PDA

View Full Version : Magnum 427sf - FOR SALE

janandchris
07-07-10, 12:30 PM
Kit Cars : MAGNUM AC COBRA 427 SF (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1846886.htm)

Hagster
07-07-10, 04:49 PM
Looks like a nice car at a fair price IMO

Guy

janandchris
07-07-10, 06:09 PM
Thanks, it belongs to a friend of mine. I love the look of this car myself!

And I think I'm right in sayin that the next Magnum on PH is around 24k!

Sounds awsome too :)

littlelambfound
10-07-10, 08:18 AM
Thanks, it belongs to a friend of mine. I love the look of this car myself!

And I think I'm right in sayin that the next Magnum on PH is around 24k!

Sounds awsome too :)

Hi, I'm hoping to buy a cobra this July and I've been looking at this one, but haven't yet made the (considerable) trip up to take a closer look. The owner sent a large number of pics....but the panel fit needs work. For instance, how easy is it to get a bonnet to fit as on this one the front corners stand proud (the bonnet is flat at the front and so doesn't fit the curvature of the engine bay edge). Have you seen the car?

janandchris
10-07-10, 05:07 PM
I've seen, driven and worked on this car...

The panel fit is not the best around, but I'm sure that anyone who knows Magnum, knows that they build cars for the track not for show...

That said, when first got my car & joined the forums, and had one or two minor body issues. Everyone soon jumped in to remind me that I had bought a kit car...not production line tin box!

The gaps could be sorted, but I'm guessing it would mean going back to the bodyshop and paint stage. And to be honest..it looks fine. And gets admiration where ever it goes.

I'm sure it will benefit from more tinkering by it's next loving owner...don't they all!

janandchris
10-07-10, 05:10 PM
Magnum 427sf

janandchris
10-07-10, 05:12 PM
PistonHeads.com (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/largepic.asp?i=1846886&noPics=3&imgsrv=1&current=1&make=KITCARS&model=COBRAREPLICAS)

janandchris
13-07-10, 09:49 AM
This car is now SOLD!

janandchris
29-07-10, 08:00 AM
This car is for sale again if you search Ebay, Magnum Cobra.

Had a load more work done to it...

Think it's up for around 21k now!

wilf
29-07-10, 10:25 AM
What work has it had done to it in two weeks?

wilf
29-07-10, 10:29 AM
Apparently we shouldn't confuse it with a "kit car" :rolleyes:

To$$ers.

Other than adding 50% to the asking price, I can't quite see what this person has done to "improve" the car. Other than adding lots of BS to to advert, of course.

craggle
29-07-10, 10:43 AM
Maybe the windscreen has been moved into a vertical position?

Craig.

Purple AK
29-07-10, 05:49 PM
Is your friend a Club Member?

janandchris
29-07-10, 09:10 PM
Is your friend a Club Member?

My friend doesn't own the car anymore, he sold it 3 weeks ago...Too cheap by the looks of things!

I'm not out to put the current owner/seller down, he seemed a nice chap who knew what he was talking about. I've no idea what he's done to the car over the last 3 weeks. Just noticed it back on ebay.

Neil O
01-08-10, 04:29 AM
"IT ALSO HAS FULLY ADJUSTABLE ROSE JOINTED SUSPENSION WHICH ENABLES IT TO BE SET VERY LOW TO GIVE AN AUTHENTIC AGGRESSIVE LOOK"

Better get out to the garage and reset my suspension then.......:rolleyes:

janandchris
01-08-10, 10:53 AM
"IT ALSO HAS FULLY ADJUSTABLE ROSE JOINTED SUSPENSION WHICH ENABLES IT TO BE SET VERY LOW TO GIVE AN AUTHENTIC AGGRESSIVE LOOK"

Better get out to the garage and reset my suspension then.......:rolleyes:

Well, although I do like the stance of the Magnum, I would say that its no where near looking like an original Cobra

gasrs92
02-08-10, 01:09 AM
Well, although I do like the stance of the Magnum, I would say that its no where near looking like an original Cobra

