PDA

View Full Version : Diff rear cover plate

seph
25-05-10, 06:25 PM
Anybody got one lying around. I have just received my 2.88 diff and some idiot has drilled a hole in the bottom to drain the oil out.

Cheers

Paul

Delfim
25-05-10, 06:35 PM
My 2 cents worth... My diff also has a smal hole. In there goes the breather pipe...:???:

seph
25-05-10, 06:49 PM
My 2 cents worth... My diff also has a smal hole. In there goes the breather pipe...:???:

The breather pipe is at the top of the cover, this hole is just above the bottom bolt. The diff takes about 1.5 lires of oil with this hole you would be lucky to get a 1/2 pint in it without it peeing out.

wilf
25-05-10, 07:20 PM
Weld/Braze it up?

seph
25-05-10, 07:32 PM
Weld/Braze it up?

Wilf,

I don't have access to any welding equipment otherwise I would have done that. I will take it to a local welder if I can't get hole of one.

Paul

Toddy
25-05-10, 08:53 PM
Tap it and plug it ?

craggle
25-05-10, 08:55 PM
Get a new one that will scare the MOT man each year! :mrgreen:

KINGHOTRODS (http://www.customdiffcovers.co.uk/PRODUCT.htm)

Craig.

wilf
26-05-10, 07:23 AM
Or, a better thought - get hold of one of the finned ally covers that were fitted to XJS and the like. Look nice and add cooling.

russell_ram
26-05-10, 07:26 AM
I have a load of pressed steel ones in various states of rustiness, or fully re-furbished blast/powder coated ones if that helps. Don't have any aluminium ones though. PM me if that helps.

Russ

Lloyd Barnes
26-05-10, 09:41 AM
Anybody got one lying around. I have just received my 2.88 diff and some idiot has drilled a hole in the bottom to drain the oil out.

Cheers

Paul

if its a gen 2 with the XJ40 diff then I have a spare knackered diff. It will be going in the next skip so you are welcome to the cover plate off it. Its even cleaned and painted up as it was in the car till I broke it!!

seph
26-05-10, 12:29 PM
I have a load of pressed steel ones in various states of rustiness, or fully re-furbished blast/powder coated ones if that helps. Don't have any aluminium ones though. PM me if that helps.

Russ

Russ pm sent

if its a gen 2 with the XJ40 diff then I have a spare knackered diff. It will be going in the next skip so you are welcome to the cover plate off it. Its even cleaned and painted up as it was in the car till I broke it!!

Lloyd, thanks but it is xjs

Delfim
26-05-10, 06:40 PM
The breather pipe is at the top of the cover, this hole is just above the bottom bolt. The diff takes about 1.5 lires of oil with this hole you would be lucky to get a 1/2 pint in it without it peeing out.
Sorry about that, didnīt realise it was so low. Iīm sure Russel is going to help you.:wink:

seph
28-05-10, 04:26 PM
Sorted, thanks to Russ

Paul