PDA

View Full Version : Crendon ?

bloke from stoke
22-10-09, 11:05 PM
What's a Crendon google says its a village down south, why are there no posts for over a month, just an enquiry.

slogger
22-10-09, 11:16 PM
What's a Crendon google says its a village down south, why are there no posts for over a month, just an enquiry.

Are you having a Giraffe?

If this is a serious Cob related question then look here:
Entrance page for Cobra 427 Replica build story (http://www.crendon-cars.co.uk/index.shtml)

Why a Crendon Cobra Replica? (http://www.crendon-cars.co.uk/story.html)
If not, then I have missed something.

Neil O
23-10-09, 06:31 AM
Wow, a Crendon technical question. ;)

Sorry, I don't do technical, I'll pass it to the technical department......:D

wilf
23-10-09, 10:06 AM
You can't see the posts because you don't have the Crendon secret decoder ring..............;)

legend
23-10-09, 10:24 AM
As the great lady sang 'simply the best' !!!

There are no technical posts for Crendon's you just assemble, tweek suspension & clutch for personal choice, then just enjoy.

HTH Tony.

snakebite
23-10-09, 12:53 PM
You can't see the posts because you don't have the Crendon secret decoder ring..............;)

Is this a "gay" thing:D

Ian 46
23-10-09, 01:04 PM
Should the Crendon Technical Posts section be removed from the website? Is is rather under used.

Ian

Neil O
23-10-09, 02:18 PM
Is this a "gay" thing:D

Only the way Wilf uses his. ;)

Geezer
23-10-09, 02:29 PM
Should the Crendon Technical Posts section be removed from the website? Is is rather under used.

Ian

You might as well... You get a problem and you're straight on the phone to John Kerr... ;):D

KevinW
23-10-09, 02:57 PM
I diagree.
I like reading through the old posts from time to time.
But then again, I am a sad f*ck.

... speaking of which......... enjoy .... :)

YouTube - Armstrong & Miller - Glengarry Glen Research

wilf
23-10-09, 03:06 PM
Only the way Wilf uses his. ;)

You can kiss my ring, although bearing in mind where you come from, I reserve the right to change my mind.

dingocooke
23-10-09, 04:48 PM
not as gay as an LS engine:D

...fixed it for you tehe.....

dingocooke
23-10-09, 04:51 PM

In my humble, probably the best plastic cobra replicant in the UK if originality, non bling and scuttle shake free excellence are your bag.

Of the 3 cobras Ive owned (RAM. HAWK, and Crendon) it was easily the best compromise for my needs; everyone is different, but thats my take on it.
I have another one in a flash, the other less so...but just my humble...

Ian 46
23-10-09, 08:55 PM
Steve, don't tell everyone. It's our secret.:cool:

Ian

snakebite
26-10-09, 06:10 PM
You can kiss my ring, although bearing in mind where you come from, I reserve the right to change my mind.

Whats the matter......afraid of a little lipstick :p

snakebite
26-10-09, 06:10 PM
...fixed it for you tehe.....

................................off!:D

dingocooke
26-10-09, 07:42 PM
..............give us a kiss..................off!:D

... ah I see what you mean Wilf LOL ;-) :D

Neil O
19-11-09, 03:11 PM
If anyone was still in any doubt as to what a Crendon is.........

Home : Crendon Replicas (http://crendonreplicas.com/index.html)

:D:D

Lloyd Barnes
19-11-09, 03:34 PM

So quite a bit more expensive than a Dax or AK. Most of the difference appears to be in the body/chassis. 10k+ for both from Crendon versus 6.5k for Dax and 3.5k for an AK. Obviously there are differences in whats included but it does seem quite a bit.

Having never seen a Crendon why are they that much more? (genuine question, don't bite my head off all you Crendon owners :-) )

plod
19-11-09, 03:35 PM

Is this new? I never knew he had a website. Very good and easy to follow though.

Neil O
19-11-09, 04:34 PM
Llyod, you have to look into the detail of what is included and what work is done for you already when you compare manufacturers.
If you ask Dax or AK for a rolling chassis with all the same stuff fitted I am sure the prices will become closer.

Plod, the site was only put up yesterday.

wilf
19-11-09, 04:35 PM
So quite a bit more expensive than a Dax or AK. Most of the difference appears to be in the body/chassis. £10k+ for both from Crendon versus £6.5k for Dax and £3.5k for an AK. Obviously there are differences in whats included but it does seem quite a bit.

Having never seen a Crendon why are they that much more? (genuine question, don't bite my head off all you Crendon owners :-) )

Lloyd - take a close look at the build costs sheet.
The Crendon cost includes, for example, for them to fit body to chassis and hang and gap all openings.

Although Crendon prices have moved on a bit since I did mine (what hasn't?) I still believe that many folks spend more on their Dax's than you can build a good Crendon for. But they are not a low budget build, and don't pretend to be that.

Edit: Oakers is that bit quicker than me! (or so his wife told me)

Neil O
19-11-09, 04:45 PM
One minute quicker to be precise.

You stud Wilf. :rolleyes:

KevinW
19-11-09, 06:06 PM
If you ask Dax or AK for a rolling chassis with all the same stuff fitted I am sure the prices will become closer.

Price for an AK rolling chassis : £10,208.55 including VAT upwards.
Comparing apples for apples, I think you'd be up to the crendon price.

KevinW
19-11-09, 06:27 PM

I could put up a long list of issues I had with other cars when I wass looking for my second build. durability, ease of access/maintainence, quality/fit of parts etc etc.

but actually, most important question for me:

how close is chassis/body to an original car?

- might not be important to you. It was to me.

As far as I was concerned it was Crendon or Hawk FIA. Nothing else came close, and I did look carefully at several other cars including reading build manuals/CDs. All the others had something that I didnt like. GD MkIV was also a close 3rd. Kirkham out of my price range.

legend
19-11-09, 11:01 PM
You know the old saying 'You get what you pay for' well in the case of Crendon you get a whole lot more!!!

Quite simply John Kerr is a craftsmen who puts his heart & soul into every car that leaves his workshop FACT.

The Chassis & Body are more money than the other manufacturers but you get a lot of the bits & jobs included that other makers charge for.

He makes next to nothing on the parts you do buy from him which are excellent quality.

I did a price comparison with 3 of the other Jag based kits & a Crendon was 5K cheaper than the most expensive.

HTH Tony.

westcott cobra
11-12-09, 08:55 AM
Well said, nothing to add !!

Greetings from Germany, we are 3 now.....

Westcott