HI ALL! JUST THOUGHT I'D BEST INTRODUCE MYSELF AS YOU APPEAR TO HAVING A KNOCK AT ME WHICH I PERSONALLY WOULD NEVER DO UNLESS I WENT TO THE TIME AND TROUBLE TO GET TO KNOW THAT PERSON FIRST! THAT ASIDE IF ANY OF YOU ARE REALLY THAT INTERESTED IN WHAT I HAVE DONE IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS TO THE CAR I AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO TELL YOU. YOU COULD PERHAPS PICK UP SOME TIPS ON HOW TO INCREASE THE VALUE OF YR OWN CARS AND AND GET THEM TO A FINISHED STATE THAT SO MANY COBRA BUILDERS NEVER SEEM TO REACH. LOL. :D

I TAKE IT (janand chris) IS THE GUY/MECHANIC I MET IN THE GARAGE, THANKS FOR THE CIGGY AND THANK YOU FOR THE CHAT ETC. GOT HOME OK (140MILES) ISH OK! RAINED THE LAST 30 MILES, BUT MANAGED TO GET IT BACK IN MY GARAGE BEFORE I KILLED MYSELF, LUCKILY FOR ME I HAD THAT ROSE JOINTED SUSPENSION OR I MIGHT NEVER HAVE MADE IT!.... LOL.:D

gasrs92
02-08-10, 01:23 AM
Sorry, forgot to mention posted some new photos on ebay if any of you are interested! Also for what its worth been offered 20k today but may keep the car now and sell the srv8 i have instead which hasnt got the rose jointed suspension!....... Also been offered a tvr tuscan and cash if anyone fancy's one?........ Cars also gone up to £24950 now as ive added those 'cobra' dust caps with matching key fob!.........

Neil O
02-08-10, 05:45 AM
Welcome. I think. ;)

If you write a load of incorrect twaddle to describe your car on ebay, you will get pulled up on it here.
Get your facts straight and all will be fine.

You have to bear in mind that when someone has put a huge amount of effort into building their car it is quite traumatic to then sell it. Then you see your car advertised for by someone who appears to want a quick profit from it and can be upsetting.

Good luck to you if you can make money from these cars, a lot of people don't.

wilf
02-08-10, 07:13 AM
HI ALL! JUST THOUGHT I'D BEST INTRODUCE MYSELF AS YOU APPEAR TO HAVING A KNOCK AT ME WHICH I PERSONALLY WOULD NEVER DO UNLESS I WENT TO THE TIME AND TROUBLE TO GET TO KNOW THAT PERSON FIRST! THAT ASIDE IF ANY OF YOU ARE REALLY THAT INTERESTED IN WHAT I HAVE DONE IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS TO THE CAR I AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO TELL YOU. YOU COULD PERHAPS PICK UP SOME TIPS ON HOW TO INCREASE THE VALUE OF YR OWN CARS AND AND GET THEM TO A FINISHED STATE THAT SO MANY COBRA BUILDERS NEVER SEEM TO REACH. LOL. :D

I TAKE IT (janand chris) IS THE GUY/MECHANIC I MET IN THE GARAGE, THANKS FOR THE CIGGY AND THANK YOU FOR THE CHAT ETC. GOT HOME OK (140MILES) ISH OK! RAINED THE LAST 30 MILES, BUT MANAGED TO GET IT BACK IN MY GARAGE BEFORE I KILLED MYSELF, LUCKILY FOR ME I HAD THAT ROSE JOINTED SUSPENSION OR I MIGHT NEVER HAVE MADE IT!.... LOL.:D

Sorry, but my "twat radar" was on full alert, and you sent every light flashing.

Speaking solely for myself, I neither extend any personal welcome to you, nor hope that you stay. I doubt that I could learn anything from you other than how to write utter bullshit in an advert.

Feel free to dislike me intensely, that will suit me fine. I hope our paths never cross.

