PDA

View Full Version : Next North Wales Meet ?

Sion G WelshV8
28-04-10, 09:46 PM
Any idea when the next meet is?

I am hoping to get pass the MOT tomorrow and am crossing everything as there are a few things that are close to the line but there are only so many hours in the day.

In anticipation of passing anyone about this Monday in the Snowdonia area??

MAd for it :cool:

Lloyd Barnes
29-04-10, 10:21 AM
not had the email yet from Graham. I can pm you his number if you wanted to check

Sion G WelshV8
30-04-10, 07:27 PM
YYYAHHHHHHHWWWWWWWW ! Wheels are back on the road and boy was it fun driving it on the road again.....after looking at the old MOT documents i could not believe it was over two years since I last had it road legal.

Anyway Back on the road now - fantastic however only problem is the weather - anyone got a magic wand???

Sion G WelshV8
30-04-10, 10:57 PM
Yes, can you send me his number please.

Cheers

MrHappy
30-04-10, 10:57 PM
YYYAHHHHHHHWWWWWWWW !

Anyway Back on the road now - fantastic however only problem is the weather - anyone got a magic wand???

My wife says yes, but she doesn't want me waving it about round here. Might give folk the wrong idea with all the sheep about;)

If you decide to have a drive out and fancy heading south I'd be keen (as may some others from south/mid Wales) to head northwards...

Cheers,

Jason.

Sion G WelshV8
30-04-10, 11:03 PM
Sounds like a possibility - where abouts you based Jason?

It will be the first time i take her out on the road since she has been mothballed for last few years (car not the wife.....then again?!?!?) so could do with a local(ish) first run to stretch her legs.

Let me know

MrHappy
30-04-10, 11:07 PM
Sounds like a possibility - where abouts you based Jason?

It will be the first time i take her out on the road since she has been mothballed for last few years (car not the wife.....then again?!?!?) so could do with a local(ish) first run to stretch her legs.

Let me know

Just outside of Lampeter. I think there's another CRC member in Lampeter also, plus Rowly who is nearer to Carmarthen.

Sion G WelshV8
30-04-10, 11:14 PM
Half way could be a possibility - what do you reckon?

Machynlleth or Aberystwyth. Monday?

Will try to run her out this Sunday afternoon to see if everyhting is ok. Would love to catch up with some other cars for a run. No idea what the weather promises though?

MrHappy
30-04-10, 11:49 PM
Half way could be a possibility - what do you reckon?

Machynlleth or Aberystwyth. Monday?

Will try to run her out this Sunday afternoon to see if everyhting is ok. Would love to catch up with some other cars for a run. No idea what the weather promises though?

I'll check www.netweather.tv (http://www.netweather.tv) tomorrow. This site has been spot on for my location 99.9% of the time.

I've not been to the beach at Borth, north of Aberystwyth, and there's a pub on the beach from what I've been told:D

slimy999
01-05-10, 12:19 AM
I'll check www.netweather.tv (http://www.netweather.tv) tomorrow. This site has been spot on for my location 99.9% of the time.

I've not been to the beach at Borth, north of Aberystwyth, and there's a pub on the beach from what I've been told:D

Best pub on the coast that area ish is the Last Inn, Barmouth, great food, beer, etc and right on the harbour................

Simon:D

Sion G WelshV8
01-05-10, 10:04 AM
That sounds fantastic to me - I'm sure we could round up a few of us to make a good outing.

Please post who's up for it and shall we aim for early afternoon meet so we can grab late lunch??

MrHappy
01-05-10, 11:06 AM
Weather and Mrs dependant (don't know if anything else is in the diary) I'm keen.:)

MrHappy
02-05-10, 05:00 PM
Well, the Mrs and social diary say 'yes', but Mother Nature says 'no'. Rain forecast for both my location and up your way, incl Aberystwyth. :(

As a positive aside I'll have more time to polish the rims on the Cobra. :)

If you head out and keep it more north, have a great time.

Cheers,

Jason.

Sion G WelshV8
02-05-10, 06:11 PM
With the Mrs and the Social Diary open then it be a shame to miss out!

Met Office forecast does not look to bad - give me a shout tomorrow if things appear better your neck of the woods. Took her out for a quick snarl today and boy was it nice to get a quick run out - did think about polishing but driving is more fun!

Nice video by the way.

Take care for now.

MrHappy
02-05-10, 08:59 PM
With the Mrs and the Social Diary open then it be a shame to miss out!

Met Office forecast does not look to bad - give me a shout tomorrow if things appear better your neck of the woods. Took her out for a quick snarl today and boy was it nice to get a quick run out - did think about polishing but driving is more fun!

Nice video by the way.

Take care for now.

:lol::lol::lol:

I may stay in the bedroom all day!

I'll keep an eye out for the weather forecast in the morning. I normally fall out of bed @ circa 8.30am so I'll PM you pre 9.00am, unless it is persisting down and the Mrs is open:-D

Which video, btw?

Cheers,

Jason.

Sion G WelshV8
02-05-10, 09:36 PM
Sounds fine - May be in work first thing (unless as you say the missus is open but i doubt it!! so send me a text either way.

Speak later

MrHappy
03-05-10, 09:26 AM
OK, it's on, as is the sunshine. :)

We'll meet at The Last Inn, Barmouth at circa 1.30pm - late luch time.

Anyone else? Or are you all too knackered from the drive to the show and back?

Cheers,

Jason.

Sion G WelshV8
03-05-10, 09:42 AM
The Last Inn

Church Street, Barmouth, LL42 1EL

1.30 Pm Today if anyne else is up for it.

Rowly
04-05-10, 01:54 PM
Sorry I missed that,
I was still recovering yesterday from the 380 mile round trip to Stoneleigh.
maybe next time
Cheers all