PDA

View Full Version : replacing sierra washer/indicator arms

steve_h
10-02-10, 10:06 AM
If I change my sierra stalks for nice shiny home made ones is there anything to stop me relocating the screen washer fron the original push in end section to the old rear wiper pins on the multi plug?

so you would push the whole stalk forward to wash

Steve

andicole0
10-02-10, 11:16 AM
I would have thought that was OK, they go via a relay anyway don't they?

Andi.

steve_h
10-02-10, 03:36 PM
yes all through the same relay, just struck me that if its so obvious it must be wrong!

Andi, how you doing? havent seen you around at the last couple of meets mind you it was bloody cold at last months meet

up for the 28th?

Steve

andicole0
10-02-10, 04:02 PM
yes all through the same relay, just struck me that if its so obvious it must be wrong!

Andi, how you doing? havent seen you around at the last couple of meets mind you it was bloody cold at last months meet

up for the 28th?

Steve

Been rather hectic here plus a bad bout of tonsillitis. We'll see what the weather is like. The car has been started and out for a short run so it's ready when the weather is.

Andi.

Noel
10-02-10, 07:45 PM
Hi Steve, yes its apparently easy to do :rolleyes: I'm no slouch at electrics but spent several hours at it and could'nt work out which pins did it :oops::oops::oops:

Put a switch on the dash instead and have only used it a couple of times in two years

chedz
10-02-10, 09:41 PM
I'm no slouch at electrics but spent several hours at it and could'nt work out which pins did it :oops::oops::oops:

Noel! Shame on you!

Everything you wanted to know about doing this is below including how to change the wiring to do what you want......

How To Build a Pilgrim Sumo: Stainless Stalks mod (http://how-to-build-a-pilgrim-sumo.wikidot.com/stainless-stalks-mod)

to quote:

"So to get the desired switching, all you need to do is move the wire that's on 53-c onto the W pin, you can easily test this using a multimeter and reading (resistance ;)) between pins 54 and 53-c, and between 54 and W when using the switches. To change these round you don't even need a soldering iron"

hope this helps

Graham