PDA

View Full Version : AP Brake Upgrade

Happy Jim
30-07-09, 08:40 PM
Evening all,

Has anyone used this kit (http://www.apracing.com/info/products.asp?product=+XJS+%2D+Front+4+Piston+Kit+C P5200%2D1026_1665_1048) to upgrade from standard Jag brakes/. (16" image Halibrand).

I've got the calipers and pads already and the template shows that the Bell/Rotor/Caliper will fit within the wheel. My concern is that as the kit is for an '84 on Jag the Caliper to upright bracket may not suit my olde worlde upright (I'm assuming they are different...but am hoping that the mounts are the same??).

Thanks

Jim

clive a brown
31-07-09, 10:56 AM
Hi Jim, not seen this setup before, let me know how you get on. whats your rear brake set-up inboard or outboard?

clive

Happy Jim
31-07-09, 03:28 PM
Clive,

Rear is inboard currently, might move to outboard eventually but not top of the list currently.

Rgds

Jim

RichardG
31-07-09, 03:32 PM
Hmm, I like the idea of prices falling over time! Better add these to my shopping list.

Happy Jim
08-11-09, 09:27 PM
...And the answer is?? Yes they do fit :cool:

One more side to go and then bleed the suckers and see what they're like :D

Jim

CycleSi
08-11-09, 10:08 PM
Jim,

l reckon you've been dreaming of many more 'Ring laps hence the AP's !!!

Simon

clive a brown
09-11-09, 01:51 PM
...And the answer is?? Yes they do fit :cool:

One more side to go and then bleed the suckers and see what they're like :D

Jim

Well what are they like Jim?

been and got my X300 outboard set up from berkshire jags in Wokingham - must be near you??

so what pads are you running and how are you intending keeping the inboards cool - unless thats a vented setup?
would you be interested in my inboard disk cooling setup? as wont need it any more?

regards clive

Happy Jim
09-11-09, 06:57 PM
Jim,

l reckon you've been dreaming of many more 'Ring laps hence the AP's !!!

Simon

That's the main culprit - Terrible place :razz:

Happy Jim
09-11-09, 07:00 PM
Well what are they like Jim?

been and got my X300 outboard set up from berkshire jags in Wokingham - must be near you??

so what pads are you running and how are you intending keeping the inboards cool - unless thats a vented setup?
would you be interested in my inboard disk cooling setup? as wont need it any more?

regards clive

At the moment they are just shiney bling, still got to fit the other side and bleed/bed in before I find out what they are like to use.

Pads are Ferodo DS2500.

Rear end is currently stock - what bits did you get/use for the X300 outboard setup (is that the one where the handbrake is a drum brake as part of the Disk?) - Berkshire jags is about 2 miles from me as the crow flies.

Cheers

Jim

clive a brown
09-11-09, 09:33 PM
At the moment they are just shiney bling, still got to fit the other side and bleed/bed in before I find out what they are like to use.

Pads are Ferodo DS2500.

Rear end is currently stock - what bits did you get/use for the X300 outboard setup (is that the one where the handbrake is a drum brake as part of the Disk?) - Berkshire jags is about 2 miles from me as the crow flies.

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim
X300 outboard setup drum brake is part of the Disk is what I got, my car need outboard vented disks as 2 laps of Brandshatch and the brakes were cooked

also using Ferodo DS2500

clive