PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel options

nelsonvet
26-02-10, 10:26 AM
I have a sumo 2b (granada back end cortina front.)
What steering wheel options have other people used as my rubber one from donor granny lets the leather etc interior down.
Looked at moto lita but seem dear!
Cheers

robinj66
26-02-10, 01:13 PM
I fitted a Momo millenium - not to everyone's tatstes but you did ask:D

The problem was finding a boss to fit the column.

steve_h
26-02-10, 02:11 PM
I picked up a wheel at Exeter 13 inch semi dished which had the same mounting hole pattern as a mota lita made in usa at 70, also got sun visors from them (blue no holes) 8 and some fittings from brass craft

got a motalita boss and it fitted perfect.

they may be at the shows this year

will take a photo when I get home

Steve

andicole0
26-02-10, 02:59 PM
I fitted a Momo millenium - not to everyone's tatstes but you did ask:D

The problem was finding a boss to fit the column.

Ooh! I dunno :D

Andi.

Greg
26-02-10, 08:42 PM
I used to have a Mountney wood and metal steering wheel on my Mk2 before upgrading to a mota lita. It was similar in design to the S29 Triumph Spitfire wheel with a six hole boss suitable for the Granada splined column. Its still in the garage, if your interested ping me your email address and I'll send you a photo. Its obviously a limited market for Mk2 Grannies / sumo's so the price would be a bargain compared to the mota one's, which inclusive of a boss would be aroung the £150 mark.

Greg

robinj66
26-02-10, 09:50 PM
Ooh! I dunno :D

Andi.

Nice one Andi - always said you were a man of excellent taste (I even spelt it right this time:? )

alexandervdr
13-03-10, 04:00 PM
I wanted a Moto Lita (needed a vintage looking one but at small 13 inch), and tried to find out what boss to use. None of the distributors I tried were able to tell me precisely. They asked me what year my steering column was, but I did'nt know. Even sending them pictures of the column ends did not help..
Till I contacted Moto directly via their site. It took them too some mails back and forth with very precise questions, answers back and picture taking. But process was smooth and quick. I have it now ordered and should be here in 2 weeks or so. I am not discouraging you to buy from the usual suspects, just saying that when it is getting a bit complicated, Moto does the job! It's not surprising after all that those who make the stuff have the best answers