PDA

View Full Version : East Mids Area August Meet

V8bassman
28-07-10, 04:17 PM
Hi All,
This months meet will be on Sunday 15th August at Barnsdale, on Rutland Water. The idea is to meet up at midday, have an early afternoon picnic (or barbecue - bring your own!) followed by a scenic drive around the area. The postcode is LE15 8AB, map ref 52.66823 / -0.65650. To reach the car park, turn south off the A606 opposite Barnsdale Lodge. There is a charge to enter the car park of 2 or 3 but dont let that put you off!
If the weather is bad, we can move to the Fox & Hounds at Exton which is only a couple of miles away.
Hope to see you there,

JimmyJazz
29-07-10, 12:22 AM
I'll be there, rain or shine as on holiday at the moment and missing cob (sad I know)

SidewaysFast
05-08-10, 06:31 AM
Bugger bugger bugger! :-(

Holidaying in Cornwall/Devon then.

There are some fantastic roads in the area - i'm sure you'll all have a great day! :D

Iain
05-08-10, 06:09 PM
Sorry Dave but I'm not going to be able to make it. I'm going to be chucking me boules around at a Petanque (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A9tanque) competition in Peterborough.

Hopefully up for Septembers meet!

Cheers...

spoonies
05-08-10, 08:06 PM
Hi Dave
Sorry, I'll be away on holiday also.
Not wishing to hi-jack thread, just thoughtthe following might be of interest to other East Midlanders.

Jenny Wren Dream Rides event on PH.
Lincolnshire Charity Sports & Supercar Day - Sept 2010 (http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=840844&d=0&nmt)

It'll be on 4th Sept this year and is all for charity.
Cobras are very popular, even thought they get even more exotic cars like F40's, Lambo's, late model Porsches etc. Just costs 10 or 20 for a passenger ride in something interesting.
Static display cars also welcome and the food's pretty good.
Nothing to do with me personally, it's just an event I like to go to and support.
Regards
Colin

wilf
06-08-10, 07:44 PM
Not sure I should show my face, I appear to be in the middle of an "upset every phuker by telling the truth" phase...........:rolleyes:

Oh hell who gives a $hit - weather permitting I will be there. The car knows the way to Barnsdale.

Sorry. :mrgreen:

wayne AK Lincolnw
09-08-10, 08:22 PM
Sorry, won't be able to make it either. In-laws visiting. Are you trying Ashby Folville again?

V8bassman
13-08-10, 08:46 PM
Last minute reminder for Sundays meet, hope we have lots of cobras there.
See you Sunday :cool:

wilf
13-08-10, 09:01 PM
Weather permitting...............;)

TonyD
13-08-10, 10:30 PM
All being well Bodger and Blagger could be attending in the although the visit to a Grantham curry emporium on the Saturday evening may necesitate an exclusion zone around us the following day...... if you don't like garlic.

Cheers,

Tony:D:D

Tony Merry
14-08-10, 09:11 AM
Yes can make this one, this will be my first meet,see you there, but can't do the run, will have to get back for dad,(full time carer) cheers.

Firestarter29
14-08-10, 03:41 PM
May even get lucky with the weather according to Met office website. May bring the roof just in case, not for me but for Kay - honest !

pete knighton
15-08-10, 09:17 AM
morning all, sorry chaps & chapesses cannot get today as the mighty forest are at home, pete

Big A
15-08-10, 10:04 AM
Hi Pete

It us us that should be sorry for you :)

Will be there between 12 and 12 30. Cath is coming so timing will be up in the air;)

Regards Alan

wilf
15-08-10, 10:47 AM
Can't make it after all. :( To try to be delicate (unusual, I know) let's just say that I daren't stray too far from the room with the supply of Andrex this morning.

V8bassman
15-08-10, 06:36 PM
Can't make it after all. :( To try to be delicate (unusual, I know) let's just say that I daren't stray too far from the room with the supply of Andrex this morning.

Too much information :o Hope you used the Andrex instead of the puppy :oops: