PDA

View Full Version : Mid week run out to Basingstoke?

cobra351w
18-08-09, 11:59 AM
Guys,

We discussed a mid week run to the Basingstoke area, Wednesday evening, any takers?

Water Witch was mentioned or any other suitable locations with large carparks and gardens, as the weather is supposed to be "hot".

Rob.

legend
18-08-09, 12:17 PM
Hi Rob, sounds good to me.

What time are you thinking meet there about 7.00-7.15 ?

Cheers Tony.

cobra351w
18-08-09, 12:22 PM
I reckon about 7:15-7:30 ish , as most of the rush hour stuff would have gone.

I don't know where the pub is yet , awaiting Richard to reply with details.!

legend
18-08-09, 12:35 PM
Its the Water Witch, Odiham.

Punch it into google.

AlexB74
18-08-09, 05:23 PM
Seeing as how I live in basingstoke and have never managed to get to a cob club meet yet, I'd best tag along!

I'll be the fat bloke in the dark red v6 pilgrim..

Alex.

Geezer
18-08-09, 06:44 PM
Guys,

We discussed a mid week run to the Basingstoke area, Wednesday evening, any takers?

Water Witch was mentioned or any other suitable locations with large carparks and gardens, as the weather is supposed to be "hot".

Rob.

As there seems to be 2 threads running I thought I ought to reply to this one also!

I hate you all...:sad: First time there has been decent mid-week weather and I'm 6000 miles away... Do get hold of Rich (not easy, Tony might be able to help) as it's the first time we have wandered over his way. I wish you well though, The Water witch is a nice spot:grin:

adriant
18-08-09, 07:02 PM
Guys,

Perhaps I can join. Currently Cobra-less but pick up my Dax rolling chassis next Friday. If I can make it I will either be on a BMW 1200GS Motorbike or a tin top. Hope to see you there.

Adrian

legend
18-08-09, 07:09 PM
Adrian, hope to see you tomorrow.

Cheers Tony.

KevinW
18-08-09, 07:11 PM
Guys,

Waiting for my Dax De Dion, 393 BAE Ford Windsor and praying the wife doesn't find out how much I have spent !

... not much chance of her NOT finding out. The subtle sideways glances at the Goodwood meet when you were mid-flow were quite amusing ;) :-) :-P :-D

cobra351w
18-08-09, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the response....Sounds like we might get a good turnout!

I guess we could meet at Blackbushe airport, ready to leave there at 7pm for those local or on the way, others we'll see you there.

cobra351w
18-08-09, 08:26 PM
Location details if you need them!

Waterwitch, Colt Hill, Odiham, Hook, RG29 1AL

adriant
18-08-09, 09:11 PM
Kevin,

At least life in the dog house is safe, you know where you are and it holds fews surprises. Went to Dax this weekend and saw the rolling chassis. Can't wait !!!

Adrian

KevinW
18-08-09, 09:28 PM
Kevin,

At least life in the dog house is safe, you know where you are and it holds fews surprises. Went to Dax this weekend and saw the rolling chassis. Can't wait !!!

Adrian

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

KevinW
18-08-09, 09:38 PM
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

ok cant do thumb signs. ....going to see mine in a few weeks too.

conrod
19-08-09, 07:36 PM
Rob,

If I've got my bonnet back on, I may well see you there.

Over the last couple of days I've built up fibreglass layers to fill the "ninja alternator fan" hole, then gelcoat filler, then loads of gradually finer wet&dry rubbing, followed by a couple of coats of primer. So tomorrow it's the top coats and clear lacquer - then hopefully it should look a darn sight better than it did before!

In doing all this I've finally found a practical use for my greenhouse - it makes an excellent spray booth! :D

Seeya,

Alan

Location details if you need them!

Waterwitch, Colt Hill, Odiham, Hook, RG29 1AL

adriant
19-08-09, 08:53 PM
Guys,

Have sent my apologies in the other thread, work got in the way tonight. Hope to see you soon.

Adrian

conrod
19-08-09, 09:09 PM
Replying to my own post - the first sign of madness.

The second sign of madness is losing days of the week - who stole Tuesday then?

As I've just discovered it's Wednesday, you'll all probably have noticed I'm not with you! ;)

It must be the paint fumes .....

Rob,

If I've got my bonnet back on, I may well see you there.

Over the last couple of days I've built up fibreglass layers to fill the "ninja alternator fan" hole, then gelcoat filler, then loads of gradually finer wet&dry rubbing, followed by a couple of coats of primer. So tomorrow it's the top coats and clear lacquer - then hopefully it should look a darn sight better than it did before!

In doing all this I've finally found a practical use for my greenhouse - it makes an excellent spray booth! :D

Seeya,

Alan

legend
19-08-09, 09:23 PM
Good pub, good turnout of 9 Cobra's & great company.

Well done Rob, we must do it again.

stevey
19-08-09, 10:05 PM
Good pub, good turnout of 9 Cobra's & great company.

Well done Rob, we must do it again.
We second that look forward to the next meet we will try to bring some more southerners with us!
Steve