PDA

View Full Version : Any /Many of you SE guys going to Detling - idea...

greenwood03
18-02-10, 10:36 PM
Hope that you guys are all keeping well.

Wondered if any or many of you are planning a trip to Detling. Things have been a bit quiet on the 'mass meet/run out front' - but Detling may be a chance to rectify that.......
Had a thought that we could get a few clubs or owners together en route to Detling on one of the days ( probably the Sunday ). Rough idea would be to set a meet point at a Cafe about 20-30 mins from the site, get folks to pitch up, have a natter and a bite and then convoy the final leg turning up en masse. To make it work/worthwhile it'd be handy to get a view as to whether that would hold any interest. Timing can be tweaked, but probably aim to meet 10, leave the cafe 11/11.15 and get to Detling 11.30 ish. Can you let me know if that might appeal.

Also: for those of you who are interested in other run outs, getting together with other marques. I've set up a website southernkitcars.com
Its static at the moment ( although the email addresses work ) - message board will be ready in a cple of wks. The aim is for folks to be able to shout out to other owners if they fancy a bit of company on an impromptu run. It'll also publicise bigger runs like Bentley/Big Brekkie, i hope that this year we'll do a few other bits n pieces: fish n chip run one evening, a days blatting in France ( that'll be the 24th April ). Welcome to email to register interest for all future events ( inc the idea about Detling ).

Happy and Safe Blatting
Mark

gareth08
20-02-10, 03:09 PM
Hope that you guys are all keeping well.

Wondered if any or many of you are planning a trip to Detling. Things have been a bit quiet on the 'mass meet/run out front' - but Detling may be a chance to rectify that.......
Had a thought that we could get a few clubs or owners together en route to Detling on one of the days ( probably the Sunday ). Rough idea would be to set a meet point at a Cafe about 20-30 mins from the site, get folks to pitch up, have a natter and a bite and then convoy the final leg turning up en masse. To make it work/worthwhile it'd be handy to get a view as to whether that would hold any interest. Timing can be tweaked, but probably aim to meet 10, leave the cafe 11/11.15 and get to Detling 11.30 ish. Can you let me know if that might appeal.

Also: for those of you who are interested in other run outs, getting together with other marques. I've set up a website southernkitcars.com
Its static at the moment ( although the email addresses work ) - message board will be ready in a cple of wks. The aim is for folks to be able to shout out to other owners if they fancy a bit of company on an impromptu run. It'll also publicise bigger runs like Bentley/Big Brekkie, i hope that this year we'll do a few other bits n pieces: fish n chip run one evening, a days blatting in France ( that'll be the 24th April ). Welcome to email to register interest for all future events ( inc the idea about Detling ).

Happy and Safe Blatting
Mark

Mark,

great idea and hopefully some interest will be shown.......the only problem that I can see is that at this time of year quite a few Cob owners will still be finishing there winter projects and therefore may not be able to make Detling (me included). If I can get a shed load of help to get mine back together I will happily meet up somewhere (even though Detling is only 2 minute drive for me)....

As for the other ideas...great....we really need someone to make things happen in the SE as the whole lot has fell flat on it's face for the last few years at least....(I would of done it but other things have prevented me from doing that)......

One word of warning/advice....there are a lot of people who promise much but wouldn't offer the time of day...(you know who you are)...:evil:

dave.n
21-02-10, 10:19 AM
Mark,

great idea and hopefully some interest will be shown.......the only problem that I can see is that at this time of year quite a few Cob owners will still be finishing there winter projects and therefore may not be able to make Detling (me included). If I can get a shed load of help to get mine back together I will happily meet up somewhere (even though Detling is only 2 minute drive for me)....

As for the other ideas...great....we really need someone to make things happen in the SE as the whole lot has fell flat on it's face for the last few years at least....(I would of done it but other things have prevented me from doing that)......

One word of warning/advice....there are a lot of people who promise much but wouldn't offer the time of day...(you know who you are)...:evil:

Not sure if your having a pop at me or not.

Sure the weather has been crap, but the SE meets and drives out, odd picnics, occasional shows have been attended.
In the last two years we now have the midweek Maidstone meet that you organise, and a midweek meet over Sussex/Surrey.
Please enlighten me on anything I've promised and not delivered.

