PDA

View Full Version : London Respray?

AdamC
17-08-09, 04:18 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a place in south east london which is not too expensive for a respray for a Pilgrim Mark III?

Cheers

Adam

MarkyC
17-08-09, 04:45 PM
Hi Adam, how about Southside Concepts. They were recommended in one of the kitcar magazines.

andicole0
17-08-09, 05:17 PM
Depends on how far South East you mean, Brands Hatch isn't that far away and 7-Indulgence (http://www.7-indulgence.com/index.html) have a very good reputation for paint, they did mine after all :)

Andi.

greenwood03
18-08-09, 09:35 PM
actually Andi 7 Indulgence dont do the paintwork - perhaps they used to, but they do use a guy on the same site as they;'re located. And yes he's good. i know i dont have a Cob, but he completely resprayed my 7 including alot of filling, stripes etc. Or as alternative actually by Brands - Chappell Coachworks - west kingsdown. The guy there Gary is very good, only reason i didnt use him for this car was that Indulgence stripped it and pushed it round to the sprayer. I'd recommend either of those if they arent too far away.

slogger
18-08-09, 09:42 PM
actually Andi 7 Indulgence dont do the paintwork - perhaps they used to, but they do use a guy on the same site as they;'re located. And yes he's good. i know i dont have a Cob, but he completely resprayed my 7 including alot of filling, stripes etc. Or as alternative actually by Brands - Chappell Coachworks - west kingsdown. The guy there Gary is very good, only reason i didnt use him for this car was that Indulgence stripped it and pushed it round to the sprayer. I'd recommend either of those if they arent too far away.

Andi's Cob has been painted at 7 Indulgence within the last 12 months.??

dingocooke
18-08-09, 10:18 PM
Try Cheng Limm he is well known for a good quality job at a fair price

Thunder Road Cars, The Home of the Cobra Replica (http://www.thunderroadcars.com/)

greenwood03
18-08-09, 10:27 PM
sorry wasnt trying to be awkward, i started taking my car there in about Oct last year and for sure they weren't doing paint then and as they had the car from jan to May this year they def werent doing paint during that time and as far as i know from all the conversations i've had with them they hadnt ( if ever ) for a long time. infact when mine was being done by the guy in one of the other units i mentioned to John from Indulgence that i knew Gary Chapell and he said that they used to used him in the past. So my assumption would be that they've always farmed out the work. Not that it matters much as clearly Andi ( and myself ) are happy with the end product - wheoever did it.

slogger
18-08-09, 10:49 PM
sorry wasnt trying to be awkward, i started taking my car there in about Oct last year and for sure they weren't doing paint then and as they had the car from jan to May this year they def werent doing paint during that time and as far as i know from all the conversations i've had with them they hadnt ( if ever ) for a long time. infact when mine was being done by the guy in one of the other units i mentioned to John from Indulgence that i knew Gary Chapell and he said that they used to used him in the past. So my assumption would be that they've always farmed out the work. Not that it matters much as clearly Andi ( and myself ) are happy with the end product - wheoever did it.

Wasn't taken as being awkward. Just looking for clarification from all parties.:D

Mine looks like it was painted by class 10 at the local Primary School.

greenwood03
18-08-09, 10:59 PM
slogger - i know you didnt think i was being awkward, i felt awkward commenting about someone elses paint, but as i've known jon/graham at indulgence for best part of a year i was ( am ) quite sure that it wasn't them per se that actually did the work. But if you want to improve on Class 10's efforts, then heartily rec either of the 2 that i mentioned originally :D

slogger
18-08-09, 11:16 PM
slogger - i know you didnt think i was being awkward, i felt awkward commenting about someone elses paint, but as i've known jon/graham at indulgence for best part of a year i was ( am ) quite sure that it wasn't them per se that actually did the work. But if you want to improve on Class 10's efforts, then heartily rec either of the 2 that i mentioned originally :D

Well done m8.:D

Andi's paint is very good and for the money, I have no complaint. I will defo be going to 7 Indulgence when the beast is running again and funds are available.:cool:

andicole0
19-08-09, 08:02 AM
The guy who painted my car was Neil who has a corner of the same block that Jon and Graham work in. To be honest I'm not sure what his relationship is with 7-Indulgence, I suspect for business purposes it would make sense for him to be independent. However I can't imagine any of them suffering from being associated with each other.

Andi.

AdamC
26-08-09, 10:31 AM
Hi,

Thanks for all your help, what's a reasonable price as i have been quoted 700 and also 2,500??

andicole0
26-08-09, 10:37 AM
Hi,

Thanks for all your help, what's a reasonable price as i have been quoted 700 and also 2,500??

2500 would be a good price for a complete (proper?) car spray, 700 sounds a bit cheap to me!

Andi.

greenwood03
26-08-09, 10:45 AM
i've got a '7' type car so bit less to paint! but, i had a complete change of colour: lots of filling and making good as had a few bits reglassed ahead of taking it to the sprayer ( same one as Andi ) - with a solid colour and then a stripe and a bit of tarting up inside panels it was about 1500. if that helps.