PDA

View Full Version : Traditional Sidepipes

Steve
13-07-10, 01:52 PM
After chasing Gary at sidepipes for 5 months for sidepipes for my next car, I'm giving up, and plan to get my sidepipes made elsewhere as it is now stopping my build progress.

I plan on getting them made in a more traditional dimension and style (whatever that is), and though I have loads of piccies of my last set to use as a reference, I want to give the chaps something more than just a piccie to work from.

They will be a like these on my last cob (but a bit cleaner!!)

I could do with some help. Can anyone with a set of Traditional style sidepipes do me a quick hand drawing of the dims of yours, showing the tube sizes used for each section, and lengths, and angles of the cone pieces? nothing fancy, just a a4 you can fax or scan and mail. Steve and Mark I know used to make these, but no longer do so unfortunately

steve.gullick@yahoo.co.uk

If anyone else is struggling to get traditional style sidepipes, and wants to see if we can do a bit of a "group buy", then let me know by PM, and perhaps we can work something out with the chaps im talking with.

Clarkson
13-07-10, 03:55 PM
Steve, a member here called steve art maybe able to help you?

wilf
13-07-10, 04:43 PM
Is fat boy northern not still making them?

Forum name here - Mark.

kdavies3
13-07-10, 04:47 PM
Unfortunately not Wilf.
Apparently he's moved on to other ventures.
Shame he did good work. :D

Steve maybe he could give some drawings?

kin
13-07-10, 07:27 PM
Hi Steve, I've used Products - JP Exhausts Ltd, Cheshire, UK (http://www.jpexhausts.co.uk/Site/ExhaustsMan.htm) on a number of occasions they could fabricate whatever design you wanted, and very reasonably priced too :D

Hope it helps...

Bigblock
13-07-10, 10:02 PM
Finish Line Accessories (http://www.finishlineaccessories.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=50&products_id=242)

why not these from finishline? paint them black

kdavies3
13-07-10, 10:33 PM
Or better still black ceramic coat. :D

nealgs
14-07-10, 09:26 AM
might also be worth giving these folks a call Performance Exhaust Systems, Stainless Steel Custom Exhaust Manufacturers, Midlands UK (http://www.custom-chrome.co.uk/) - they did the ones on our SRV8, still looking good after 11yrs or so.

rgds
Gary

GARY
14-07-10, 12:15 PM
Hi all,
i also want to convert my SRV8 back to sidepipes, as i have previously mentioned before, i have asked Steve Art who seems willing when i`m ready to go ahead. But i suppose if a group buy got organised i may consider going that route if they are the correct type and a good price.
The problem i have at the moment is i need headers for my Southern Roadcraft to mate to its 350 Chevy, and fit correctly through the body openings that are already there.
I contacted Madgwick about 2 months ago and arranged a deposit to start work on them, but have`nt had any progress report and they never took the deposit from my account.
So i have emailed them, but no reply has come back, so it seems they may let me down if they had started them,and may keep me waiting.
So if anyone can recommend anyone for deffinate i would be grateful, or we could have a group buy on the full system, ie headers and sidepipes that would be even better,
cheers,
Gary.

Steve
14-07-10, 02:22 PM
Gary

a friend of mine on the forum has been chasing madgewick for parts for ages.....with no luck. THe sidepipes shoule be a generic "fit all " type of deal, with just the headers being specific for each car, so you might be able to go with the sidepipes, and get the headers to match. When i did my last set, i fitted pipes first, then made the headers to suit.

Warren
14-07-10, 10:06 PM
They look like mine, Ken at AK made em, with proper inch and three quarter headers. I know he's retired now but the lads will still do them I would have thought. All in stainless, I bet they would be happy to extend the down length of the headers and the width of the collector if you want them the same as the picture.

I think they now do a bigger diameter version as well.

Clarkson
15-07-10, 08:50 PM
Hi all,
i also want to convert my SRV8 back to sidepipes, as i have previously mentioned before, i have asked Steve Art who seems willing when i`m ready to go ahead. But i suppose if a group buy got organised i may consider going that route if they are the correct type and a good price.
The problem i have at the moment is i need headers for my Southern Roadcraft to mate to its 350 Chevy, and fit correctly through the body openings that are already there.
I contacted Madgwick about 2 months ago and arranged a deposit to start work on them, but have`nt had any progress report and they never took the deposit from my account.
So i have emailed them, but no reply has come back, so it seems they may let me down if they had started them,and may keep me waiting.
So if anyone can recommend anyone for deffinate i would be grateful, or we could have a group buy on the full system, ie headers and sidepipes that would be even better,
cheers,
Gary.

I would not bother if I was you, I have given up trying to get hold of them to recfiy there bullshit engineering!!:mad:

Now I have to remake all the parts

As much use as a ashtray on a motor bike.

GARY
16-07-10, 08:03 PM
Hi ,
yeh i probably will try one of the other mentioned companies, i`ll give them a call and see what they can offer me,
Gary.