PDA

View Full Version : LOST ALL MY SAVED BROWNIE POINTS!!!!

osgood
02-04-04, 06:16 PM
Hi all building a seriously quick 4:6 RV8 lump for my car. Thought I would put a few parts in the dish washer for a clean!!!!!! like front pulley and two heads! ALL WAS WELL UNTIL THE WASHER MADE SOME SERIOUS NOISES AND FOAM SPILLED OUT ALL OVER THE KITCHEN FLOOR!!! Next thing I know it has tripped out the supply in the flat!. Just cant win chaps all brownies gone and I have been saving for months! Eric

x(

SimonP
02-04-04, 11:36 PM
Erm... Eric,
Just because the normal caustic dishwasher stuff would attack the heads, doesn't mean you can use commercial parts cleaning fluid instead!{-}

Check that some stray Rover hardware hasn't got into the DW water pump and broken its casing.

At least you know your RCD works.....

Simon.

GUMBALL
03-04-04, 06:29 AM
Eric,

You should NEVER, I repeat NEVER do this.

It is irresponsible!

Oh.... NEVER get CAUGHT I meant! {-} {-} {-}

GUMBALL :tu

tonym
03-04-04, 08:16 AM
Hard luck eric, Liz always said you didn't know how to wash up and now you've proved her right {-}
If you get time would you e-mail me the spec of your seriously quick 4.6 RV* as i'm thinking of building one myself over the winter and i need to start getting my head round it now, Cheers :tu

COBRA KEV01
03-04-04, 08:49 AM
Hi Eric,you are a tit aint you you old fool!!!
I am thinking of swapping to a 4.6 rover engine ,eric,i would be interested to know how much you are going to spend on it and at what spec.:9

Miket
03-04-04, 09:40 AM
I'm saying nothing :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :}

dave.n
03-04-04, 10:17 AM
Eric
Know how you feel came back from holiday and the kids had used ordinary washing up liquid in ours.

A new dishwasher was required in the end(long story)

Just re-decorating 'cos of the foam stains on the kitchen walls(almost up to the ceiling).
dave.n

kdavies3
03-04-04, 10:39 AM
All this trouble and you didn't quite make 2000 posts before her indoors killed you. {-} {-}
http://www.woodoouk.eclipse.co.uk/Wales.gif

Kev Davies
Dax, 383ci Chevy Stroker, Tremec TKO
South Wales

osgood
04-04-04, 07:24 AM
Thanks for all your support guys x( I guess this makes this 2000 then, what a gobby b£sted (no comments please!)

Cant get the dish washer man in for about a week so there is no bonus points for guessing who's doing the washing up till then :-(

Don't think it was the extra washing up liquid. could have been a nut and bolt as Steve says in the pump!! Anyway it not looking to cheap from where I am standing at present! regards Eric.

maxGD059
04-04-04, 08:12 PM
Eric, me ol' fruit, you just can't simply leave it there! Unless I've missed something along the line, what's this about a 'seriously quick 4.6 RV8? We need DETAILS PLEASE...........& dont spare the keyboard

Cheers

Richard
(Hillclimb convert)

osgood
05-04-04, 07:07 AM
Richard mate thats really on a need to know basis only. Well a lot quicker than my current 3:9 anyway! Had some pointers & advise from Russ, also some ideas of my own.

Not as quick as these forced induction boys, but I am hoping for good results, we will see!!! Could turn out to be a load of pants! As a taster how about 8 Amel bike carburetters?
;-) :9 Eric. :tu

osgood
05-04-04, 07:33 AM
Simon, Gumball & guys thought I better mention cleaned out the sump this week end using the patio bench table. Used some pretty strong drain cleaner (93% sulphuric!) which did the job more than well!!!! But has now stripped of the varnish on the bench x( x( Will forward picture if still alive" Eric

maxGD059
05-04-04, 07:35 AM
Oooohh you tease......will collar you at Stoneleigh

Cheers

Richard
(Hillclimb convert)

tonym
05-04-04, 08:05 AM
I got a mail with the full spec of Eric's new engine Richard, but then i guess your missus hasn't ever shared an umberella with Eric's, it kinda brings you together if you know what i mean {-}

If your at home today i'll be doing the remedial work on my cob if you have time to pop round :tu

maxGD059
05-04-04, 10:03 AM
Ah ha, my spies are at work -will drop in Tony & get the low down

Cheers

Richard
(Hillclimb convert)

COBRA KEV01
05-04-04, 11:30 AM
Good luck with the retest old boy!!

fcukruss
05-04-04, 07:19 PM
i dont have a dishwasher....

....anymore!!!!}(

russ

osgood
05-04-04, 07:50 PM
Russ nor do I mate, the wifes got a manuel Jobie now ME }( !!

Okay guys another load of soft brown stuff I am in patio bench with slightly acid burnt varnish. Whats that old saying now (DEAD IN THE WATER!) Eric :-(