PDA

View Full Version : Any one in the deep mountainous North

Sion G WelshV8
07-12-09, 09:12 PM
:pJust joined with a few horses under the old hood nearly groomed for the summer.

I am new to the site - is there anyone based in the Gwynedd area or not to far from.

Is there any local meets?????

Dax 427S/C 350 Chevy with termec - trying to keep it between the hedges :p

BLOKE
08-12-09, 12:08 PM
IF YOU STILL HAVE A PROBLEM. From home page, clic forums, scroll down to regional forums, you will find two, North wales, and South Wales, post on there you should find all the help/ info. you need.
In the un-likley avent this is not forthcoming, come back to me with a PM (personal message) if you can.
Regards Frank Dowsett. BLOKE.

:pJust joined with a few horses under the old hood nearly groomed for the summer.

I am new to the site - is there anyone based in the Gwynedd area or not to far from.

Is there any local meets?????

Dax 427S/C 350 Chevy with termec - trying to keep it between the hedges :p

chesterak
08-12-09, 12:18 PM
Hi Sion,
Sorry for the delay in responding.....welcome to the Club.
Yes there is a local to North Wales section that meets on the fourth Sunday in the month. Meeting places vary and are (usually) with 20 miles or so of Chester and have been in North Wales, Llangollen if I remember correctly.
I have not been to local meets for a while but there is an active group - I'm not sure who is the local organizer but if he/she does not respond to your post, I'll try and find out.
HTH

Lloyd Barnes
08-12-09, 12:27 PM
Hi Sion,
Sorry for the delay in responding.....welcome to the Club.
Yes there is a local to North Wales section that meets on the fourth Sunday in the month. Meeting places vary and are (usually) with 20 miles or so of Chester and have been in North Wales, Llangollen if I remember correctly.
I have not been to local meets for a while but there is an active group - I'm not sure who is the local organizer but if he/she does not respond to your post, I'll try and find out.
HTH

Didn't know that, there's been talk about getting together but didn't realise there were actual meets? (or did you all not tell me intentionally :mrgreen:)

I was planning to head over to the West Mids one as soon as the rain naffs off (this weekend maybe) but if there is something a bit closer to home....

chesterak
08-12-09, 12:46 PM
Hi Lloyd,
I've seen your previous posts and assumed you knew there are regular Ceshire/North Wales meets......I'm unclear why the organizer(s) of these meets have not respoded to you previously?
Maybe he/she/they don't visit this forum regularly but if anything is organized that I'm fairly sure it gets posted.

Purple AK
08-12-09, 05:42 PM
There is a North Wales/Cheshire roaming meet organised by the Area Rep Graham Nixon. I don't think that Graham visits the Forum but notifies people via email. From what I can make out, The group has become an "area club", most of whom no longer own a Cobra and who just meet up for a drink/meal.
Here is the reply to an email I sent asking Graham to post the upcoming events on the Forum.

Hi Chris,
We meet once a month at various different locations of which I inform all members of the club. This month we meet at the Pant yr Ochain pub in wrexham. Of the twenty odd members always the same group of about 4 or 5 cobras turn up. We have become a group of friends rather than a club. I have sold my Cobra some time ago and no-one wants to take up chairmanship.
Some of the others are in the process of selling theirs as well. I guess we all move on. I am only carrying on as chairman at present to keep the club going otherwise it would fold ( although we will probably keep meeting as friends!).
I have had no calls or communication from the other members apart from to tell me they have sold their Cobs and didn't want any more e-mails, or the other day a call from someone who had just bought a Caterham and wanted to know if we could get stuff cheap for him.

I just thought I would put you in the picture re:- our " club". If you have any suggestions or advice I am all ears .
Cheers Graham

As you can see Graham would like to step down. Anyone fancy taking this on and organising things? And letting everyone know whats going on via the Forum.

Sion G WelshV8
08-12-09, 08:14 PM
Fantastic so there is life even though it is fading fast .......between being a recent family man, palying rugby every weekend, rugby club secetary, work and trying to get the Cob back on the road plus somewhere hopefully getting to drive it .....running a Cobra club sounds great but is unlikely to happen at the moment sorry.

