PDA

View Full Version : Quick Lift Jack Pads.

kdavies3
22-02-10, 02:51 PM
Hi all,
firstly thanks thanks to all those that have helped out with obtaining the drawings for the Quick Jack Pads.

Anyway I have a contact in a local engineering w/shop that has the capability to produce excellent work in mild steel or stainless. (trust me it's good).

For myself I'm going for a set in polished stainless, although I'm told the options are polished stainless, brushed stainless or powder coated mild steel.

As yet I don't know a final figure but if enough people wanted a set I reckon about 120 per set of 4 (2 large for the front and 2 small for the rear).
With enough interest maybe even better.

This is a substantial saving over Finishline (USA) or Europa who come in at around 180.

So please add your name right here or PM me if you are interested.

towman
22-02-10, 04:27 PM
I'm interested on a set in mild steel, (I can paint it by myself in my body shop) if the price is right:rolleyes:

Daxman
22-02-10, 07:09 PM
I too am interested, just let me know the final price.

Russ

kdavies3
22-02-10, 07:50 PM
Hi Russ, I assume you would want polished stainless unless you tell me different. :D

Daxman
22-02-10, 08:37 PM
Sorry! yes please i like shiny!!!:D

Russ

KevinW
22-02-10, 11:31 PM
count me in.

kdavies3
23-02-10, 07:46 AM
Hi KevW, would that be the full bilng variety? or something else?. :D

andyhadi
23-02-10, 08:44 AM
i'de be interested in the polished stainless please kev,

andy.h.

kdavies3
23-02-10, 09:25 AM
Excellent response so far guys, I think I'd better start a spread sheet. :D

Keep the requests coming, remember the more I order we might get the cost down some more. :p

GARY
08-03-10, 07:54 PM
Hi Kev,
i would be interested in a set for my SRV8, in stainless, i always liked the look of these, let us know how you get on and a price please,
Gary.

kdavies3
08-03-10, 08:04 PM
Hi Gary.
no problem we should be tooling up for them this week, then fine tuning prior to production.
Not sure of the price yet but they'll be a good deal for all.

GARY
08-03-10, 08:11 PM
Great stuff, just have to work out how to fit them then,
cheers Gary.

KevinW
09-03-10, 07:06 AM
Hi KevW, would that be the full bilng variety? or something else?. :D

polished stainless please.

GARY
24-03-10, 10:24 PM
Hi Kev,
how is your friend getting on with the quick jack brackets,
Gary.

kdavies3
25-03-10, 02:16 PM
Hi Gary et al,
We've made a couple of prototype parts in mild steel so far just check the bend s are correct etc.
they are looking good so far, with luck we'll have the first production set again mild steel done this weekend. :D
If they come out right (and they should) then we'll be looking to start making in Staimless next week. :D
Until we've finished setting up with tooling and material costs we can't give a final price they'll be a good price.
I'll be fitting the first set to mine of course and then I'll post up some pictures. :D
Besides the guys that have already contacted me I hope to have a few extra sets to take to Stoneleigh. :D

GARY
25-03-10, 07:03 PM
Hi kev,
all sounds good, can`t wait to see the pics when you have the first set fitted to your Cobra, let us know how you get on,
thanks Gary.

madjohnny
29-03-10, 04:14 PM
I'd be interested in a set in polished stainless, just depending on the price!

kdavies3
08-04-10, 01:08 PM
OK people, the time is fast approaching when the quick jack brackets will be available. :)
here are a couple of pictures of the first off ones (in mild steel), these have not been fettled or cleaned yet so.
We hope to be doing stainless ones next week. :-D
I'm still negotiating the material and tooling costs but early indications are that the price for polished stainless (304) ones will be circa 120 per set, plus postage and packing.
We can also supply 10mm stainless threaded bar, stainless tube and polished stainless dome nuts if required. :-D at the right price of course. :cool:

Should anyone eklse want any in MS we can do them but obviously they are just as much work to make even if the material is cheaper. That said they are obviously cheaper than SS.

