KevinW
31-07-09, 09:08 PM
this might be more to your liking....

CORPORATE PRESENTER: 13 Great Bernard Manning jokes (http://corporatepresenter.blogspot.com/2007/06/13-great-bernard-manning-jokes.html)

heard'em first hand when i went to see him at wimbledon theatre about 12 years ago.