PDA

View Full Version : suspension

john hynd
20-03-10, 05:23 PM
Hi my pilgrim cobra has spax coilovers which are set at firm,I have 225 ,60 ,15 tyres .The cobra skips over the road well feels bouncy ,will this be down to the high profile tyres or maybe the suspension set up any ideas cheers

steve_h
24-03-10, 10:01 PM
Try setting the shocks half way between soft and firm and the adjusting firmer from there

I am still trying to find my happy comprimise fronts are set harder than the rears, if you are happy with the front, leave it and just play with the rear

have you done all the "pete sidecarbod" adjustments?

steve

Purple AK
24-03-10, 11:23 PM
Hi my pilgrim cobra has spax coilovers which are set at firm,I have 225 ,60 ,15 tyres .The cobra skips over the road well feels bouncy ,will this be down to the high profile tyres or maybe the suspension set up any ideas cheersI'd set the shocks to less than Steve said, maybe a 1/3 up from soft. Adjust the tyre pressures to 20 front and rear, and then stiffen the shocks untill you start to feel harshness/tyre bounce. Then back the shocks off two clicks towards soft. Against popular belief! A Hard Ride isn't always a Good Ride ;)

Happy Jim
24-03-10, 11:48 PM
I'm with Chris on this, hard rides are just crap all round! Go bounce your tin top car on one corner (lean on one wing and get a good bounce going), once you stop bouncing it the oscilation will stop after about 1.5 cycles - there or thereabouts is a good starting point for your Cob. I've never had exact matches on my shocks, ie 3 clicks on one does not equal 3 clicks on another - hence I set mine up by bounce feel - probably not scientific but it works nicely ;)

Rgds

Jim