PDA

View Full Version : Exeter Show

Murray
25-10-09, 11:39 AM
I have posted in the general threads but it doesn't seem to get put up.
My question is this, whilst reading about the Exeter Kit Car Show it states that anyone arriving in a Kit Car will get free entrance, how does this work? do you have to pre book or what, and does this cover the passenger too?
Any info gratefully accepted.
Thanks
Murray

Miket
25-10-09, 09:24 PM
Hi Murray

Just turn up, kit car and driver gets in free, passenger pays.;)

westborne
26-10-09, 07:46 AM
Whilst on the subject - an update.

I think we now have two cars for the stand.

Will update further when details become clear.

simon
26-10-09, 10:01 AM
Used to go with a pal of mine in a Mustang, on the gate he'd say "it's based on a granada"............worked every time!

Murray
26-10-09, 10:46 AM
Mike, thanks, just what I needed to know! The wife pays!
Cheers
Murray

andy l
14-11-09, 10:44 AM
Whilst on the subject - an update.

I think we now have two cars for the stand.

Will update further when details become clear.

Hi Chris, what the plans for friday :rolleyes: meeting times, any items, tools required, Andy ;)

westborne
15-11-09, 03:14 AM
Aim to meet at Westpoint around 3 ish

Table to be transported but I think Laurie or Ant will do that.

Steve R has metal bits but needs help transporting - Anybody got Langbod 15's contact details - I seem to have lost them !!

I will bring CRC banner and Coffee pot - Andy can you supply poly cups again?

Mike T - do you have the CRC logo ?

Am away most of the week but intend to take Friday off

Give me a call

westborne
16-11-09, 09:13 AM
OK after phone calls at weekend the plan is as follows

Laurie is calling at my place about 2.30 to pick up table - we'll be down about 3pm

I'll bring black cloth coffee machine CRC mags and a Photo Roll.and CRC banner

Steve L is meeting up with Steve R wth van and bringing down metal bits and lights.

Simon H bringing his car in at 3 pm to Westpoint

Neil O bringing his car down at same time

Andy L bringing Cups (I hope ) Any spare folding chairs would be good - Ill bring about 4

WHO HAS THE SQUARE CRC LOGO BOARD??? - Oakley??

Neil O
16-11-09, 04:27 PM
Nope, don't have the square board. I thought it went over to Snakebite's place with everything else.
I'll bring the printed boards I have from last year, is Martin bringing his stand thingy that they stick to?
If I have the blue extension cables, I will bring them too.

slice
16-11-09, 08:21 PM
i have been reading the Final Instructions leaflet from cookie about exhibitor parking around the venue.
seems like they want us to park as far away as possible. thats ok but i have two tall (over 2 metres) display stands to manhandle into the hall.

by any remote chance are there trolleys available to borrow so that heavy stuff can be transferred into the hall without back strain or hernias?
Or, is it a case of bring your own?

look forward to meeting you all - we're on stand M69 across from the Cobra Club stand so we'll amble across and say hello (and scrounge a coffee too!!)

cheers

dave

Neil O
16-11-09, 08:53 PM
Dave, come and see us on the Cobra Club stand, if we have enough bodies or we are done with our stand I'm sure there will be some help available.
You can park close to unload, maybe even inside the hall if you are early enough. You just need to see Cookie and sort it out when you get there, he is normally pretty easy going.

slice
16-11-09, 09:09 PM
Ah well, thats straight forward then! thanks for the info neil... much easier than i thought.
i was imagining feeling pangs of guilt seeing Jan struggling acrosss the car park with a display stand over her shoulder!!

see you friday...

cheers

dave

Miket
16-11-09, 09:14 PM
Ah well, thats straight forward then! thanks for the info neil... much easier than i thought.
i was imagining feeling pangs of guilt seeing Jan struggling acrosss the car park with a display stand over her shoulder!!

see you friday...

cheers

daveAs Neil said, but don't park or unload on any of the yellow Hash lines/ boxes around the main arena as you will get a parking ticket. :( :(

Neil O
16-11-09, 09:20 PM
As Neil said, but don't park or unload on any of the yellow Hash lines/ boxes around the main arena as you will get a parking ticket. :( :(
No ticket, but the clamper will get you.:mad:

We watched a good old row kick off a few years ago. I thought the clamper was going to the big clamping cloud in the sky....;)

slice
16-11-09, 09:33 PM
No ticket, but the clamper will get you.:mad:

We watched a good old row kick off a few years ago. I thought the clamper was going to the big clamping cloud in the sky....;)

hey, that must have been entertaining to watch! but lets face it, i think we all agree... its where all the clampers belong anyway ;)

slice
16-11-09, 10:03 PM
just on another subject... i emailed cookie late last week - when he did come back to me a couple of days later he apologised for the delay in replying but said he had been very busy on newspaper, tv and radio interviews giving much publicity for the show!

got to say i think he's doing a stirling job, he has been very helpful (and very patient!)...deserves a medal - looking forward to meeting him!

slogger
16-11-09, 10:19 PM
just on another subject... i emailed cookie late last week - when he did come back to me a couple of days later he apologised for the delay in replying but said he had been very busy on newspaper, tv and radio interviews giving much publicity for the show!

got to say i think he's doing a stirling job, he has been very helpful (and very patient!)...deserves a medal - looking forward to meeting him!

Be sure to ask him about 'Colin Shelby.':twisted:;)

Neil O
17-11-09, 09:08 AM

From what I have seen, he works very hard to make his shows work for both exhibitors and visitors.
Of course it should also be mentioned that he has been very generous in his support for this club via Exeter Show.:-D

Bear in mind that the parking Stazi are not employed by Cookie but by the venue. I believe they have a health and safety/insurance remit to stick to.

stu e
17-11-09, 06:15 PM
OK after phone calls at weekend the plan is as follows

Laurie is calling at my place about 2.30 to pick up table - we'll be down about 3pm

I'll bring black cloth coffee machine CRC mags and a Photo Roll.and CRC banner

Steve L is meeting up with Steve R wth van and bringing down metal bits and lights.

Simon H bringing his car in at 3 pm to Westpoint

Neil O bringing his car down at same time

Andy L bringing Cups (I hope ) Any spare folding chairs would be good - Ill bring about 4

WHO HAS THE SQUARE CRC LOGO BOARD??? - Oakley??

Has anyone sorted the visitors book for Dolphinboy. Don't want to upset him two years in a row:razz:.

westborne
19-11-09, 06:44 AM
I am a little behind at the moment - we are "reorganising" the Company - (we havn't done for at least 6 months so it must be time again!)

I am trying to take a day off tomorrow and will see if I can track down a visitors book for Dolphin boy and Rachael

Just spoke with Andy - he is finding cups - but warns that the forecast is absolutely horrible - but then he would say that anyway!!

Hope Snakebite has the bits and pieces. - I have CRC Mags etc .

See you Tomorrow pm

By the way Neil - I think the Hall is open from 11 am according to Cookie if you wanted to drop your car in early - I'd better let Simon know as well - do you think he will have replaced his broomstick with a boot prop?

westborne
19-11-09, 09:01 AM
Still trying to track down Martin B. So dont know - got a feeling he may be away.

Marketing team is compiling a Visitors book

Tony M coming down I think

Spoken with Peter Jones - Can somebody bring a decent camera so we can get some stand shots for the Mag ??

And Peter has asked for a mini article so could we perhaps use the visiors book for impressions of the show etc etc?

Can somebody deliver me a dozen bottles of red wine?

snakebite
19-11-09, 11:44 AM
I HAVE a BIG behind at the moment - we are "reorganising" the Company - (we havn't done for at least 6 months so it must be time again!)

I am trying to take a day off tomorrow and will see if I can track down a visitors book for Dolphin boy and Rachael

Just spoke with Andy - he is finding cups - but warns that the forecast is absolutely horrible - but then he would say that anyway!!

Hope Snakebite has the bits and pieces. - I have CRC Mags etc .

See you Tomorrow pm

By the way Neil - I think the Hall is open from 11 am according to Cookie if you wanted to drop your car in early - I'd better let Simon know as well - do you think he will have replaced his broomstick with a boot prop?

Might have but then again might.............................:razz:

P.S corrected for you :D

westborne
20-11-09, 07:34 AM
Martin B has been away - made contact this morning.Neil his mini stand is out with a customer.

Steve R - Ta

Has anybody noticed that Oakers could not have been busy yesterday - he posted about a squillion times!!!

You trying to catch Mike T Neil ? See yoall this arvo

Neil O
20-11-09, 09:05 AM
Multi tasking mate.

You should try it some time, keeps you in touch with your feminine side. ;)