I have always said I ain't gonna hold everyones hand and organise everything for everyone, it's your club everyone not mine.

Mark
Is great at what he does and is well respected for the time and effort he puts in. He organises multi mark car events.

Clarkson
21-02-10, 11:13 AM

A bit like you going to fit my kitchen then 3 years ago!?:(

V8 BJC
21-02-10, 01:04 PM
Hi Mark,
I would be up for it if meeting point not too far east of the showground & my 7 month old little girl allows daddy out for the day.
Brian

Gareth,
I was really surprised to read your comments above. We have a great region and I have always found lots of choice of events to do and they are mostly well attended :confused: :confused: :confused:
Maybe you were relating to one specific experience???
Brian

gareth08
21-02-10, 05:59 PM
Hmmmmm.... Dave , Brian and Clarkson....If you think I was refering to you then I think you know me well enough to say it straight to your face....:mad:You know I will say it as see it and face to face with whoever that may be....As for the person or person's in question I have said it to there face....:mad::evil:

As for your kitchen Jock juice I sent you a quote and heard nothing so I assumed you didn't want it done......:confused:....If you did or did not or had any other reason then you only had to phone me......I will not and never will chase customers once I have sent them a quote even if they are friends etc...It's not my style....I generally take it that if they are interested they will phone me...If not they won't....Simple....:neutral:

Purple AK
21-02-10, 06:29 PM
I hope you're not refering to me either! :-?

gareth08
21-02-10, 07:31 PM
I hope you're not refering to me either! :-?

Have I said anything to your face.....:mad:...apart from the usual piss taking...;)

Guys....This was thread was about Mark seeing if anyone was interested in some run outs etc (which as I've said I think is a great idea)....I posted and finished it with a comment that I feel strongly about.......I chose not to name anyone which is why I added the bit about you know who you are....:mad:

Now if some of you think that it was directed at you, then either you feel that something you have said or done, makes you belive that it was aimed at you or you don't me as well as you think you do.....:confused:

As for Clarksons comment.......not relevant to this but just out of curiosity Dave if that is the case as you see it then why haven't you raised it with me before....:confused:...I mean it's not as if you haven't seen me or anything or couldn't phone me......so why raise it on a public forum 3 years down the line...:mad:

V8 BCC
21-02-10, 07:37 PM
Hi Mark,

The Detling run sounds like a great idea, i would be up for it.
Not sure i want to fit anyones kitchen though ;)

Ben

Purple AK
21-02-10, 07:42 PM
Ahh! Does all this relate back to an unanswered PM from 2 years ago per chance?

gareth08
21-02-10, 07:51 PM
Ahh! Does all this relate back to an unanswered PM from 2 years ago per chance?

Errr...No...:confused: WTF are you talking about...now I'm gonna be scratching my head over that one.....:-?

Clarkson
21-02-10, 08:14 PM
Hmmmmm.... Dave , Brian and Clarkson....If you think I was refering to you then I think you know me well enough to say it straight to your face....:mad:You know I will say it as see it and face to face with whoever that may be....As for the person or person's in question I have said it to there face....:mad::evil:

As for your kitchen Jock juice I sent you a quote and heard nothing so I assumed you didn't want it done......:confused:....If you did or did not or had any other reason then you only had to phone me......I will not and never will chase customers once I have sent them a quote even if they are friends etc...It's not my style....I generally take it that if they are interested they will phone me...If not they won't....Simple....:neutral:

Errr, never received any quote, you never answered nor returned my calls, so I gathered you was not interested.:(

I've probably only seen you twice or so since you have been over here.

Purple AK
21-02-10, 08:19 PM
Errr...No...:confused: WTF are you talking about...now I'm gonna be scratching my head over that one.....:-?
Ok. I've fallen in what you are on about now! Still not nice of you to say things have fallen on there face in the SE over the last few years though! as your car has been off the road for 18 months it hardly applies :evil:

dave.n
21-02-10, 08:21 PM
Mark
Before this gets too out of thread. Great web-site you've created.
And a great idea for a cruise in to Detling.:p

I'm still waiting to hear from people who want to be on the stand this year. :confused:

Those people may not be able to cruise with you as they have to be extra early at Detling.:neutral:

Gareth
I know your man enough to talk to me directly so no offence taken or directed.
The SE region is and has been as active as possible given the amount of rough weather we've had. xxx

gareth08
21-02-10, 09:39 PM
Ok. I've fallen in what you are on about now! Still not nice of you to say things have fallen on there face in the SE over the last few years though! as your car has been off the road for 18 months it hardly applies :evil:

Obviously not Chris as I belive your still wide of the mark to be honest. I think you should re-read the post and note that I said that the SE had fell flat on it's face for the last 2 years or so.....I don't recall actually accusing anyone over that nor did I actually give any reason for why I felt that it had gone a bit flat....irrelevant of my cob being on or off the road I have still attended the midweek meets.......not as much has happened in the SE as what has gone on in previous years for one reason or another but that may well be a difference of opinion depending on what way you look at it.....:neutral: As for the other comment that is a fact.......If you really want to discuss that issue then feel free to phone me....;)

Clarkson ....Like I said before you could of phoned me or even spoke to me at Detling (I,ve been there every year) or the classic or sent me PM or an e-mail. If you say you never got a quote then there plenty of ways you could of contacted me rather than bring it up 3 years later....sour grapes by any chance.....:???:

greenwood03
21-02-10, 11:39 PM
Its like home from home! We have this type of thread on the Tiger forum, and i'd guess it happens on them all - a subject that takes a meander down other roads.
Glad to hear that there's some interest from you chaps, will get back with details nearer the time. Am thinking about a particular cafe thats about 25-30 mins from Detling, just off the m26, that way we can capture folks coming from north of the water and those that may be doing some of teh journey on the motorway. Will pop back early March - about a month ahead of Detling to firm things up......

V8 BJC
22-02-10, 11:48 AM
:neutral:

Gareth, did not mean to offend anyone and certainly did not in any way think you were reffering to me. As I said, I was just surprised to see the comment regarding the SE region falling flat over the last few years.

gareth08
22-02-10, 06:33 PM
Gareth, did not mean to offend anyone and certainly did not in any way think you were reffering to me. As I said, I was just surprised to see the comment regarding the SE region falling flat over the last few years.

Brian, you haven't offended me at all if that is what you meant.....my comment on the SE was based purely on the fact that it has not been as busy in the last few years as it has been before...for whatever reason/s....no finger of blame pointed , directed or meant at anyone on that issue......

As for the other comment...well lets just say that unless I have said anything to anyone directly it is not aimed at them...........As stated before if the comment was aimed at them then they will know who you they are as I would of said it directly to there face at some time...in which case I suspect that they a) are keeping quiet on this post or b) either not on here or ...well whatever....

Oh yeah...... Dave n won't be on here tonight as he pi55ed me off today he blew his fuse board up so he won't have any power until he is nice to me and I go to fix it......:D;)

To be honest I really don't care...if they want to whinge , whine and complain about stuff then I strongly suggest they either get of there arse and do something about it or (as far as I am concerned) **** off..;):D

Noel
22-02-10, 06:40 PM
Brian, you haven't offended me at all if that is what you meant.....my comment on the SE was based purely on the fact that it has not been as busy in the last few years as it has been before...for whatever reason/s....no finger of blame pointed , directed or meant at anyone on that issue......

As for the other comment...well lets just say that unless I have said anything to anyone directly it is not aimed at them...........As stated before if the comment was aimed at them then they will know who you they are as I would of said it directly to there face at some time...in which case I suspect that they a) are keeping quiet on this post or b) either not on here or ...well whatever....

Oh yeah...... Dave n won't be on here tonight as he pi55ed me off today he blew his fuse board up so he won't have any power until he is nice to me and I go to fix it......