Would be glad to help where i can though.

When is the next meet i.e. what date and what time ?

Cheers again

chesterak
08-12-09, 09:35 PM
I'm still a Member and have no intention of quitting although I sold my Cob (and building another...).
There are a number of owners in this area but, I suppose, like me have other time pressures.
From recent correspondence, there are local members in; Chester, Deeside, Fflint, Wrexham, Eastham, Ellesmere Port, Runcorn (I think), Northwich, Winsford, to name but a few.
There are certainly enough people with interest to keep our section alive, what about shared resposibility? What about time limited Chairman - say expires after 6 or 12 months? So no ne feels like they have the black spot....

Purple AK
08-12-09, 09:55 PM
Here's a suggestion ;) It works for the SW Guys and I have put it forward to the Scottish Guys who are also " Under Rep'd" and spread out as you guys are.
There are enough of you at a loose end! So, between yourselves pick a month each and go find a suitable Pub/Venue/Show to attend for that Months Meet. Then post it in the Calender on here so as to attract any new people, And one of you email the others. All it needs is one person with 5 minutes spare time per month to do this.

Lloyd Barnes
08-12-09, 10:00 PM
Here's a suggestion ;) It works for the SW Guys and I have put it forward to the Scottish Guys who are also " Under Rep'd" and spread out as you guys are.
There are enough of you at a loose end! So, between yourselves pick a month each and go find a suitable Pub/Venue/Show to attend for that Months Meet. Then post it in the Calender on here so as to attract any new people, And one of you email the others. All it needs is one person with 5 minutes spare time per month to do this.

sounds good, I'd be up for that

MR JONES
09-12-09, 07:42 AM
there are a lot of us in the area, and we do need to get together and use our cobras'. a few have said on here about getting a run out sorted, so when the roads dry out a bit, we should go for it. it just need a bit of notice, posted on here with an idea and a date and time, and away we go. the area club do meet once a month for lunch and are a really nice friendly bunch and anyone wanting to go to those, would be made very welcome.
Ian

Lloyd Barnes
09-12-09, 04:06 PM
there are a lot of us in the area, and we do need to get together and use our cobras'. a few have said on here about getting a run out sorted, so when the roads dry out a bit, we should go for it. it just need a bit of notice, posted on here with an idea and a date and time, and away we go. the area club do meet once a month for lunch and are a really nice friendly bunch and anyone wanting to go to those, would be made very welcome.
Ian

perhaps an easy starting point is to post details on here of where the area club currently meets and when?

I'm happy to contact Graham and do this if no one knows. Anyone got a contact number they can PM me? If not presume I could get them from Snaketorque.

chesterak
09-12-09, 09:24 PM
Lloyd, send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward the last message I had with all addresses.

Sion G WelshV8
10-12-09, 10:18 PM
sounds good, I'd be up for that

I sure thing - why not life it to short to sit around thinking about things......

I'd prefer anything after say May ish as the wife complains she does not see enough of me in the Rugby season as is .......little does she know that the Cob will be back in town.

Anyway Lloyd maybe one day we can meet halfway somewhere and discuss it over a fry up in a greasy cafe somewhere deep in the middle of some proper driving roads. ......just need to finish the car and wait for some better weather. :rolleyes:

Lloyd Barnes
11-12-09, 11:48 AM
I sure thing - why not life it to short to sit around thinking about things......

I'd prefer anything after say May ish as the wife complains she does not see enough of me in the Rugby season as is .......little does she know that the Cob will be back in town.

Anyway Lloyd maybe one day we can meet halfway somewhere and discuss it over a fry up in a greasy cafe somewhere deep in the middle of some proper driving roads. ......just need to finish the car and wait for some better weather. :rolleyes:

Sounds good, bl00dy diet food at home at the moment, must be a decent greasy spoon around there somewhere :mrgreen:

Tried emailing and phoning Graham on the two numbers I have. No response so far but I'll keep trying. If we can stick up dates for when the existing meetings are then thats a starting point.