Purple AK
02-08-10, 07:57 AM
Perhaps you would care to explain to us exactly how, or why the rose jointed suspension was instumental in saving your life in a downpour? Most of us when caught in the rain just drive sensibly.
BTW I hope you have the "upgrade" fitted? As the last time I clapped eyes on a Magnum with rose jointed suspension it was broken down with a snapped top wishbone! Luckily it happened at parking speed, otherwise one of our number might well have not been around today! It turned out that the tube Magnum had used for the top wishbone was underspeced for it's application!

Oh and welcome.

janandchris
02-08-10, 08:23 AM
I know I'm throwing myself into the proverbial lions den...

But I'm a bit upset by the way this has gone. As I said, I met and spoke to the new owner. He was a nice genuine guy, who chatted for a couple of hours before heading off.

We have seen a lot of expensive cobra's ...and If all the work that has been decribed has been carried out. I don't understand why he can't ask the going rate for it??

I'm no expert (obviously) but surely it's up to him what he ask's for the car. And it's is a nice car.

I'm not trying to upset anyone...hope I don't get a torrent of abuse, but i don't want to seem two faced either.

wilf
02-08-10, 08:28 AM
Fine, but exactly what work has been done to justify a 50% uplift in price?

gasrs92
02-08-10, 10:20 AM
LOL!..... I DISAGREE WOULD BE GREAT TO MEET UP TO INCREASE MY KNOWLEDGE OF COBRAS AND MAYBE BRUSH UP ON MY SARCASM AND WIT!....
I AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO STAND BEING CORRECTED ON ANYTHING I HAVE SAID IN MY ADVERT!.....
I SUPPOSE I COULD OF JUST PUT "GREY COBRA FOR SALE WITH BIG WHEELS" I'M SURE THAT WOULD OF CREATED MORE INTEREST THAN THE LENGTHLY DESCRIPTION THAT I FOOLISHLY USED!......;):rolleyes:

Hagster
02-08-10, 08:32 PM
Think your CAPS lock is broke.

oh and yes I would be interested what work I can do in three weeks to add that much to my resale value, please tell

gasrs92
02-08-10, 09:07 PM
Think your CAPS lock is broke.

oh and yes I would be interested what work I can do in three weeks to add that much to my resale value, please tell

CAPS LOCK IS FINE JUST THOUGHT SOME WOULD FIND IT EASIER TO READ IN CAPITALS!.......

WELL FOR STARTERS I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO BUY AT THE RIGHT PRICE IN THE FIRST PLACE FOLLOWED BY FINISHING TO A REASONABLE STANDARD THAT ISNT SOLELY TO YR OWN TASTE! FINALLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY YR ASKING PRICE MUST BE REALISTIC AND IN LINE WITH OTHERS FOR SALE AND CURRENT MARKET VALUE!..... SURELY ITS NOT A CRIME TO BUY SOMETHING AT A BARGAIN PRICE, IMPROVE IT AND SELL IT ON AT A PROFIT. I'M REALLY QUITE FLATTERED THAT SO MANY PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED IN MY PRIVATE AFFAIRS!........:cool:

Purple AK
02-08-10, 09:20 PM
CAPS LOCK IS FINE JUST THOUGHT SOME WOULD FIND IT EASIER TO READ IN CAPITALS!.......

WELL FOR STARTERS I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO BUY AT THE RIGHT PRICE IN THE FIRST PLACE FOLLOWED BY FINISHING TO A REASONABLE STANDARD THAT ISNT SOLELY TO YR OWN TASTE! FINALLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY YR ASKING PRICE MUST BE REALISTIC AND IN LINE WITH OTHERS FOR SALE AND CURRENT MARKET VALUE!..... SURELY ITS NOT A CRIME TO BUY SOMETHING AT A BARGAIN PRICE, IMPROVE IT AND SELL IT ON AT A PROFIT. I'M REALLY QUITE FLATTERED THAT SO MANY PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED IN MY PRIVATE AFFAIRS!........:cool:
We call it SHOUTING!(or just plain lazy) :rolleyes: And we don't like being shouted at :( Much as we took umbrage at your reference to to "kit cars" in your attempt to upstage your sale. One thing we don't do (other than in jest) is deride other peoples cars!!
Anyway you still haven't told us what you did to improve the car?

