PDA

View Full Version : Prescott Hill climb 2004

maxGD059
16-04-04, 07:31 AM
Somewhat belatedly I've got my act together on this one. Not entirely my fault as it involved persuading my buisness partner to sacrifice his half day in order for me to go. (Tip -catch 'im on the first day back from holiday when he feels guilty you've been busy). It was an excellent full day out last year in the gorgeous setting of the north edge of the Cotswolds, not far from Cheltenham, & about an hour from me in Leicester. No racing heroics needed, just you, the track, video cameras & a critical expert eye 'advising'. It's not exactly cheap at 170, but that's with everything thrown in including lunch, crash hat if needed etc. Upgrades to competition licence are also available for the very keen (50), & guests are allowed (18.50). the full details & application form are on the Prescott website.

http://www.prescott-hillclimb.com

The day chosen is 11/08/04 & there are 10 places available still, but likely to go fairly quickly now. If still in any doubt, there's a few pics posted from last year when I had my first attempt (just search under prescott pics)

Cheers

Richard
(Hillclimb convert)

Chris Jones
16-04-04, 11:46 AM
I seem to remember this from last year and you posted some top pics

How safe is this? (i) for your pride and joy and (ii) for you?

If you miss a corner do you go bouncing down the hillside or is it fairly forgiving?

i.e. would you recommend it for a novice?

Chris

maxGD059
16-04-04, 02:15 PM
Chris

I was a novice last year & didn't even come close to an 'off'. Its actually quite safe. No-one is pressing you to go fast unlike on a race track, & its all about technique. Yes there is armco & there are slopes to slither down etc, but I believe the accident rate is very low. Infact I think the biggest problem they have is boy racers disappearing off into hedges outside the main gates when they go home! Try it, its great fun.
Cheers

Richard
(Hillclimb convert)

PS haven't you got a GD anyway? If so then there's no worry :tu

maxGD059
16-04-04, 02:17 PM
BTW I didn't mean going into hedges outside the main gates is fun!!!

Cheers

Richard
(Hillclimb convert)

TINKA
16-04-04, 08:27 PM
Hi Richard, was very interested :9 but then Helen saw the price :} :} so I am afraid i will have to give this one a miss :f :f

Martin :tu x(

maxGD059
16-04-04, 08:46 PM
Tinks

But its a whole day out, very educational & will make you a much better, safer driver...........
OK, so i'll lend you my video if you want

Cheers

Richard
(Hillclimb convert)

TINKA
16-04-04, 08:50 PM
Yes please and I will rely on you to make Helen see sense on Sunday.:7 :7 Will you be meeting us at the services to go up in convoy.

Martin :tu

maxGD059
16-04-04, 08:57 PM
Tinks

Yup, did you not get my text? Tony m & I will be arriving in convoy water wings & hydrofoils attached
(Have you seen the forecast & he hasn't got a hood -tee hee hee)

Cheers

Richard
(Hillclimb convert)

TINKA
16-04-04, 09:02 PM
Thats OK Richard cos we have. :7 :7 We will get to see if he is man or mouse :tu

maxGD059
16-04-04, 09:07 PM
Do you think Tony may shrink a bit with all this wet weather driving. He's only just got dry from his SVA apparently. Could do wonders for the power to weight ratio }(

Cheers
Richard
(Hillclimb convert)

Oh no its the red wine again!:sm

TINKA
16-04-04, 10:15 PM
Hmmmmmm, if Tony's clothes shrink x( Tony in a corset :} :} :} no thanks :OT

tonym
17-04-04, 02:46 AM
I think all my clothes have shrunk, even the ones i've not worn in the wet {-} anyway, Apparently, i look quite good in a corset, tinka bell, or so Ali said (just before i broke it, flab and bones everywhere, not a pretty sight i can tell you).
We'll be there on Sunday come rain or shine, hopefully shine, i might drive the cob and Ali come in the taxi if the weather isn't too good.

Talking of wearing corsets, It's obvious who wears the trousers in the tinka household, Be a man Tinka, tell Helen you're going, put your foot down you wimp {-} {-}

Chris Jones
19-04-04, 09:52 AM
Richard,

I am interested and willing to give it a whirl. Bit confused though ... Your post refers to 11th August although there is no event on the website for that date. If the website out of date? What is the exact name of the event? Vintage?

Cheers

Chris

maxGD059
19-04-04, 10:22 AM
Chris

Not sure which website you refer to. I've not posted anywhere else on the forum as yet so perhaps that's what you mean. If you look on the Prescott site you'll see there is a course on wed 11th august on the application form that you can download

http://www.prescott-hillclimb.com

Cheers

Richard
(Hillclimb convert)

maxGD059
19-04-04, 10:27 AM
Aah, see the problem now I've run out of edit time again. You'll need the driving school website, sorry

http://www.prescott-hillclimb-school.co.uk

Cheers

Richard
(Hillclimb convert)