PDA

View Full Version : Remote boot lid release??

DJB
04-09-09, 08:02 PM
Has anyone done one of these for their cars? Mine is a MK3. Here in the US, the plate is narrower and deeper, making it to where i can't access my handle or lock. It's not really a security issue, more of a pain in the arse and looks bad issue :sad: i don't want to do a rear bumper mount with the plate.

I would like to have the lid on a spring catch with a button somewhere to release it, or a motor that i can attach to the current GD latch to open & close it. Only thing i seem to be able to find for the latter option though is a solenoid, i don't really want something that abrupt.

Ideas :confused: :?:

KevinW
04-09-09, 08:23 PM
can you mount the plate below the boot lip and if it needs illumination, use side illuminators.

DJB
04-09-09, 08:30 PM
can you mount the plate below the boot lip and if it needs illumination, use side illuminators.

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss323/shelby427uk/CIMG0059.jpg

I would have to remove the rear bumper to make that happen, and it's not really a look i think i would like. I offered it up to the bumper when i first got it, just didn't like it there.

CD427JAG
07-09-09, 05:02 PM
Vinyl sticker plate with handle fitted through?

dingocooke
07-09-09, 07:17 PM
why not fit the handle through the plate with a neatly cut hole and grommet? Or get a smaller licence plate?

Happy Jim
07-09-09, 09:09 PM
Or put the plate on a hinge and use a square T-Bar handle arrangement (removeable handle obviously).

DJB
07-09-09, 09:14 PM
Vinyl sticker plate with handle fitted through?

why not fit the handle through the plate with a neatly cut hole and grommet? Or get a smaller licence plate?

Unfortunately, i am unable to do either. License plates over here only come one way - there are no adhesive alternatives and they are all the same size and can not be altered. They do have smaller ones, but they are for motorbikes only.

Been in touch with someone that used a remote system from a 96 mustang on his Factory Five, so i'll get one from a scrapper and offer it up, see how it fits the GD

Robin427
13-09-09, 03:12 PM
My Ford Mondeo has a little lever that operates the fuel filler cap - it's quite discrete and can't be difficult to set up with a bike brake cable to suit your trunk!