PDA

View Full Version : Next meet

westborne
26-07-10, 07:05 AM
OK time flies when you are having fun !!

It seems only two weeks ago that we won two awards ( Have I mentioned that before ?)

The next venue is Mt Edgecumbe Classic car and Country Fair show on Sunday the 1st August - PL10 1HZ

Barrie is suggesting we meet at the Route 38 Cafe on the A38 at Trerulefoot Roundabout next to the Shell garage at 9.15 to 9.30 - PL12 5BL

(He has the Gazebo - I will attempt to remember to bring the flag)

See you there weather permitting

Neil O
26-07-10, 12:07 PM
Hey Queenie, do we have to book in advance for Mt E?

andy l
26-07-10, 12:23 PM
Hey Queenie, do we have to book in advance for Mt E?

There is a form to complete and £5 enterance fee, or iam sure you can pay on the day, the gov has got forms if you email him, but its getting late to send and get back, Andy :(

westborne
26-07-10, 02:02 PM
Oakley - do the usual - turn up on the day - blag your way in - after we have set up the gazebo - laid the table - made the tea and got the fairy cakes out !!

(talking of table - you got ours?)

Alternatively Google Mt Edgecumbe and find tel number to call.

You will be alright if you pay on the day

Neil O
26-07-10, 03:59 PM
You "miss"understood my question.

I have absolutely no intention of paying to get in....;)

Table?

What table? :oops:

How much did it cost?

Where could I find a replacement if it kind of, erm, well, accidentally got crushed under the wheels of a 7.5t lorry?

Not that it has been crushed of course....just checking.;)

westborne
27-07-10, 09:27 AM
That Table Oakley - was carried accross India by my Great Grandfather whilst fighting in the uprising. Indeed it saved his life many times - including using it as a raft on the Ghanges River. On one famous occasion it deflected a mortar round into a bus load of accountants - - therebye saving a fortune in personality transplants!

It is a family heirloom of great personal worth to my family.

I would be distraught if any harm had come to it and there would be much wailing and nashing of teeth.

(Have a look in B&Q)

Neil O
27-07-10, 11:59 AM
Have you received the ransom note yet?

westborne
27-07-10, 01:39 PM
Yes - it was attached to the housebrick which knocked me unconcious about an hour ago !

I will not bend to pressure of this sort - once they have let me out of this ward - I will be seeking retribution !!

(Isn't it down there on the left after the Blockbusters store ?)

The note was not signed so I am working in the dark - or is it that the NHS forgot to pay the leccy bill?

The note was not explicit about what happens if I don't fork out for the ransom ?

This thread is beginning to get silly

Neil O
27-07-10, 03:05 PM
Cough up or you will get a leg of the table through your letterbox.

westborne
30-07-10, 08:40 AM
As its Friday - Just another nudge - Mt Edgecumbe - Sunday the 1st August - meet at Route 38 Cafe at 9.30 ish

See you there !!

Oakley - bring proof of life

Neil O
30-07-10, 09:54 AM
Careful Queenie, I have a loaded hacksaw. :mrgreen:

lurch
31-07-10, 12:01 PM
Good show at Wadebridge a couple of weeks ago. Some pics attached.

westborne
31-07-10, 02:01 PM
Aaaah ! Lurch has emerged from the laboratory !

(Much lightening and noise!!)

I see you managed to work it out

Well Done !! - might see you tomorrow ?

srv8dave
31-07-10, 08:30 PM
Just looked at the forecast for tomorrow, wish I hadn't bothered now!:rolleyes:

andy l
31-07-10, 08:43 PM
Hopefully weather will hold off for us, just sorted the fuel hose out, so cob should make it, see you in the morning, Andy ;)

jimbo007
01-08-10, 05:47 PM
Hi to all,

Sorry I missed the show today. I have just finished nights so I was in bed most of the day. Hope you all had a great time.

I will make the effort to be at the next meet.

Cheers
Jim

andy l
01-08-10, 07:01 PM
Good to see you all today, shame about the weather :mad: still a very good turn out, well done to Dave for best cob on show, hope to see some pics boys, hope you all made it home safe, see you soon, Andy ;)

srv8dave
01-08-10, 09:17 PM
Cheers Andy,
Nice to catch up with you all, see you in the new year!
Bonus getting best kit car trophy, almost made up for the rain!
Dave

Neil O
02-08-10, 05:52 AM
Good to see all you guys and girls again. :D

I don't think Barry "Princess of Sheba" is going to ever take over from Chris "Queen of Sheba" if he can't even get the weather organised for an event. :rolleyes:;)

Andy, good work with the stand mate, it's going to look fantastic at the show.

Dave, you were right, black is obviously the new black.:D

westborne
02-08-10, 06:38 AM
Well - another award for the team - (actually Dave but we bask in the reflected glory!)

It was wet !! - Hopefully you all got back without getting too drenched? - We have decided we need a bigger Gazebo !! - The Mazda Club get one issued per region !! - (I feel yet another SW Whip round coming on )

Good turn out including Matts 8 litre Dax !! - Great Colour !!

How come Tim W's sidescreens actually fit ?

Some piccies - please feel free to add - and Dave a picture of the trophy would be good !!

