PDA

View Full Version : This is what I'm thinking of doing to the car

jimbo007
01-07-10, 12:35 PM
If I ever get this project finished this is what I'd like to do.

I will be (hopefully) making fixings to enable both full windscreen and aeroscreens. I am favouring the aeroscreens. Not the most practical but I am a biker at heart and would miss the flies in my teeth!:D

MrHappy
01-07-10, 03:06 PM
If I ever get this project finished this is what I'd like to do.

I will be (hopefully) making fixings to enable both full windscreen and aeroscreens. I am favouring the aeroscreens. Not the most practical but I am a biker at heart and would miss the flies in my teeth!:D

Sweeeeet!:D

Looks awesome.

I'd imagine you'd have to have the full screen to pass the IVA these days but after that you'd be able to do whatever you liked.

After a short (ish) run in my local countryside my windscreen looks like I've bludgeoned a million bugs to death (not far from the truth, perhaps!) so I'd imagine you'd be eating a fair few!:)

Steve
01-07-10, 03:08 PM
Im not sure you need any screen for IVA......GD t70 dont have them, not fo atoms etc

MrHappy
01-07-10, 03:16 PM
Im not sure you need any screen for IVA......GD t70 dont have them, not fo atoms etc

Very good point!

jimbo007
01-07-10, 03:22 PM
Hi guys,

This cobra is from the days before SVA/IVA it is already registered so as far as I am aware all I require is a MOT. but I am following IVA recommendations for safety aspects.

The car is down as first registered in 1970 so it's also tax exempt I think.

I am a Charlie checker on all things I do so i like to think that I've over checked all parts of build and have mocked this car up many time to check engineering issues only to strip it again to get things right.

Cheers
jim

Lloyd Barnes
01-07-10, 03:57 PM
what car is it you have? Hawk/BRA? Will look great mocked up to look like the Essex wire car...

Out of curiosity what will you do with the windscreen wipers when the aero screen is on?

jimbo007
01-07-10, 04:14 PM
what car is it you have? Hawk/BRA? Will look great mocked up to look like the Essex wire car...

Out of curiosity what will you do with the windscreen wipers when the aero screen is on?

Hmmm, good point about the wipers. I'll have to think about that.

Don't know what kit it is. I have tried many times to find out, it says Dax on v5 but it isn't.

Cheers
Jim

Neil O
01-07-10, 04:17 PM
Just undo the wipers and take them off. It will take seconds.
Put a nut cover over the spindle and away you go.

Remember to leave the windscreen washer button alone though......:mrgreen:

jimbo007
01-07-10, 04:22 PM
I agree with Neil O.

I will just quickly take wipers of and fit a second hidden switch to isolate wipers and wash, due to the fact that my memory is crap, due to the fact my memory is crap. I said that twice didn't I.

Cheers
Jim

nuf_said
01-07-10, 04:44 PM
Yes, I can imagine your goggles being covered in bugs, turning on the wash /wipers and then wondering why they aren't very effective.

Nuf Said

KevinW
01-07-10, 07:42 PM
original cars with aeroscreens had the wheel box shafts poking through the bodywork. so just remove wipers and arms, job done.