PDA

View Full Version : My T5 gearbox...

karl_tanner
20-01-10, 09:24 PM
WOOHOO!! I finally got a cosworth T5 gearbox!! But I wanted it so I can pinch the tailhousing off of it and the selector shaft... Just as well it came in bits.... Also a run in with the Police and a caution to boot! What a day to remember..
As the TVR T5 of mine is a new one and a good one, I'm going to surgically remove the T5 TVR rear tail housing and swap it with the other... I'll of course take lots of piccys, but I was thinking of writing all this up about the different types of gearboxes, (TVR/Cossie) and the LT77 options and stuff... How do you go about doing it for Wiki? Any ideas?

The newcomer MUST be warned!! ;)

:D Cobra / :mad: ******g Police

I might have a rant about it all in the cockpit... Happy/Angry feeling is confusing!!

twincams
21-01-10, 12:00 AM
HELLO i to have a T gear box mine came from a Ford Cosworth and plan to fit in my Hawk but the problem i have is the gear lever is about 6" to far back, am told there are 3 gear lever positions, measurements from front of bell housing are TVR 11" + TVR 15" + Cosworth 22" looks like I need the TVR 15" lever position, if can find that i will have my cosworth remote spare so if you have any parts to help my problem i may have parts for yours thanks twincams

Daryn Smith
21-01-10, 06:34 PM
HELLO i to have a T gear box mine came from a Ford Cosworth and plan to fit in my Hawk but the problem i have is the gear lever is about 6" to far back, am told there are 3 gear lever positions, measurements from front of bell housing are TVR 11" + TVR 15" + Cosworth 22" looks like I need the TVR 15" lever position, if can find that i will have my cosworth remote spare so if you have any parts to help my problem i may have parts for yours thanks twincams

Hi

I have sent you a pm along with my mobile number...we may be able to help each other and we live fairly close.

Daryn

ps.
Glad it worked out for you Karl

karl_tanner
21-01-10, 07:28 PM
Hi!
Yes, it's all come good! Well, as for the tail bit on my TVR gearbox, I will measure the distance, BUT hopefully Daryn may have what you are looking for! But I will measure it all the same....!

Karl :D

Hi

I have sent you a pm along with my mobile number...we may be able to help each other and we live fairly close.

Daryn

ps.
Glad it worked out for you Karl