GARY
08-04-10, 02:47 PM
Hi Kev,
they look very neat, have you fitted the 1st set on your Cobra,should post a pic or 2 if fitted them, i bet they look the biz.
Anyway i will be wanting a set of you for mine, if you could let me know how much for the 10mm stainless threaded bar, stainless tube, polished stainless dome nuts and postage will be we can get down to business,
Gary.

bobby g
13-04-10, 02:03 PM
Hi Kev,

I'll take a set (assuming you've got some left!). I'll be at Stoneleigh on Sunday - is that the day you'll be there? I'd also be interested in a "fitting kit" if you have that available by then as well.

Cheers - Rob

kdavies3
13-04-10, 09:32 PM
Hi Rob,
That's fine I'll be at Stoneleigh on the Sunday for sure. :p

I hope to have a few sets spare with me. :D

GARY
14-04-10, 12:04 PM
Hi Kev,
sounds like your up and running with the brackets, if you are ready to work out a price for a set of stainless ones with the connecting rods and stainless dome nuts, plus postage i can arrange payment,
thanks Gary.

kdavies3
14-04-10, 12:30 PM
Hi Gary, I hope to start producing the stainess ones this week.
The Mild Steel ones look great.
The first set of those will be on there way to Italy soon. :D
Do you know how long your threaded bars need to be as they will vary from model to model.
My intention with those will be to supply them over length so you can trim them to the correct length for your needs.
Dax I know about. :D

bobby g
14-04-10, 01:34 PM
Hi Kev - I don't know what length studding I would need for mine (an AK) so I would take over length studs and tubes.

Cheers - Rob

GARY
14-04-10, 09:23 PM
Hi Kev,
regarding the lengths of the 10mm rods and tubing, if ok will do some measuring tomorrow and let you know if ok, i would of said roughly 5inch on front, maybe 4inch on the back,will check and let you know,
Gary.

kdavies3
14-04-10, 09:29 PM
No probs Gary.

GARY
17-04-10, 09:01 AM
Hi Kev,
sorry i did`nt get chance to measure up what length of the 10mm bolts i need for the brackets the other night, had a small emergency with our cat.
Anyway i have since found out we have lengths of it in the fitting section at work so i`am ok for that but still would like the stainless dome nuts , and sleeve to go over the bollts, let us know how things are getting on,
thanks Gary.

madjohnny
28-04-10, 07:32 PM
Any sign yet Kev??

kdavies3
28-04-10, 08:00 PM
Hi all,
I will have the first set of polished stainless ones on my car on Sunday at Stoneleigh.
Unfortunately due to an unfortunate incident involving the CAD man (don't ask) :confused:
We've lost some time, I'd hoped to have a batch of the stainless ones done and available at Stoneleigh but it looks unlikely, but they'll be ready hopefully next week. :)
I do have a couple of sets of Mild Steel ones available if anyone wants a set to paint or powder coat.
I also have fitting kits available including stainless tube, 10mm threaded bar, stainless dome nuts etc.
Just need to know what length you require as I'm sure different kits will require different lengths.

madjohnny
28-04-10, 09:57 PM
Kev, I assume the original Dax kit was M10 so ok for threaded bar and tubing but will need some dome nuts.

GARY
28-04-10, 10:29 PM
Hi Kev,
hope it has`nt been to much of a problem getting them ready, i had thought about the mild steel one`s and then powder coating them, but will stick with the stainless one`s. I can get the 10mm threaded rod from the fitting section at work but would still like the dome nuts of you if ok,cheers Gary.

GARY
28-04-10, 10:31 PM
Hi Kev,
can i have the sleeving as well, to go over the rods,
Gary.

kdavies3
29-04-10, 01:01 PM
Sleeving and dome nuts no problem where required. :)
Yes the original Dax nudge bar mountings are M10. :)

I'm seriously reconsidering my trip to Stoneleigh at the moment, have you seen the forecast for Sunday EEK! :mad:

GARY
08-05-10, 12:03 AM
Hi Kev,
how are things going with the quick jack brackets,
Gary.

kdavies3
08-05-10, 12:09 PM
Hi Gary,
They are going well, I hope to be bolting the fist set of polished stainless ones to my car later today. :)
We've just been tweeking the design to get them perfect.
A lot of work goes into them.
I'll post up some pics soon of them fitted.