KevinW
02-08-10, 09:33 PM
private affairs???? you put the f*cking ad up!

sod it - rest of post deleted.
I have nothing further to contribute that wilf hasnt already stated.

gasrs92
02-08-10, 09:46 PM
We call it SHOUTING!(or just plain lazy) :rolleyes: And we don't like being shouted at :( Much as we took umbrage at your reference to to "kit cars" in your attempt to upstage your sale. One thing we don't do (other than in jest) is deride other peoples cars!!
Anyway you still haven't told us what you did to improve the car?

Club secretary has spoken so caps lock is off! Genuinly sorry for any offence caused with the 'kit car' reference I see yr point and non was intended. The improvements are there for you all to clearly see on ebay, it really is basically down to cosmetic detail with the correct (in my oppinion) finishing touches. If the previous owner can telephone me and complement me and wish me well (very decent chap) I cant see why others seem to have aproblem with this. I realise that non of yr members would be interested in this car but in raising the price of the Cobra's I have sucessfully sold in the past and this one can surely only have a positive effect on the prices of future Cobra sales. The car was available for everyone to buy but unfortunately no-one else seem to see the obvious potential!.......:o

PS Taking the positive from yr first post I thank you for the information on the wishbones on the Magnum which I will be checking out!:smile:

Purple AK
02-08-10, 09:54 PM
Club secretary has spoken so caps lock is off! Genuinly sorry for any offence caused with the 'kit car' reference I see yr point and non was intended. The improvements are there for you all to clearly see on ebay, it really is basically down to cosmetic detail with the correct (in my oppinion) finishing touches. If the previous owner can telephone me and complement me and wish me well (very decent chap) I cant see why others seem to have aproblem with this. I realise that non of yr members would be interested in this car but in raising the price of the Cobra's I have sucessfully sold in the past and this one can surely only have a positive effect on the prices of future Cobra sales. The car was available for everyone to buy but unfortunately no-one else seem to see the obvious potential!.......:o

PS Taking the positive from yr first post I thank you for the information on the wishbones on the Magnum which I will be checking out!:smile:
Yr Welcm ;)

dolphinboy400
02-08-10, 10:04 PM

do you have a cousin that goes by the name Dr Dee? ;) Your writing styles are similar although yours are not repeated 10 times. What finnishing touches? I have booked myself in for an eye test, but in the mean time would you mind enlightening me so i may be as successful as yourself.

many thanks :D

KevinW
02-08-10, 10:50 PM
what finnishing touches? ... :D

OK, I do now have something to contribute.
I have looked at the pics of the original PH ad and the ebay ad.
Car looks identical.

But I have also carefully studied the descriptions.

And I can reveal that the finishing touches are:

drrrrrums please:

A tonneau cover that doesnt fit.

One hell of a price hike for a piece of car rag added on.

gasrs92
02-08-10, 11:03 PM
do you have a cousin that goes by the name Dr Dee? ;) Your writing styles are similar although yours are not repeated 10 times. What finnishing touches? I have booked myself in for an eye test, but in the mean time would you mind enlightening me so i may be as successful as yourself.

many thanks :D

Good luck with the eye test!...... lol:lol: Sorry cant enlighten you anymore as you may end up as wise as me!.... (joking)

Basically the car is now being sold in and arround its correct value but as you probably well know anything it is only worth what someone is willing to pay! I am also happy to keep the car as I'm not desperate for a sale and its worth similar money to me having sold my last Magnum for just under 40k!.....

gasrs92
02-08-10, 11:13 PM
OK, I do now have something to contribute.
I have looked at the pics of the original PH ad and the ebay ad.
Car looks identical.

But I have also carefully studied the descriptions.

