PDA

View Full Version : MEET reminder

dave.n
26-02-10, 11:25 AM
Hopefully the weather may be with us this sunday.
Maybe talk about Detling show and Crystal Palace event.:p

FOURTH Sunday of the month.

From 12:00 midday at the :-
The Grasshopper Inn,
On the A25,
nr Westerham,
Kent.
TN16 2EU

SECOND Wednesday of the month.

From 19:30 in the evening :-
Newnham Court Inn
Nr Jctn 7 on M20
Newnham Ct
Bearsted Rd,
Weavering,
Maidstone,
ME14 5LH

steve_h
26-02-10, 01:01 PM
hope to be there

BBC weather says build an ark

Steve

steveym
26-02-10, 08:29 PM
Car's off the road still :-( maybe next time...

Purple AK
26-02-10, 09:51 PM
Not had a dry day to get an MOT since it ran out in October!! With only 5 weeks to Detling I need to crack on with the "other project" :D Give my love to JP ;)

greenwood03
27-02-10, 09:24 AM
Dave, dont want to hijack your thread reminder and go too far off topic,.....could you take a straw poll to see if anyone is interested in that idea of a meet on the way to Detling? I'm in discussion with 7 Indulgence with a view to them opening their workshops and providing brekkie rolls etc with poss the chance for some folks to pop their cars on the ramps to have a quick check underneath.......to do this I need an idea that there is some real interest. timing would be as mentioned in orig post, get there (10 mins wrotham exit m26) 10.30, leave 11.30-12.00 to run over to the show.

dave.n
28-02-10, 09:13 AM
Dave, dont want to hijack your thread reminder and go too far off topic,.....could you take a straw poll to see if anyone is interested in that idea of a meet on the way to Detling? I'm in discussion with 7 Indulgence with a view to them opening their workshops and providing brekkie rolls etc with poss the chance for some folks to pop their cars on the ramps to have a quick check underneath.......to do this I need an idea that there is some real interest. timing would be as mentioned in orig post, get there (10 mins wrotham exit m26) 10.30, leave 11.30-12.00 to run over to the show.

Mark
great idea.
Have you already spoken to John / Graham.

NOT GOING TO MEET IT'S PI55ING DOWN.:(:(

andicole0
28-02-10, 10:17 AM
Mark
great idea.
Have you already spoken to John / Graham.

NOT GOING TO MEET IT'S PI55ING DOWN.:(:(

Really? It's gorgeous here, if you're a duck :rolleyes: Gutters are all overflowing I'll have to get out and clear some shortly. Maybe next month or maybe we'll have to arrange an extra ordinary meet if we get a good Sunday?

Andi.

greenwood03
28-02-10, 11:20 AM
Dave....
Yep discussion underway, Jon away til midweek and obviously they both need to be up for it - but in principle it's looking very likely. I'll know by end of the week. Like all these things if they agree need to make sure that more than 1 man and his dog turns up! So will be back to you guys to get a gauge of interest!!

steve_h
28-02-10, 12:02 PM
how about next sunday(or the next or the next etc until its dry) for a meet and discuss detling,crystal palace,le mans, which local events we are going to support like ravenswood school,bromley pagent or any other S.E events our group would like to put forward?

Just a thought

Steve

dave.n
28-02-10, 07:15 PM
how about next sunday(or the next or the next etc until its dry) for a meet and discuss detling,crystal palace,le mans, which local events we are going to support like ravenswood school,bromley pagent or any other S.E events our group would like to put forward?

Just a thought

Steve

Good idea Steve.
Not sure how I'm fixed for the following weekends yet, but good idea.
The only one of those shows we don't bother with much is the bromley pageant. They have messed us about so much in the past and then tried to charge silly money.

You can always give me a call.
As for organising stuff, feel free, I'm sure people will turn up.
We have ravenswood sussed, crystal palace and detling. le-mans is down to the individual to do as they feel.

:D:D

andicole0
04-03-10, 09:08 AM
Now I'm praying for rain on Sunday, my sister has just come out of hospital after having some pins put in her back!! I'll be visiting on Sunday.

