PDA

View Full Version : Surrey / Sussex Run 8th August

greenwood03
02-08-10, 08:36 AM
It seems that Le Blat Deux didnt stir your souls.....
so how about something closer to home?
just a heads up that a few of us from Southernkitcars will be meeting up at Newlands Corner ( between Guildford + Shere on the A25 easily found via google )and having a gentle run down to the Chalet Cafe at Cowfold ( just off the A272 ).
if anyone fancies joining in the run you'd be most welcome.
We'll be meeting at 08.15 + leaving there at 08.30, to get to the Chalet for 9.30.
and in case anyone fancies a longer run......a couple of us will actually have a pre-meet meet, at Buck Barn ( a24/a272 ) at approx 07.15 to have a meander up to Newlands. Details in terms of timing for this will be on the SKCC site here Southernkitcars Forum For Owners of Kit Cars: Kent, Sussex, East Hants, Surrey, East Berks, Middlesex, South London • View topic - Sunday 8th Aug - anyone fancy a Surrey Run? (http://www.southernkitcars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=520&p=5565#p5565)

greenwood03
08-08-10, 11:12 PM
'wot no cobs'.....thought 1-2 of you might have come out to play - sun was in the sky and a healthy brekkie was in the offing! Had a mixed bag of 7'esque type cars ( 17 ) Cats/westies/tigers/oh and a cple of Phoenix as well.
Cracking run down some fgine roads - topped off with banter and full english.
next time?????

steveym
09-08-10, 07:35 AM
Sorry mate - was away this weekend...meybe next time :-)

Noel
09-08-10, 09:50 AM
Me too.....fresh back from Dubai and a gearbox in bits on my workbench.....definitely next time :cool:

craggle
09-08-10, 10:02 AM
I was just getting back from my hols in Turkey but I'll try for the next one.

Craig.

greenwood03
09-08-10, 10:19 AM
guys, totally understand that its 'silly season' so many things happening, shows, hols and goodness knows what else. Just be nice to see the odd Cob out to break up the 7'esque cars :) ( + they're a fav of mine ).

I don't know if there'll be anything between here and then, but i will try and get support for a bit of a run on the 5th Sept ( sunday ). There's an open morning at a Company called Southways down at Fareham. They're builders + repairers of kits...Now i appreciate that Fareham for many is perhaps a bit out of the way ( although a good excuse to hit the coast ). But will prob try to arrange a run that stops short of there for brekkie and those that want to go on can, and those that want to head for home can do so via their own route.
Likely start points would be newlands corner and buck barn ( so a25 just east guildford , and a24/a272 junction ). Likely converging somewhere like Midhurst or Petersfield.