PDA

View Full Version : June meet?

Dave Court
31-05-10, 07:21 PM
Hi All, where to this Sunday?

langbond 15
31-05-10, 09:07 PM
:pdave 6th june wimbelball lake dulverton ta229nw for a picnic will be meeting at my workshop 10.30 for coffee then run out to wimbelball to join the rest please join us the more the merrier steve and nikki

Murray
01-06-10, 11:17 AM
Won't be able to make it this meet, Mother's birthday up Swindon way. Still got overheating problems though, new alloy water pump on it's way. Hope you all have a fine day for the picnic.
Chris I haven't forgotten I owe you some money, do you have a PayPal account?

langbond 15
01-06-10, 10:28 PM
sorry you cant make it murry ,look forward to seing you next month hope you soon get this over heating prob sorted. steve and nikki

andy l
02-06-10, 10:24 AM
Hi All, not sure if i will make it either, due to work again :(, hope this weather holds for you, all the best Andy :mrgreen:

westborne
03-06-10, 07:03 AM
Message from Steve

'PICNIC AT WIMBLEBALL LAKE'

Wimbleball Lake
Brompton Regis
Dulverton
Somerset
TA22 9NW.

There is large car park and tea room, but hopefully everyone will bring their own picnic (weather permitting !)

Directions from Dulverton

* Head South on Fore St/B3223 towards High St/B3222

* Turn Left at High St/B3222.
Continue to follow B3222.

* Turn right at A396

* Take the 1st left towards Lydon's Hill

* Slight right at Lydon's Hill.

* Continue onto Lydon's Hill.

* Turn right at Sanctuary Lane.

* Wimbleball will be on your right.

For those in our direction, can I suggest meeting for coffee at Steve's Workshop, 6 Mount St, B/water, TA6 3ER, 10.30 am.

B Plan, if miserable we will adjourn to Raleigh's Cross 12 noon. Will post on Forum 1st thing sun morn.

Hope weather is good and brings out all of us !

Anybody coming from the South - Coffee at EX5 4NQ from 10.30 - give me a call - Chris

Dave Court
03-06-10, 01:39 PM
Cheers Steve, see you Sunday Cobra permitting:D

westborne
04-06-10, 06:08 AM
Is tartan rug and Thermos mandatory?

langbond 15
04-06-10, 08:32 AM
Is tartan rug and Thermos mandatory?
oh yes and cucumber sandwiches, sun cream (hopefully) see you sunday

langbond 15
04-06-10, 10:23 PM
Hi All, not sure if i will make it either, due to work again :(, hope this weather holds for you, all the best Andy :mrgreen:
were praying it does hope things pan out and you can make it. it is a lovely place great for a picnic .cheers for now steve @ nikki :cool:

langbond 15
06-06-10, 08:20 AM
not the brigthtest day for a picnic but hey lets go for it,kettle will be on for 10,30 ta63er workshop or see you at wimbleball lake ta229nw THE SUN WILL SHINE HONEST steve @ nikki :cool::p:)

LAURIESPARKY
06-06-10, 07:39 PM
Thanks Steve and Nicki for a great day .And yes the sun did shine !
nice to see Colin not too upset with Tasmin
But Tasmin is only tempory tell Colin
:cool:

andy l
06-06-10, 07:51 PM
Hi all, glad it stayed dry and you had a good meet, any pics, did not get back till 1030 so unable to make it, see you all soon, Andy ;)

westborne
07-06-10, 06:52 AM
A Grand Day Out !!

Well the weather was kind - the roads were interesting and the company was excellent - especially the Scones and Jam with Cream - and there's me trying to shed some pounds !!

Good to see 8 cars in all some from the south and some from north - it was good to see Stu E after his time in Purda - and Tim Woodman even turned up (eventually and from the wrong direction ) with his engine rebuilt and sounding in fine fettle!! -

Dont tell Dianne but we forgot to pay for the car park !! -

I have posted some piccies - Congratulations to Nikki by the way - I think she is the first female SW Cob Owner !! Main question is however - what is the car ? Even Steve L dont know!!

Many thanks to Steve and Nikki for sorting this and the mini convoy to Minehead - then mini mini convoy back to Taunton where Tim vanished !!

Next meet is Club stand at Culmstock - I haven't seen any tickets yet but we'll sort

Thanks again Good Day Out Grommit !!

langbond 15
07-06-10, 01:03 PM
thanks to all for making it a real nice day. it was great to have a run out,it was the first time we've been out with so many cobs in convoy .:D
i hope dave's diff was alright after porlock hill.
nics cob (tasmin) behaved herself on her first social occassion,still none the wiser as to make.:???:
see you all at culmstock steve&nikki (steve@nikki)

westborne
07-06-10, 01:06 PM
And some more

timw
07-06-10, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the the scones and cream Nikki & Steve - all part of the training diet? As for my vanishing at Taunton, it was all part of a cunning plan to take the twisty A & B roads back to Exeter rather than the M5. Prior to turning off, I waved, hooted and even indicated at Chris and Stu - but got the full-on Mancob treatment. At least they let me sit in the same field as them for the picnic this time.

Sincerely
Sven

Henry Piper
07-06-10, 04:04 PM
And some more
Hi all
Looks like you had a good day out, I left south London at 9.30, took till 13.30 to get back to Ottery by then I was too knackered to go and collect Cobra and drive to Wimbleball, :( so I fell asleep in the Bath, (unintentionally) :o !!
I,m hoping to get to Culmstock next month, If I do can I just turn up and pay "on the door" and join the rest of you ?, or should I buy a ticket in advance and Tempt fate that I might not be able to make it !!!.
Cheers Henry

Dave Court
07-06-10, 05:26 PM
following the nasty sound from the rear end on the way up porlock hill had a steady trip home with no more issues, as I have an oil drip from the LSD I will try topping up the oil level and see what happens next!
Cheers all for the great day

stu e
08-06-10, 07:52 AM
- Prior to turning off, I waved, hooted and even indicated at Chris and Stu

Sincerely
Sven

I thought I heard something, but all I could hear most of the time was a large V8 infront of me and another behind:D
The drive back down the M5 was pretty boring, when I got in I found my face and right arm were the same colour as the car.:(
Will have to get a louder sat nav as well.

Stu.

westborne
09-06-10, 06:28 AM
Glad you all got back relatively safely

Culmstock - Henry see SW email today - passes will be issued on the 20th and you can also pay on the day