PDA

View Full Version : Now Cobra-less

chesterak
26-09-09, 10:14 PM
Sold my car today to a nice chap from Sunderland (a Newcastle supporter so not an ideal location!!!) Anyway, here's to the next build......

slogger
26-09-09, 11:17 PM
Sold my car today to a nice chap from Sunderland (a Newcastle supporter so not an ideal location!!!) Anyway, here's to the next build......

Well done. May the new project begin.:cool:

KevinW
28-09-09, 03:56 PM
... and it is a ........????

give us a clue - do you need to change your forum name? :-) ;)

colin_c
28-09-09, 04:25 PM
Stan

Out of interest - where did you advertise it ?

Colin

Miket
28-09-09, 04:47 PM
Stan

Out of interest - where did you advertise it ?

Colin

Colin

I sold mine with Classic Cars For Sale, Classic Car Free Ads on Car and Classic UK. FREE Private/Trader Car Classified Advert. Old/Vintage/Veteran/Used Cars (http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/)

No inquirers at all through Pistonheads, but as soon as I posted it with the above they flooded in. ;)

KevinW
28-09-09, 05:12 PM
I had exactly the reverse effect:
about 20 inquiries with Pistonheads,
2 from Cars and Classics.

But then again, my car was advertised at £13.7k, and Mike's was rather more. Market segments and all that perhaps ;)

Dek
28-09-09, 05:22 PM
Colin

I sold mine with Classic Cars For Sale, Classic Car Free Ads on Car and Classic UK. FREE Private/Trader Car Classified Advert. Old/Vintage/Veteran/Used Cars (http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/)

No inquirers at all through Pistonheads, but as soon as I posted it with the above they flooded in. ;)

Looks like a good site. Didn't know about it before. A daydreamers paradise!
Dek

Miket
28-09-09, 05:27 PM
Looks like a good site. Didn't know about it before. A daydreamers paradise!
Dek

And another Classic Cars For Sale, classifieds for used classic car dealers and traders (http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/) ;) ;)

chesterak
28-09-09, 08:07 PM
I didn't advertise it as I wasn't planning to sell it. I replied to a post by the chap who bought it and it just went from there. It had done less than 200 miles between mot's and it was going off the road at the end of October for winter any way. I didn't get exactly what I wanted for it, but, it's gone to a real enthusiast and I have the opportunity to build another. I have an LS1 engine already (courtesy of one of my Lads many abandoned projects) so I'm considering my options, as they say.....

Purple AK
28-09-09, 09:08 PM
Did you also shed a tear when this one went up the road Stan? I reckon you're just a serial builder ;)

chesterak
29-09-09, 07:25 AM
More than a tear mate, I'd built this one to keep. My Grandaughter was almost unconsolable as she has spent almost as much time in the car as me! Anyway, she asked if the next one could be painted pink (after all she is only 71/2) so I said probably not....I showed he the red 'Vette fuel rail covers on the LS engine so we have agreed to keep them!!!

Can you just imagine the "originality" enthusiasts reaction when under the bonnet (sorry, hood) of Cobra they spot a Corvette engine? Oh such fun...

iancobrafan
01-10-09, 05:11 PM
I didn't advertise it as I wasn't planning to sell it. I replied to a post by the chap who bought it and it just went from there. It had done less than 200 miles between mot's and it was going off the road at the end of October for winter any way. I didn't get exactly what I wanted for it, but, it's gone to a real enthusiast and I have the opportunity to build another. I have an LS1 engine already (courtesy of one of my Lads many abandoned projects) so I'm considering my options, as they say.....
Hi Stan,

its done more than 150 miles since saturday i cant keep the grin of my face

Best Regards
Ian

chesterak
01-10-09, 07:43 PM
Nice one Ian, glad you're happy with the car - I've replied to your post re. valuation.
Stan