If anyones interested. We do have a couple of sets in mild steel which were made as prototypes but they're super too. Ideal for painting or powder coating the colour of you choice.
They will be £80 per set.

The Stainless ones are going to be £125 per set plus P&P.
I can also supply the stainless tube, threaded bar and dome nuts etc. if required.

GARY
08-05-10, 01:52 PM
Thanks for your reply,
look forward to seeing the finished pics,sure they`ll look great, then as soon as your ready i`ll sort out with you the purchase of a set of stainless one`s.As i mentioned i have access to the rod through work, but would need the 4 x 10mm stainless dome nuts and lenthsof the sleeving to go over the rods, looking about 5inch front and 4inch at back,so good luck fitting yours,
Gary.

GARY
26-05-10, 10:50 PM
Hi Kev,
how are the stainless quick lift pads coming along, any nearer to completion yet,
Gary.

kdavies3
27-05-10, 10:47 AM
Hi Garry,
I hope to have the first few sets in the next few days. :D
unfortunately my buddy Steve who most of the engineering ahs been bery busy with the day job, and also had a bump in his motor at the weekend. :(
I have several people chasing me yourself included. :D
I'll let you know when they're ready, you won't be dissapointed, I love the look of them on my car. :D

GARY
27-05-10, 12:03 PM
Hi Kev,
sorry to hear about your friends bump,but no worries on when ready,worth waiting for, and they do look great on yours,cheers,
Gary.

bobby g
28-06-10, 07:25 PM
Hi Kev - got the quick lifts today, they're stunning, I hope the car looks good enough to do them justice - thanks very much.

Cheers - Rob

GARY
29-06-10, 08:50 PM
Hi Kev,
just like to say thanks for the Quick lift jack pads, i got them today as the postman could`nt get them in the letter box yesterday, so had to re-deliver them today.
The workmanship on them is excellent, i`m very impressed, and can`t wait to fit them on the Cobra, and all well packed too.
I can see my my SRV8 taking shape to what i envisioned my ideal Cobra to look like, i still have a few more things i want to do, like sidepipes back on,
like when it was 1st built, and i woud`nt mind stainless rear arch covers.
Anyway i don`t suppose you friend has any plans for making them because a few of us would have them of him, looking at the workmanship of the jack pads,
Well once again thanks, i`ll post some pics as soon as i have them fitted on the car,
cheers,
Gary.

kdavies3
30-06-10, 04:32 PM
Cheers Gary,
we've looked at wheel arch covers but the tooling would be v expensive but if enough people wanted them it might be a goer.
Steve does all sorts of bespoke ally and stainless bits and pieces to order.
If anyone wants anything PM me with a drawing or sketch and I'll get a price. :D

I have more quick jacks available at the moment so if anyone wants a set let me know, I can supply a couple of sets per week ish, there's a lot of work in them. :rolleyes:

Any of you guys who showed an interest earlier in the thread PM to get to the front of the queue.

GARY
30-06-10, 07:25 PM
Hi Kev,
do you know the best place to get the grommets for the lifting brackets, i`m not sure if basic ones will do and i don`t want to spoil the look of the lifting brackets when fitted to the car,
Gary.