To be honest I really don't care...if they want to whinge , whine and complain about stuff then I strongly suggest they either get of there arse and do something about it or (as far as I am concerned) **** off..;):D

Wish you would stop sitting on the fence and say what's on your mind Gareth?? ;) :p :D :D :D

gareth08
22-02-10, 07:00 PM
Wish you would stop sitting on the fence and say what's on your mind Gareth?? ;) :p :D :D :D

Thats why I said that if you know me and I have something to say you would of known about it already.........:mrgreen:
If I posted on here what I'd said to said person/s (publicaly) I'd probably be banned....:evil:

Purple AK
22-02-10, 07:14 PM
Maybe we should get the Thread Title changed to "Gareths Annual Winter Wind Up" ;) :lol:

Noel
22-02-10, 07:29 PM
Thats why I said that if you know me and I have something to say you would of known about it already.........:mrgreen:
If I posted on here what I'd said to said person/s (publicaly) I'd probably be banned....:evil:

Don't worry......I know you ;);) :cool: :cool:

dave.n
22-02-10, 07:38 PM
gareth.

bollox. I've just worked out how to use this phone.
so I'm watching. I see you

fed up with playying charades

Noel
22-02-10, 07:47 PM
gareth.

That's reassuring Dave......seeing as you are a BT engineer ;) :p:p:p :D

V8 BJC
22-02-10, 07:48 PM
Hahahahahaha - dont you just love forum conversations.

Gareth, I see the confusion now, I read your first post as if the two comments were related to the same subject and not different unrelated points.

Computers - doh!!!!!!!

gareth08
22-02-10, 07:54 PM
Hahahahahaha - dont you just love forum conversations.

Gareth, I see the confusion now, I read your first post as if the two comments were related to the same subject and not different unrelated points.

Computers - doh!!!!!!!

Brian...computers are fine....it's the people that use them that are the problem...:D

Dave....as Noel said...worrying if you have only just worked how to use a phone considering you have worked for BT for 65 years...:D

Got your txt ...I'll see you Tues....;)...should I bring more candles and a BBQ ....;)

gareth08
22-02-10, 07:56 PM
Maybe we should get the Thread Title changed to "Gareths Annual Winter Wind Up" ;) :lol:

Me...wind up...never...not in a million years....you must be confusing me with someone else...:D...now as it goes.....there is someone who really does ....:wink::D

Purple AK
22-02-10, 08:00 PM
gareth.

I'm past playing charades as well!! Gareth you obviously have a problem with "someone" Rather than Hijacking a ligit thread with the problem you should either "Name and Shame" Or sort it out offline face to face. I'm tired of this now!

Clarkson
22-02-10, 08:09 PM

Well don't sit on the fence, till us!! After all you started it:confused:

Noel
22-02-10, 08:17 PM
I'm past playing charades as well!! Gareth you obviously have a problem with "someone" Rather than Hijacking a ligit thread with the problem you should either "Name and Shame" Or sort it out offline face to face. I'm tired of this now!

Lighten up Chris.....this is the most interesting thread this year ;) :D:D:D:D

Noel
22-02-10, 08:17 PM
Well don't sit on the fence, till us!! After all you started it:confused:

You're only saying that as you now know it's not you :p:p:p:p

Purple AK
22-02-10, 08:29 PM
Lighten up Chris.....this is the most interesting thread this year ;) :D:D:D:D
Not bad for Feb 22nd :lol:

Clarkson
22-02-10, 08:33 PM
You're only saying that as you now know it's not you :p:p:p:p

And you..........;)

V8 BJC
22-02-10, 08:37 PM
This is like a game of Cluedo :rolleyes::D

Clarkson
22-02-10, 08:38 PM
This is like a game of Cluedo :rolleyes::D

Think I know what it's all about now!;)

V8 BJC
22-02-10, 08:42 PM
Think I know what it's all about now!;)

Well done :wink:

dave.n
22-02-10, 08:53 PM
Noel
it worries me sometimes just how much I don't know.

I now know why I also hate monopoly. cluedo next. then snakes and ladders. then read a bit off bill bryson. then hit the sack.
gareth ok now I"ce unpacked the le man's camping stuff.

Noel
22-02-10, 08:59 PM
Noel
it worries me sometimes just how much I don't know.

I now know why I also hate monopoly. cluedo next. then snakes and ladders. then read a bit off bill bryson. then hit the sack.
gareth ok now I"ce unpacked the le man's camping stuff.

What used to really annoy me when working for BT is that everyone assumed you knew about phones and only phones....in my 18 years with them I never touched a phone :rolleyes: Always embarrassing being on a customers site and trying to get an outside line :oops:

Noel
22-02-10, 09:07 PM
And you..........;)

Of course :cool: