PDA

View Full Version : fastco

stevey
24-05-10, 01:19 PM
Hi everyone
I thought I might get some attention if I typed that name in the headline!
the gentleman has popped up on the wild bunch drag racing forum and is selling engines etc, I did post a warning based on folks experience detailed here I got the usual retoric from the chap. If you are interested pop over to their forum and if you can spot it there is even a satisified customer!
I will leave it in your hands
Steve

wilf
24-05-10, 01:39 PM
Can't be ar*ed.

The man is a con-artist by repute and deed. And not even worth a couple more keystrokes.

cobracol
24-05-10, 04:23 PM
Satisfied Customer eh!, they should have him stuffed! Thanks for sending out the warning Steve, it could save someone a lot of money!

cobraite
24-05-10, 04:53 PM
there must be a lot of Fastco customers out there - Dave Brooks was sourcing from him during 2005 and maybe even 2004 before he switched over to Mike Huddart. I had a Fastco engine in my 05 Dax.

cobracol
24-05-10, 04:54 PM
Yes Steve i see you got the usual Bullsxxt in return for your warning, hope you posted a link to ours, my pics are still in my gallery and will remain there as a warning to all!

dave
24-05-10, 05:26 PM
there must be a lot of Fastco customers out there - Dave Brooks was sourcing from him during 2005 and maybe even 2004 before he switched over to Mike Huddart. I had a Fastco engine in my 05 Dax.

Hi Andrew.
Good to see you haven't left us altogether. :D
Your engine did require some surgery before it would do what it said on the tin though. Leaking sump, wrong valve springs, wrong rocker posts (Dangerously too short so that the lock nuts were only on by 2 turns). Major valve bounce issue. And all your fault according to Fastco when questioned about the wrong parts being fitted.:(:(
At least he's 3000 miles away. Unfortunately so is any Fastco warranty.:confused::confused:;)

cobraite
24-05-10, 06:08 PM
yep still out here Dave. Yes my enginei did cause us (well you more than me) a few headaches trying to find out why it only reved to 5000rpm! And that loose rocker almost caused a lot more serious damage. Still its gone t a new home now!

cobraite
24-05-10, 06:10 PM
Yes Steve i see you got the usual Bullsxxt in return for your warning, hope you posted a link to ours, my pics are still in my gallery and will remain there as a warning to all!
If you're referring to my comment, please explain what part of it is BullsXXt? Its purely factual, 100% bullsxxt free.

wilf
24-05-10, 07:32 PM
I don't think he was referring to your comment, but the BS that almost certainly ensued from Fastco in response to it..........

stevey
24-05-10, 08:06 PM
my internet skill are limited but most can find their way round:) I raced for many years and know some of those guys personally and I know how hard they work to afford their hobby without vultures preying on their hard earned cash. as for his BS? I am pretty relaxed about it:cool:

Purple AK
24-05-10, 08:47 PM
Nothing wrong with the occasional bump to keep the name alive and save someone from wasting their hard earned :roll: ;) I reckon the 30 or so people I know of who have been caught by him! Have lost the best part of 120k collectively! :(

cobracol
25-05-10, 12:30 PM
Sorry Cobrite, as as wilf pointed out the comment was not aimed at you, Sorry for any confusion, i did try to add my own comments to the website, but could'nt perhaps just as well!, i think my feelings on the subject are pretty well known

cobracol
25-05-10, 04:40 PM
Ok warning issued!

santa pod
26-05-10, 03:05 PM
Very nice of your member to say i need stuffing.
my own dealings with fastco have always been good and my comments are as i see them and using a fastco engine, I have no other dealings with fastco IE: not related or a agent for them.
We had a complete big block from daryl and was fitted straight into the cobra with only rear axle gear changes required.
We then used this engine for 3 years and was reliable with not one problem.
Yes it dropped a valve in the end but, I see a lot of blown engines at the track due to a valve dropping so i cant blame fastco for that
The cobra ran consistent times with fastco's engine running down to 8.22 on the quarter mile track at around 150-60 mph.
Please remember these are my comments only.
I also crewed for a team that had an engine built by a company in this country and it was the biggest bag of crap going.
So not every one is perfect.
You can come anytime and speak to us at the track in super pro et with the green cobra if you wish, we have nothing to gain or hide.
As for stuffing me, well your entitled to your opinion,But i speak as i find and you do not know me so what you are saying is you dont like me because i did not have a problem with fastco, a very sad comment.
If you had problems with fastco then i am sorry as i know the cost's involved with motor sport are high, but please remember there are a lot of his engines over hear that have not had problems, I know, i see them reguarly at the track.
Tony D

wilf
26-05-10, 03:35 PM
Tony - welcome.

I suspect you have been very lucky with your dealings with Fastcrap. Or it could be that he delivers a slightly better grade of engine to you drag racing boys than the total and utter crap he gave to some of we mere cobra replica fans.

There have been many many documented examples of piss poor engines and downright fraudulent misrepresentation from Fastco in our "world".

The heat on Daryl built up until he abandoned this market sector (thank God) and headed off in search of other poor unsuspecting basturds. Were he to show his face at any of our shows now I suspect there would be a queue of people wanting to rearrange his teeth.

All I can say is "Beware" and never ever recommend him to others as it will rebound upon your head. Leopards and their spots...........and this particular Leopard brings BS to a whole new level, unsurpassed anywhere else except perhaps in politics.

Good luck with the racing.

Keith_D
26-05-10, 03:59 PM
I help crew for a 9.9 supergasser in my youth, ahh them were the days.

As I recall between races the engine spent more time apart than together what with inspection, oil changes etc etc, had there been any fundamental factory supplied issues, they would have disappeared almost at day one.

Anyway, the hypotheses seems to fit the facts in this case.

cobracol
26-05-10, 04:18 PM
Very nice of your member to say i need stuffing.
my own dealings with fastco have always been good and my comments are as i see them and using a fastco engine, I have no other dealings with fastco IE: not related or a agent for them.
We had a complete big block from daryl and was fitted straight into the cobra with only rear axle gear changes required.
We then used this engine for 3 years and was reliable with not one problem.
Yes it dropped a valve in the end but, I see a lot of blown engines at the track due to a valve dropping so i cant blame fastco for that
The cobra ran consistent times with fastco's engine running down to 8.22 on the quarter mile track at around 150-60 mph.
Please remember these are my comments only.
I also crewed for a team that had an engine built by a company in this country and it was the biggest bag of crap going.
So not every one is perfect.
You can come anytime and speak to us at the track in super pro et with the green cobra if you wish, we have nothing to gain or hide.
As for stuffing me, well your entitled to your opinion,But i speak as i find and you do not know me so what you are saying is you dont like me because i did not have a problem with fastco, a very sad comment.
If you had problems with fastco then i am sorry as i know the cost's involved with motor sport are high, but please remember there are a lot of his engines over hear that have not had problems, I know, i see them reguarly at the track.
Tony D

Hi Tony, I feel sorry that you feel you have been disrespected, and cant see the comment to which you refer, but i cant imagine it would be directed at you personally, you are speaking as you find which is fine, and im pleased that you have had a good result, however as already stated, the vast majority of us have that have had any dealings with them have had very bad experiances , myself included, as i have said you are welcome to see the result of my £4,000 fully reconditioned engine that never even hit the road, as it was so pooly built as to be dangerous (my gallery Fastco Fiasco), and had no chance (or even a hint) of refund as the arm of the company that sold the engine, Smax Smith of Fastco uk ltd moved overseas before we had chance to try the engine, Stangely enough to the same place as Fastco Canada, so the said engine was scrapped barr the block, and the whole project was only saved by the generosity of some of our members, and so, as far as im concerned i will continue to try to protect others from the same experiance, which im sure if you had had the same experiance as me, and many others, you would be angry too!. Regards Col

santa pod
26-05-10, 04:33 PM
Hi Wilf
you probally have a justified grievance but if you read my comments you will see I state it is my opinions only.
I also dont think i fall into the category of an unsuspecting barstad.
How ever very sorry to here about the situation you found yourself in.
Now i do know that a certain Smax smith was originally involved with this company and as i cant vouch for smax, i do know a lot of people were not happy.
I dont know smax and not had any dealings with him, I just heard people where not happy.
So the question is was the engine from smax or Daryl.
We are about to order new heads from daryl and have no reason not to.
Tony D

cobracol
26-05-10, 05:08 PM
I Believe the answer is both, cant speak for Wilf though,

dave
26-05-10, 06:36 PM
Hi Tony.
Welcome to the CRC forum.
Thanks for coming over, and I agree that you are right to sing from the roof tops (If you desire) about your good experience with Dr Dee/Daryl/Fastco.
So long as to provide a fair balance then it is only right to let the uningformed to be armed with a bigger picture (If there is dark side to the silver dollar) so that they can make an informed decision before jumping in.

I bought 12 engines from Fastco/Daryl/Dr Dee. and all had problems, some minor (read accepatble) and others which were bang out of order.
Here are some pics of a 4000 mile Daryl engine.

In this first picture he swore black was blue that I had re fitted this the wrong way around. The graph is beacuse i asked him to show (In which square) the imprint of the crank was on the FW side.

He never replied to that one directly, just going off in one of his incredibly lengthy replies that avoids the question but turns into an advert.
Mark my words, it will happen on your forum too.
He's done it here, he's done it on PH and also on snaketorque.

What had happened was that he had bought abd built this engine using an Eagle rotating assy and then thrown out the flex plate and put a flywheel in its place, hoping that the "Off the shelf" tin balance plate would put right the inbalance that the new FW brought to the equasion.

I personally feel that he does know is stuff, but instead of using this knowledge to build good value for money he uses it to pull the wool over peoples eyes.

When I was buying from him he was around £800 per engine cheaper than buying in the UK, this soon dissapears when you have to pull the motor to get it rebuilt.

A big bag of candy in the crate won't cover the cost of putting this lot right:-
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/v8cobra/sidebysidewGRID.jpg?t=1274894479

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/v8cobra/DSCF0060.jpg?t=1274894281

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/v8cobra/DSCF0045.jpg?t=1274894244

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/v8cobra/DSCF0062a.jpg?t=1274895493

His standard proceedure is to pop up on forums offering advice, which is quite often good, and then eventually starts sneaking in adverts which become more amd more prolific. He has then already built up a reputation as being a "Good egg" and people trust him. This is when the propblems start.

However. I do know some people who are perfectly happy with their Fastco engine. And I hope that they remain so, but I do know of more bad ones than good ones, which is not a good sign in my book.

There are also a number of dissatisfied customers who won't speak out. Maybe because they are embarrassed or they fear that if they have a problem then Fastco will refuse to help, probably due to seeing his aggressive style of reply to customers on the forums who have had problems and spoken out.

I will not use him again.:(

dave
26-05-10, 06:42 PM
Oops.
Just so you know is was one of his:-
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/v8cobra/DSCF0040.jpg?t=1274895670

santa pod
26-05-10, 06:58 PM
Once again i can only speak of my dealings and have had no problems
Tonyd,

Purple AK
26-05-10, 07:12 PM
Once again i can only speak of my dealings and have had no problems
Tonyd,
Welcome Tony. How did you find us by the way? Long may your luck continue :cool: I suppose 6 numbers for Saturdays Lottery are out of the question? :lol:

santa pod
26-05-10, 07:42 PM
been lurking in the wings for a while now, as we race a cobra had a look at your site.
Tony d

wilf
26-05-10, 08:21 PM
Hi Tony.

I never personally bought anything from crapco, but knew of their fraudulent misrepresentations from US friends and a US Cobra forum years ago. Unfortunately, despite my warnings, I had to watch a large number of people get ripped off and see the pics of the sh*te that was inside their engines, put there by Daryl.

I hope your luck holds - even Daryl must have had a bad day and actually occasionally put good components inside a build. And you mention Smax - there's another (alleged) rogue who left the UK to avoid another queue of people with their fists ready to fly. And of course, any time you challenge either of these "gentlemen" with evidence of their wrongdoings you get the most ridiculous tirade of BS aimed at discrediting the very people they just ripped off.

Yes, there are happy fastcrap customers. They are the lucky ones. As I said, stay lucky, and of course you can only speak as you find. Tell us more about the drag scene, few of us get involved.

Happy Jim
26-05-10, 10:41 PM
8.22 on the quarter mile track at around 150-60 mph.

Tony D

Now that sounds like a serious piece of kit for a Cob.....need pictures please :cool:

Jim

RAM427Cobra
26-05-10, 11:04 PM
Just saw this thread. Isn't it odd that this guy can still command the attention from this forum that gets a thread to 3 pages in a couple of days. I really hope he shows up with his usual confused drivel to try to spin his way through this as its more entertaining to read than anything on television.;)
I do really feel sorry for anyone that's been caught up in this guys dodgy deals and hope the posts on other forums directing people to these issues will serve as a warning to anyone thinking of doing business with Dr Dee.
Alan

Dutch Paul
01-08-10, 03:05 PM
Dr Death strikes again...........

Parts & Accessories : Chevy 383 FASTCO stroker 450hp engine (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1921028.htm)

santa pod
01-08-10, 03:47 PM
well beleive it or not we are now on youtube with the cobra.
unfortunately the run is not a good one as the car breaks loose at about half track and Ashley has to back off. Oh well you cant win them all.
to see our run and the cobra got to youtube and type in ashley bell ac cobra.

Naumoff
01-08-10, 04:05 PM
First of all, what are Brits drag racing for?:D

Second, in piles of shite there can be whole pieces of corn and coins and stuff that are just fine.

Third thing is beware of SA in Ga, USA.

santa pod
01-08-10, 04:42 PM
Why are brits drag racing
Have you ever been?
If you have where did you go and what class's did you see?
I think i might know the answer so i shall wait and see.

dolphinboy400
01-08-10, 04:46 PM
Second, in piles of shite there can be whole pieces of corn and coins and stuff that are just fine.

good analogy, spot on and would apply to most things theese days :D

Santa pod, i am pretty sure he was pulling your leg ;)

santa pod
01-08-10, 04:56 PM
I'M sure he was, it's the smell of Nitro and 8000 hp motors screaming their nuts off OH YESSSSSSSSS definately more please.
It's funny though after three/four days of it i do look forward to a bit of peace and quite!!!!!!!!! funny that.
Any way a quick sneaky advert for the moderators to complain as its in the wrong section, but what the hell.
Husbands/boyfriends/wifes/girlfreinds and any that are not sure, for your next special occasion I have bought, this dare you hire it. check it out a gothiclimousines.co.uk

Naumoff
01-08-10, 06:16 PM
Why are brits drag racing
Have you ever been?
If you have where did you go and what class's did you see?
I think i might know the answer so i shall wait and see.

Well you know the answer I was raised around it and have been wrenching on all sorts of cars in my life.
But for me all that waiting between the 10 second or less of thrills at a time can not Come close to thirty plus minutes of continuous heart pumping thrills of road racing.
And that is why I kid and ask why are Brits drag racing?:D

santa pod
01-08-10, 06:25 PM
Well i know what you mean as a ex roundy roundy racer. but i'm getting older now, and cant steer round corners anymore.
The real truth is my wife bends both my arms behind my back and say's you've got to go , I want you to go so i am forced to do it !!!!!!!!! YEAH right. LOL

Purple AK
01-08-10, 06:31 PM

Love it Tony :lol: We prefer, "You can't polish a turd, but you can sprinkle it with glitter" ;-)

Naumoff
01-08-10, 06:32 PM
Well i know what you mean as a ex roundy roundy racer. but i'm getting older now, and cant steer round corners anymore.
The real truth is my wife bends both my arms behind my back and say's you've got to go , I want you to go so i am forced to do it !!!!!!!!! YEAH right. LOL

So you're wench whipped. I get it. ;)

santa pod
01-08-10, 07:17 PM
Wench whipped is about right LOL
I cant complain, I get away with murder, soon be off to sunny stratford and then the pod and then off to the good old USA for two weeks, then its back to the grind untill April next year. Oh Well!
Just my mundane life just passing me by...............I LOVE IT

Naumoff
01-08-10, 10:59 PM
Love it Tony :lol: We prefer, "You can't polish a turd, but you can sprinkle it with glitter" ;-)
I have been in the plumbing trade for 23 years and that is where I draw my analogy. :)

andicole0
02-08-10, 08:59 AM

Sorry Chris.

YouTube - MYTHBUSTERS are going to Polish SHIT.......... they have gone nuts, remastered by NiteAngel

Andi.

Purple AK
02-08-10, 09:02 AM
We are talking much larger turds than that Andi :lol:

Naumoff
02-08-10, 10:55 AM
That is not polishing that is reforming.

wilf
02-08-10, 11:52 AM
Insomnia Tony?

Naumoff
02-08-10, 02:50 PM
Insomnia Tony?
Yeah, I have turds on my mind or white for brains.;)
And I am up at 3:30 and at work by 5:00.