PDA

View Full Version : Jag build wheels

neil50
16-03-10, 04:31 PM
In need of some jag build wheels. I move house in 4 weeks and need to get the chassis built up to at least take wheels so i can hire a car trailer and move it down to chepstow.

Would be appreciative if anyone can help, even if you need the wheels back after my move.

Thanks

KevinW
16-03-10, 06:13 PM
ebay is your friend.
mine cost £60, 30 min drive to pickem up, and plenty of tread, so will eventually be sold on.

Russ-Notts
16-03-10, 06:58 PM
I have two jag XJ wheels with tyres and will have two XJ steel rims (minus tyres) which I was going to put on ebay very soon. I may be able to sort some old tyres out for the two rims??
I'm up in Nottingham so unfortunately not that local to you but if you can't find any nearer to you then let me know.

Russ.

TonyD
16-03-10, 08:43 PM
Neil,

if all else fails get a sheet of 22mm shuttering plywood and jigsaw some circles out of it, drill holes at centres to match jag hubs et voila..... some wooden wheels.

It will make the chassis mobile although it will look a bit comical and will not be IVA legal.

Cheers,

Tony

MarkyC
16-03-10, 08:47 PM
Neil I have a set you are welcome to, you would need to collect them from High Wycombe.

neil50
25-03-10, 12:21 PM
Thanks for all the offers, greatly appreciated.

I now have a set, thanks Tim.

I can at least now get the rolling chassis onto a car trailer when i move in a couple of weeks.