Andi.

greenwood03
06-03-10, 11:15 AM
Hi Chaps, what happened to your idea Steve of the meet tomorrow ( sunday 7th? ).......thought i'd ask as i'll be out and about and wanted to check whether it was worth me planning a route that takes in the G/Hopper on the way home........so is anyone going to be there?

steve_h
06-03-10, 09:58 PM
any one up for it tomorrow?

g/hopper@12-1 o'clock?

any takers

Steve

jason barnes
06-03-10, 10:18 PM
ill be up for it if the weather is alright.car not running to good keeps cutting out when i come off full throttle to a stop maybe some one there who could advise me.

greenwood03
06-03-10, 10:59 PM
I'll be heading back from Newlands Corner, so i'll swing by and see if you chaps are there - prob would be passing 12.30-1pm

phattcontroller
07-03-10, 09:28 AM
I'm down in Kent this week working on my Sumo, so I'll swing by the Grasshopper later so I can meet up with some of the club members:D

Its looking fantastic in Ashford at the moment.

Rich

andicole0
07-03-10, 09:36 AM
Had to go and see my sister yesterday so I'll pop over - nice and sunny here.

Andi.

steve_h
07-03-10, 10:00 AM
see you there 12 to 1pm

Steve

andicole0
07-03-10, 04:35 PM
Bl**dy h*ll, that was cold. The A25 was shut so I took a bit of detour around the M25. Three Cobs a couple 'sevens' and some ramblers were at the Grasshopper. Ramblers not too impressed when the 'sevens' left - we laughed though :cool:

Nice to see some of you guys again and thanks for the shandy. As usual I'm still not remembering everyones name - we need to get club name tags I think.

Nice drive back through the lanes. Followed an F150 for a while that was quite quick. Then Mr 30mph from the village ended up in front :mad:

Andi.

greenwood03
07-03-10, 11:07 PM
Hi Andi/Jason/Steve...
nice to catch up with you......what a cracking day for a run - Andi, you must have thin blood :-) ......cold, try an aersocreen at 07.30! Actually joking apart, that little screen deflects about 90% ( made up number ) of the wind, the only thing that ever gets slightly cold is my right hand.

Ramblers - well, final bit of clear road before hitting Westerham it had to be done......maybe next time we can tempt some of you to join a pre meet run? Had a cracker. Took in Cowfold, Storrington, Petworth, Billingshurst and then up to Newlands Corner on the A25 for coffee/buttie before detouring back via the otskirts of Horsham/E.Grinstead/Edenbridge to catch up with you guys. According to the gauge 168 miles. Pity that having packed 3 different pairs of gloves, sat nav and goodness knows what else i forgot my sunglasses and had to wear the wretched crash hat all day! Doh.

slogger
07-03-10, 11:14 PM
Hi Andi/Jason/Steve...
nice to catch up with you......what a cracking day for a run - Andi, you must have thin blood :-) ......cold, try an aersocreen at 07.30! Actually joking apart, that little screen deflects about 90% ( made up number ) of the wind, the only thing that ever gets slightly cold is my right hand.

Ramblers - well, final bit of clear road before hitting Westerham it had to be done......maybe next time we can tempt some of you to join a pre meet run? Had a cracker. Took in Cowfold, Storrington, Petworth, Billingshurst and then up to Newlands Corner on the A25 for coffee/buttie before detouring back via the otskirts of Horsham/E.Grinstead/Edenbridge to catch up with you guys. According to the gauge 168 miles. Pity that having packed 3 different pairs of gloves, sat nav and goodness knows what else i forgot my sunglasses and had to wear the wretched crash hat all day! Doh.

Sounds like a good run.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: As for the crash hat, you can't look that bad............Can you?! Have you got a 'I am the Sting' Tee Shirt also.;)

greenwood03
07-03-10, 11:49 PM
Oh cheers for that Ian.....
T-Shirt, i have one that read something along those lines. Why do women think they make good gifts? accidently spilt curry on mine first time of wearing and its now a car rag. Seems she's got the message as the furthest she'll go now 'logo' wise is an Englans Rugby shirt.