And I can reveal that the finishing touches are:

drrrrrums please:

A tonneau cover that doesnt fit.

One hell of a price hike for a piece of car rag added on.

Nite nite Kevin!

Your spelling is a lot better than the previous post that you tried to delete!...

Best get Dolphinboy400 to book you in too!...lol:lol:

janandchris
03-08-10, 07:33 AM
..ever wish you'd never started somthing :(

Neil O
03-08-10, 08:09 AM

Many times. ;)

It's all good sport though.:lol:

I suppose he's no worse than Sovereign who hiked my car by 10k without even touching it. At least their descriptions are generally correct though.:rolleyes:

gasrs92
03-08-10, 08:44 AM

Hi Chris, you never started anything you only made club members aware the car was for sale again, unfortunately some took it as a negative to try and have a pop at me which is really short sighted. Like I said before anyone hiking the price of used Cobras up has shorely got to be a positive should anyone wish to part with theirs in the future!.... Like everything in life I'll soon be yesterdays news!....:D
Sorry you seem to have ended up in the middle of this and thank you for not putting me down yourself.
I have clearly said all I intend to say on the subject now so will not be replying to anymore negative posts, I realy dont feel I have to justify my actions to anyone!.....:) Cheers for now Ronan

Hagster
03-08-10, 01:13 PM
Me personally have no problem with people buying low and selling high and Im sure most people on here have no problem with it.
What I think you will find is people have a problem when you imply lots has been done and it has not, why not just say at the beginning you saw a bargin and now its in the correct price bracket. Also was it just me or did I detect a condescending tone towards other peoples cars / expertise with a little patronising, remember some of these people live and breath these cars and know a lot about what they do.

Plus all the points you mentioned are 100% correct to get a good resale value, but In reading my post maybe I should have asked;
What have you done to the car to improve it, in specifics please?

As Im sure these will be good valid improvments that people could follow for there cars, this site is a mine of information and we all share it for the benifit to all the members. I have done lots of improvments to my SRV8 which Im sure will add to its resale value but im always up for advise and tips about specific things.

Kind Regards Guy

gasrs92
03-08-10, 09:35 PM
Me personally have no problem with people buying low and selling high and Im sure most people on here have no problem with it.
What I think you will find is people have a problem when you imply lots has been done and it has not, why not just say at the beginning you saw a bargin and now its in the correct price bracket. Also was it just me or did I detect a condescending tone towards other peoples cars / expertise with a little patronising, remember some of these people live and breath these cars and know a lot about what they do.

Plus all the points you mentioned are 100% correct to get a good resale value, but In reading my post maybe I should have asked;
What have you done to the car to improve it, in specifics please?

As Im sure these will be good valid improvments that people could follow for there cars, this site is a mine of information and we all share it for the benifit to all the members. I have done lots of improvments to my SRV8 which Im sure will add to its resale value but im always up for advise and tips about specific things.

Kind Regards Guy

Hi Guy

I'm more than happy to have a chat with you, my home and mobile numbers are on ebay. As a matter of interest I also have an SRV8 too which I'm about to start work on. I am completely approachable despite the posts that have been discussed on here! Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards Ronan

Hagster
04-08-10, 10:50 AM
Hi Guy

I'm more than happy to have a chat with you, my home and mobile numbers are on ebay. As a matter of interest I also have an SRV8 too which I'm about to start work on. I am completely approachable despite the posts that have been discussed on here! Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards Ronan

Its ok Ronan, I was prompting you to disclose your upgrades and things on here so we could all benefit.
For example if you search for my posts you will find things like, fitting a DB hard top to an SRV8, 427SC dash template and modification to suit an SRV8, other stuff like extra nose vents I can sort out templates for and I cut an 1" depth out of my oil cooler scoop to help since the SRV8 is very low.

Any knoledge and experiance you can add into the club would be great, if your just going to be evasive when people ask what exactly you have done to the car then as you say your probally just better with your ebay advert and people can mail you from there.

Regards Guy