GARY
11-07-10, 11:46 PM
Hi Kev,
i have finally just finished fitting the Jack Pads and they look great, i`ll attach some pics,
gary.

kdavies3
13-07-10, 12:00 PM
Glad you like them (knew you would) :D

For anyone that wants them I have a couple of sets available at the moment. PM me if interested. :p

kdavies3
13-08-10, 10:47 AM
Hi all,
seven sets now gone to happy owners, please keep the orders coming and I'll kick off another batch. :D
I have PM'd the guys that have already contacted me. :D
We have several sets available soon. :-P that just need finishing, that's the hard part. :rolleyes:

kdavies3
02-11-10, 06:38 PM
Hi Folks.
Just a quickie to say that I have a set of Polished stainless quick jacks available to ship right now. :D

Go on treat your Cobra to an early Xmas present. :lol:

I have several sets that just need polishing so more available very soon. :rolleyes:

KevinW
17-11-10, 06:57 AM
are these still available, and can you tell me how much for polished stainless, with the studding and nuts and P&P?

have you got a private email address you can email me - might be getting them as a xmas pressie ;)

kdavies3
17-11-10, 07:40 AM
Hi Kevin,
you have a PM. :D

KevinW
04-01-11, 01:41 PM
Hi all,
seven sets now gone to happy owners, please keep the orders coming and I'll kick off

.... make that 8! - great chistmas present ;)

kdavies3
04-01-11, 01:43 PM
Glad you like them Kev, I knew you would. :)
More available to order folks.:p

SimP
27-01-11, 08:06 PM
My pads have arrived and they look fabulous. There's a lot of material and work (not to mention polishing) that's gone into them.

kdavies3
28-01-11, 07:37 AM
Thanks Simeon, and welcome to the forum. :D

More Quick Jack Pads available to order folks. ;-)

Any other odd stainless or ally requirements, escutcheon plates etc, could be made to order too, just give me a drawing and I'll get you a price. :rolleyes:

SIE 75
08-04-11, 06:34 PM
Hi Kev

Pads arrived yesterday and their top notch - many thanks :D

Si

kdavies3
11-04-11, 03:50 PM
I think I need to start my next batch. :D
Sold about 15 sets now all happy customers. ;)

If anyone else is after a set PM me please. :p

kdavies3
18-07-11, 09:08 AM
Hi all,
Just a bump of this thread to let you know that I have a couple sets of polished "Quick Jack Brackets" available right now. :D
If anyone wants a set let me know they're 140 GBP plus 10 quid postage.
If anyone wants a set and is going to Silverstone you can save the postage, I'll be there all weekend.
I can also offer a fitting for 30 GBP (stainless tube, nuts, threaded bar etc, all in stainless). :p

Lloyd Barnes
18-07-11, 11:11 AM
I've also recently received a set of these. The quality is spot on, well worth the cash.

kdavies3
18-07-11, 08:09 PM
Thanks Lloyd.:D

kdavies3
22-04-12, 10:56 AM
Hi All,
Just to give this a bump.
I already have a couple of sets on order for delivery at Stoneleigh.
I will also have a couple of sets spare at Stoneleigh so if anyone wants to put their name on a set get in now.
They are £140 per set at the show. Saving you a tenner on delivery. :D

Mwalker56
15-03-16, 08:02 AM
Hi Kev,
I don't suppose you've got any of these left?
I've just spoken to Cris at Brasscraft and he doesn't make the jacks anymore, so you may want to set up the production line!

Regards,
Mike

kdavies3
16-03-16, 07:43 AM
Hi Mike, i don't currently have any.
i'd need to contact my manufacturer. it wouls take a while i suspect.
It's worth a call to Dave Brookes at DB Replicas.

Mwalker56
16-03-16, 08:11 PM
Thanks Kev

BLOKE
20-03-16, 01:07 PM
I am waiting to see witch way round people fit them, it will open the old discussion of a few years ago, if you fit them with flat face outwards it fits the profile of the body, and would take the weight of the car ( on the originals) but most owners fit with the profile outwards as they look better.
Frank Dowsett. BLOKE.

aaronjb
21-03-16, 10:02 AM
If facing inwards the jack beam would crush the oil cooler scoop before it ever made contact with the quicklifts, no? So on a 289 the correct orientation is inward, on a 427 S/C the orientation is outward to miss the additional nose opening.

IIRC, etc.