PDA

View Full Version : Transit times for parts from the US

KevinW
18-11-09, 05:27 PM
OK, I ordered a cob part from the US from an advertiser on ebay - 100% feedback.
He toldme it woudl ship the following week. That was 2 weeks ago. I emailed him again, with no reply.

Time to contact Paypal, and leave negative feedback on ebay?
I welcome your suggestions.

Lloyd Barnes
18-11-09, 05:38 PM
OK, I ordered a cob part from the US from an advertiser on ebay - 100% feedback.
He toldme it woudl ship the following week. That was 2 weeks ago. I emailed him again, with no reply.

Time to contact Paypal, and leave negative feedback on ebay?
I welcome your suggestions.

Does he have other feedback on Ebay, might be instructive to read that first. If he did exactly what he said and shipped it a week ago it should be arriving shortly. Seems a bit early to write him off?

KevinW
18-11-09, 05:48 PM
OK, dont want to jump the gun.
Id heard of Finnishline orders coming in a couple of days, so wondered what was a 'reasonable' time. Its coming by US Mail, if that makes a difference.

denis84
18-11-09, 05:56 PM
I buy many scale models cars from the states on Ebay
Sometimes the goods have been delivered one or even two months after posting,depending the way they take (plane or boat-or bourbon empty bootle!!-)
The only negative feedback i left was to a guy who don't answered after two messages and for his goods i don't get after one month
It's always better to try talking before and then,if needed,to kill the seller

JamesP
18-11-09, 06:12 PM
It took two weeks for Karl to get a PCB I sent him from Switzerland to the UK, normally this would take three to four days.

I suspect the recent postal strikes on your side may be having an effect.

Saying that I've been in your position, it's not a nice place to be in - in my case the other side did a runner with my money, I hope your situation works out a lot better than mine.

James

Purple AK
18-11-09, 07:56 PM
Oldest son ordered some headlight units off of ebay from the states, and they took 3-4 weeks to get here. As your part has been sent US Mail (I guess you didn't ask for Air Mail?) Then it is probably sitting on a boat somewhere between here and there ;)

wilf
18-11-09, 08:59 PM
I have had parts sent by US mail in 2 days before now, but just at the moment, things from HK I would expect in a week or less are taking 4. Customs?

Gonch
18-11-09, 09:16 PM
I'm pretty sure you have up to 4 weeks to raise an issue with eBay and Pay-pal. Give it as long as you can.

daveymuso
19-11-09, 10:22 PM
Hi

I have a lot of experience importing/exporting goods to/from the USA - via ebay too. You should allow the seller the maximum time you can before escalating to a claim. It is not his fault - it is customs & royal mail (as USPS are very efficient) - don't get nasty with him unless you know 100% he is guilty!!! It will get you nowhere...

If you do not get it before you claim limit runs out, open a claim to get your money back because the mail system has lost it! Ebay should give you your refund (out of seller's hands!) and the seller must claim a loss from his courier.

I think the claim limit is 30 days from auction end --- please check this out!

You could ask him for a tracking number...

Neil O
19-11-09, 10:28 PM
Kevin, you are screwed. He has had your money and you will never see the parts.

Happy to help.;)

KevinW
20-11-09, 01:17 AM
Kevin, you are screwed. He has had your money and you will never see the parts.

Happy to help.;)

I thank you. I can now sleep easy tonight.

Neil O
20-11-09, 06:10 AM
I thank you. I can now sleep easy tonight.
That's the great thing about this place, there's always someone on hand to lift your spirits. :mrgreen:

RAM427Cobra
20-11-09, 01:24 PM
I know enough about importing from the USA to be a bit dangerous.
Unless you asked for guaranteed air freight it may have gone via sea. If this is the case the minimum transit time is 30 days. Currently the shipping lines are taking capacity off the seas to try and drive up prices ( robbing bar- stewards, and it is legal), this is resulting in further delays of 1 - 4 weeks on top of the 30 days transit times.
Hopefully it has gone via air and you should get it within 1 week after it has been shipped, assuming documentation allows customs clearance quickly etc.
As has been mentioned above you should contact your seller before giving negative feedback etc and ask him what method of shipping he used.
Alan

KevinW
20-11-09, 01:30 PM
he just replied to say its gone, and to expect it in about 10 days.
I live in hope....

RAM427Cobra
20-11-09, 01:47 PM
he just replied to say its gone, and to expect it in about 10 days.
I live in hope....

He must have sent via air. 10 days sounds about right.

daveymuso
21-11-09, 02:48 PM
whatever happens -- always communicate witht the seller via ebay's messaging and keep your cool -- ebay will be on your side if things go wrong :) As a seller, I know that ebay sides with the buyer unless the buyer is 'taking the ****'

My seller name is roxx-online (from www.roxx-online.com) - checkout my feedback status... this will show I know what I'm talking about