PDA

View Full Version : Quarterly Post

sssammm
15-03-10, 07:01 PM
As it says, this is the 1st post in 3 months, come on you essex lot!

dave.n
15-03-10, 09:26 PM
As it says, this is the 1st post in 3 months, come on you essex lot!

Hi Sam

Your the man. (take it on)
There isn't an Essex part of the club these days.
Luke passed it on about 18 months ago. There are some of the old crew still meet at the Halfway house under another hat. I'm sure they keep an eye on here as well as the Snaketorque site.
It's about time I came over the water again.:)

Maybe do a pistonheads thing and combine the two areas.

Greg
15-03-10, 10:49 PM
Hi Sam

Luke passed it on about 18 months ago. There are some of the old crew still meet at the Halfway house under another hat. I'm sure they keep an eye on here as well as the Snaketorque site.

Sam knows where we are and how to find us, but as you say Billy its a long time since we saw your face north of the water. Maybe come along to the April meet at the HwH, which is a week later due to the Dax Open Day and Detling on the Easter weekend.

Greg

andyhadi
16-03-10, 09:20 AM
hi guys

when is the next meet and do you all mind if other kits attend as a freind of mine has a 7 copy?

i gonna make an extra hard effort to attend more gatherings this year as i didn't use it much and it need to be driven instead of gathering dust in the garage.

regards

andy.h.

Greg
16-03-10, 05:19 PM
Andy, the next meet is on April 11th at the HWH from 12-3pm. But this is for one month only due to the Detling Show run that we are doing on the 4th. All types are welcome and so are their cars, so feel free to come along and bring anyone else along that fancies the drive out.

Greg

Nigel Foster
18-03-10, 09:24 PM
Hi Sam

Dave , Who did Bilko pass on the baton too?. I have been going to the mmets at the HWH and all seems as b4 !!

Purple AK
18-03-10, 10:08 PM
Dave , Who did Bilko pass on the baton too?. I have been going to the mmets at the HWH and all seems as b4 !!
Lets just say the Baton was dropped! But the race carried on for a different team :rolleyes: ;)

Greg
18-03-10, 11:20 PM
the race carried on for a different team :rolleyes: ;)

Doesn't that just say it all. I thought that we were all one team!

Purple AK
18-03-10, 11:25 PM
Doesn't that just say it all. I thought that we were all one team!So did I :neutral:

sssammm
21-03-10, 08:50 PM
Wheres snaketorque gone?

Nigel Foster
23-03-10, 02:31 PM
dunno , i have been trying to get on it for a little while . I guess that Bilko is the man to ask!!

dave.n
23-03-10, 03:17 PM
Hi Nigel
As Chris said, Luke felt he would rather not do the reps job. He tried to pass it over to Mick who didn't really fancy it. The outcome after a few months was that nobody wanted to take the Essex part of the club forward, hence no Essex cobra club. That's all.

Henceforth most of the guy's over there have now moved on from cobras and the Car meets became all marks/styles. Scott carried on with the website of Snaketorque and still remains a place for car people to go and chat.
The halfway house is still attended with all marks/styles of car made welcome. The guy's organise where and what they want to go to. Some are still CRC members and some are not.

As I said we need somebody to take up the reps post for cobras in that area.
Nobody is saying anything detrimental or otherwise. Maybe form another meet for cobras somewhere.
I will get over the water again soon to see some of my old chums, but I have to be prepared for going so far north might give me a nose bleed.

I know they sneek a look over here sometimes and don't wish any malice, we just need someone to liven-up the cobra scene in that area.:p

Nigel Foster
23-03-10, 11:39 PM
Hi Nigel
As Chris said, Luke felt he would rather not do the reps job. He tried to pass it over to Mick who didn't really fancy it. The outcome after a few months was that nobody wanted to take the Essex part of the club forward, hence no Essex cobra club. That's all.

Henceforth most of the guy's over there have now moved on from cobras and the Car meets became all marks/styles. Scott carried on with the website of Snaketorque and still remains a place for car people to go and chat.
The halfway house is still attended with all marks/styles of car made welcome. The guy's organise where and what they want to go to. Some are still CRC members and some are not.

As I said we need somebody to take up the reps post for cobras in that area.
Nobody is saying anything detrimental or otherwise. Maybe form another meet for cobras somewhere.
I will get over the water again soon to see some of my old chums, but I have to be prepared for going so far north might give me a nose bleed.

I know they sneek a look over here sometimes and don't wish any malice, we just need someone to liven-up the cobra scene in that area.:p

Hi Dave , Thanks for coming back .Snaketorque website is down and unaccessible.
Dissappointed about about the loss of the Essex Cobra Chapter!! How can we and what is required to kickstart some life into it again? Sorry to Niave!!

dave.n
23-03-10, 11:51 PM
Yes the snaketorque site will be out of action for a bit. I had a natter with Luke today as it happens.
I wouldn't put it as a total loss of the Essex chapter, there are quite a few cobras in essex just a diversion of direction for a few.
Feel free to give me a call and I'll tell you what is required and anyway it's good to natter. There are not many 'hard and fast' rules, but to be a rep you do need to be a CRC member. I'll PM you my number.
Chris (purple AK) is the rep liason officer of the club and if you can't get hold of me he can give you an insite.

AC427
30-04-10, 09:01 AM
Snaketorque has a new site:

www.snaketalk.co.uk (http://www.snaketalk.co.uk/)

jonny427
19-09-10, 02:25 PM
Ok here goes, after building my Ram sc, then meeting the wife, having kids, paying the mortgage, I am now making a concerted effort to finish the car. This does mean that I will be starting from scratch to complete it for 2012 Le Mans Classic. I'm in Billericay if anyone wishes to help!!

numbnuts
14-11-10, 08:58 PM
Hello Jonny - if you need any help give me a call or see us at the Halfway House meets every first Sunday of the month - i'll try and pm you !