PDA

View Full Version : stainless rear arches

GARY
08-05-10, 01:15 AM
Hi all, anybody know where the best place to get a set of stainless rear arches from as i have noticed a lot of stone chips on the paint work at the rear arches, Gary.

Dave Court
08-05-10, 09:13 AM
Hi I have the same issue, I had a look around at stonleigh with no success, I am going to try helicoptor tape as I have seen this on other cars to protect the paint in vunerable areas

GARY
08-05-10, 02:56 PM
Hi Dave,
i`ve not heard of Helicopter tape, thing with mine is it came with a lot of chips on it so would need a lot of stone chip paint, and i think the stainless arch covers can look nice, so i may opt for that.I think i will make a couple of silver templates up out of paper or card and see what it will look like on mine,
cheers Gary.

Stevednorris
08-05-10, 03:57 PM
I'd be careful putting helicopter blade tape on a paint finish. The adhesive is very strong and may take the paint off if you remove it.

iancobrafan
08-05-10, 06:35 PM
I was at AK last week and they are expecting some stainless steel ones being delivered soon

ian

jwyatt
16-05-10, 08:59 PM
i understand all kit are not the same , i have a an S R V 8 and require a pair however only magwick ones will do , when i have enquired to them they say that they need to have orders for 10 pairs prior to getting them manufactured

GARY
16-05-10, 10:55 PM
Hi Jwyatt,
i would like a set for my Southern, if we can get enough of us interested, we may get them at a good price,keep me imformed,
Gary.

nealgs
16-05-10, 11:26 PM
I could be interested in some for our SRV8 - obviously depending on cost :)

Gary