PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Duty Crimping Tool

britainj
14-07-10, 08:08 AM
Hi All

Currently wiring up my AK and its going okay so far!

I need to fit some tube terminals to my battery cable which is 35mm2 and want to crimp these to the cable rather than soldering.

Is there anyone local who has a heavy duty crimping tool that I could borrow over the weekend, I live just outside Hinckley in Leicestershire.

I can do most of these off the car, but I have fitted the +ve battery cable and need to fit a tube terminal at the engine end to connect to the starter.

Thanks

Jonathan

Todd
14-07-10, 08:18 PM
Hi All

Currently wiring up my AK and its going okay so far!

I need to fit some tube terminals to my battery cable which is 35mm2 and want to crimp these to the cable rather than soldering.

Is there anyone local who has a heavy duty crimping tool that I could borrow over the weekend, I live just outside Hinckley in Leicestershire.

I can do most of these off the car, but I have fitted the +ve battery cable and need to fit a tube terminal at the engine end to connect to the starter.

Thanks

Jonathan
Hi Jonathan,

I have a heavy duty crimping tool you can borrow, I live in Rugby but work in Hinckley let me now I could drop it off on my way home.

Regards

Adrian

britainj
15-07-10, 08:01 AM
Hi Adrian

That would be greatly appreciated. I actually live in Stoney Stanton just outside Hinckley. If you can give me a ring on my mobile 07887 823801 I can give you directions, alternatively I could meet you in Hinckley.

I am not in this evening, but will be about on Friday.

Thanks, speak to you soon.

Jonathan