At least I remembered the flag this time

Next meet is the first Sunday in Septemeber when Anthony will be organising

There is the "Show on the Hoe at Plymouth on the 22nd August" - I have lost the flyer so perhaps somebody kept one ?

srv8dave
02-08-10, 08:27 AM
I seem to remember you lot drove off to let me collect said trophy in ever increasing rain, so much for shared basking of glory:rolleyes:
Anyway, here it is.

westborne
02-08-10, 08:37 AM
Absolutely brilliant !!

Well Done that man!!

I apologise profusely for my fellow members who couldn't wait to get out - poor show - us not being there and applauding - (especially as I had already mugged you for £25 !)

Shows what a bit of rain will do !!

Any way Dave it was good to see you - look after yourself in Southern Hemisphere and stay safe - see you after Christmas !!

Neil O
02-08-10, 01:26 PM
The show was a bit boring for this lady. ;)

Neil O
02-08-10, 01:29 PM
Some guys just get away with murder!

I can't imagine getting my missus to polish the car while I stand a watch over her to make sure it's done correctly. :eek:

westborne
02-08-10, 02:28 PM
For one who yet again - pulled off a "Powderham" I think you had better bite your tongue

Thanks again for the coffee at Route 38

(Did you actually aver get any change from the £20?)

I enclose picture to remind us what sunny days look like !!

Neil O
02-08-10, 04:05 PM
Yes, I got my change thanks.

It's not the money mate, it's just the fact that I can brag to MikeT about getting in for nothing next time I see him.:D

langbond 15
02-08-10, 08:16 PM
Some guys just get away with murder!

I can't imagine getting my missus to polish the car while I stand a watch over her to make sure it's done correctly. :eek:
my missus is polishing( HER CAR ), i didnt do it properly . steve :lol:

andy l
02-08-10, 08:26 PM
Chris, had a look round today, best i could find for the shelter, Winwood Outdoor, price £115 and sunwall £13.50, Andy ;)

langbond 15
02-08-10, 08:26 PM
I seem to remember you lot drove off to let me collect said trophy in ever increasing rain, so much for shared basking of glory:rolleyes:
Anyway, here it is.
WELL DONE DAVE sorry we didnt stay but 2 and half hour drive home in the rain and no roof thought we had better make a move.see you soon steve & nikki :oops:

Neil O
02-08-10, 10:45 PM
Steve, how's your Afghan billy goat? ;)

westborne
03-08-10, 07:28 AM
Andy - have looked up Winwood - yup thats the cheapest - probably cos they're out of stock !!

Will watch site

By the way did you get my message about Goodridge ?

LAURIESPARKY
03-08-10, 12:00 PM
Sorry Dave
We had to leave early as well, due to the rain, and as we got closer home the sun came out , I guess we need to order the sun for next year Ha Ha:p
Congrates on the trophy
Laurie & Chris

LAURIESPARKY
03-08-10, 12:15 PM
Hi Chris
I just found a company Ashbys online and they have 8 in stock for£118.99 and £13.03 p&p or we could collect from Kingsbridge They are selling 3/4 a day at this price
Dont know if this is a help ,I dont mind going halves to puschase, then collect money later
Laurie:lol:

westborne
03-08-10, 01:15 PM
Laurie - leave it for now

That is roughly the same price I can get from elsewhere.

We'll get one - I'll just sort out the cash on the stand first if I may so I've got a clear picture of the next Coleman purchase aspiration

stu e
03-08-10, 01:43 PM
Glad you all had fun Sunday.
I got up looked at the weather and remembered last time there, I still have the holes in the floor to let the water out:lol:.
Hope to catch up with you on the 22nd, if you work out where you're going.

Stu.

westborne
03-08-10, 02:17 PM
Yup it was the same as last time - just as wet but nt so mant trafic queues.

22nd - probably show on the Hoe - will let you know

timw
03-08-10, 03:16 PM
Chris

Tom and I bumped into a bloke called Mancob on the Sunday who said our gazebo was rubbish and that he could build a far better one for £12.93 + vat.
I refused to say anything but you might want to send him a pm.

Cheers
Tim

langbond 15
03-08-10, 08:39 PM
Steve, how's your Afghan billy goat? ;)
billy goat ? i thought it was a nanny nic's been trying to milk it for the last two days:confused:

westborne
04-08-10, 08:56 AM
Sorry i missed mancob - I'm sure Neil o would have liked to shake his ****

I am approaching an executive decision to go purchase the Coleman Shelter then throw myself on your generosity

Probably get it in time for Ants do in at Absolute Horsepower

Billy Goat is completely above my head !!

andy l
15-08-10, 05:11 PM
Well had final fit of the frame and back cloth today, all went well and after some final adjustments, its looking good, 8) iam sure the leader will be along with some pics later, thanks for all that chipped in with the costs and cath for all her hard work on the back coth, and thanks for the bacon sandwich, all the best Andy ;)

Chimeara
15-08-10, 05:32 PM
Glad I was of technical assistance via the phone today. Sounds like you got it up in the end then.

andy l
15-08-10, 05:45 PM
Glad I was of technical assistance via the phone today. Sounds like you got it up in the end then.

Yes, you all know what chris is like building things :confused:, well he did well today, "top rep" ;) Andy

westborne
16-08-10, 07:54 AM
Yup the stand is looking excellent - I will post pictures when I remember where I put my camera.

Westpoint stand has been confirmed by Cookie and we have space for two cars.

Andy L has done an excellent job !! and the back cloth is nearly there - Thanks Kath !!

Grand Gazebo opening at Anthony's on September the 5th !!!

Plymouth Show on the Hoe on August the 22nd.