PDA

View Full Version : advice

peter welsh
10-12-09, 03:41 PM
hi people, any members living in barking/dagenham area? could do with some general advice on buying my first dax cobra from DB. any general comments, tips, would be appreciated also pitfalls. all the best peter.

Neil O
10-12-09, 03:56 PM
By "DB", do you mean Dave Brookes?

If so, there are plenty of people here who will put their hand up and tell you how happy they have been with the whole experience.
Not sure who there is in your area that has first hand knowledge though.
I'm sure someone will be along shortly.....:mrgreen:

Wilburn
10-12-09, 05:31 PM
Hi Peter,

I have a Dax Cobra from Dave Brookes and cannot recommend him highly enough.

He is a top bloke building top cars.

rocketmut
10-12-09, 08:44 PM
Ditto, if it is indeed a car by Dave Brookes that you are thinking of.:grin:

robert
14-12-09, 08:51 PM
hi people, any members living in barking/dagenham area? could do with some general advice on buying my first dax cobra from DB. any general comments, tips, would be appreciated also pitfalls. all the best peter.

Someone in the area with a DB will be along shortly, there are quite a few of them out there. ;)

GUMBALL
14-12-09, 11:06 PM
Was my post deleted because I mentioned another site or something????

I thought I was being helpfull??

Sean

wilf
15-12-09, 08:43 AM
No Sean, we just don't like you. :mrgreen:

robert
15-12-09, 09:47 AM
Was my post deleted because I mentioned another site or something????

I thought I was being helpfull??

Sean

No, I think I may have deleted a couple of posts in this thread by accident when deleting my own.

Erm, fat finger trouble. :D

GUMBALL
15-12-09, 11:18 AM
No worries Rob. Fat finger sufferer here too.

Wilf, I think you'll find liking people is "gay" anyway, so glad to hear it!! (Where's the "gay" smiley??!!)

Sean

wilf
15-12-09, 01:36 PM
LOL

Maybe ALL smileys are gay? Now that would cause a few problems for some folks.

westborne
15-12-09, 01:51 PM
I had DB build me a car back in 2002

Needless to say it is still going strong and nothing has fallen off !!

DB - Top Guy - aftercare is tremendous !!

Seriously can be trusted - Go for it !! - you wont regret it

runt
15-12-09, 07:31 PM
Hi Peter, I enquired about the possibility of a factory built Dax 427 at DJ Sportscars in early 2006, my cousin had built a SR V8 and now a Dax and it would have been rude to ask him to build another.
DJ's directed me to Dave Brookes and so I took a train up to Stoke and Dave's completed cars were a testament to his talents and experience, also he was courteous and patient with moi (a non-engineer who spoke with a London accent.)
If you want something a bit different, Dave will somehow interpret whats required, and suggest/design/fabricate, a rare talent.
With such a wealth of experience he knows the Dax kit very well, he also loves cars and is a champion of free speech and the freedom of the road.
I knew he'd build me a lovely Dax but was STUNNED when the car materialised, still love it three years later.
I didn't think it was too expensive either, furthermore your guarantee is something Dave will honour,this doesn't mean you would have to get it to Stoke if you had a problem, Dave will explain this to you.
You will not regret having a DB Dax built, go for it!

Paul/runt

Nigel Foster
26-11-10, 10:58 AM
Thread has gone very quiet.....Wonder if he commissioned a DB?

Vidge
26-11-10, 11:51 AM
I think it's Dave generating some free advertising before christmas :), I'm not sure it'll work, people out there probably have the money to buy others a Dax replica as a gift but where are they going to get a sock big enough to fit it in ?

dave
26-11-10, 03:54 PM
Hi Nigel/ Andy.
Was't me.
The OP ended up going quiet........... after all the support from my "Friends" on this thread :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :-
http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/general-tech-tips-questions/37380-chromed-engine.html

Vidge
27-11-10, 04:48 AM

Hi Peter,

All Joking aside, Dave does very nice work. You're welcome to come and view my car, Dave hand a hand in the finish and I can't fault the work in anyway, the quality is excellent. Drop me a PM, I'm not that far up the M11 from you.

Cheers

Andy