PDA

View Full Version : Self centering

bloke from stoke
22-05-10, 06:11 PM
Hi Chaps, just been up the road to see a mate of a mate, who has nearly finished a Viper (Cobretti ?). He doesn't post on hear but I think he has visited.

He has his IVA booked for next tuesday, but is having trouble with self centering can any one advise a fix, so that I can pass it on.

Plus any one know of any common fails on this model

Regards Lester:)

Deck
15-06-10, 06:34 PM
HI Lester
Have been offline for a while so didn't see the post until now. I don't know if any have been put through an IVA yet! How did he get on with the test and do you know what year his car was made?
Cheers

bloke from stoke
15-06-10, 08:11 PM
HI Lester
Have been offline for a while so didn't see the post until now. I don't know if any have been put through an IVA yet! How did he get on with the test and do you know what year his car was made?
Cheers

Hi Declan I have not seen him since but have heard he has a big list. I will try and get said list and post it up.

I think his main problems were, he was building an abandoned kit he bought of Flea Bay, he was building alone without the help of this forum, SVA when he started IVA when ready for test. Plus he's a bit of a mad bugger:p:p by all accounts (he is a new pal via Cob inspired kit cars;))

He comes from RV8 stock car racing family so the engine should be good:p:p but it was loud when i heard it last

Will post when I have the info

Kind regards Lester

Deck
15-06-10, 08:34 PM
Hi Declan I have not seen him since but have heard he has a big list. I will try and get said list and post it up.

I think his main problems were, he was building an abandoned kit he bought of Flea Bay, he was building alone without the help of this forum, SVA when he started IVA when ready for test. Plus he's a bit of a mad bugger:p:p by all accounts

OK Lester
Funny but I'm sure I've seen that exact description used about me!!

That's exactly my position anyway so would be good to know what's coming...
Cheers

bloke from stoke
15-06-10, 08:58 PM
Ok Declan I'm on it, just put a call in to the mate who introduced us, after he has "had his spuds":p he is going to tell him to phone me, so should be able to post some bits up over the next few days.

Kind regards Lester

Deck
03-08-10, 05:59 PM
Hi Lester
Did you get any feedback on the test results of the aforementioned Viper?

Not really much closer to the test myself since I was last on but got a couple of tins
of Hammerite and have been going over the bits of chassis that are Really orange!!

Its slow going you know...

Cheers

bloke from stoke
03-08-10, 06:40 PM
Hi Declan, Rob seems to have gone under ground since the IVA test:confused:, I have tried to contact him, but no luck.

I will try again soon, as I said before he is a pal of a pal so don't want to pester him

Kind regards, Lester

bloke from stoke
20-08-10, 10:13 PM
Hi Declan, Rob seems to have gone under ground since the IVA test:confused:, I have tried to contact him, but no luck.

I will try again soon, as I said before he is a pal of a pal so don't want to pester him

Kind regards, Lester

Update for Declan, sorry mate I have now been informed that Clarkey has now sold said Viper:(, do not know if it was IVA'd or not:confused:, so sorry no help to you:(

Kind regards Lester