PDA

View Full Version : West Midlands next midweek meet

nick986
08-08-10, 08:24 PM
The next drive out for the West Midlands/Shropshire area will be on Wednesday 25th August 2010 at the Junction Inn Norbury.
The Junction Inn Country Inn and Restaurant
Norbury Junction, Stafford
Staffordshire, ST20 0PN
http://www.norburyjunction.com/ (http://www.norburyjunction.com/)
As the nights are getting shorter I suggest we meet at 6:30pm onwards.
I will not book any tables but they do serve food if you want to eat. Full menu details on the web site.
As before, I will check the weather on Monday the 23rd Aug and keep you all updated.
Nick

Stopmeandbuy1
09-08-10, 08:35 PM
Weather permitting, I'll be there Nick,

edward
10-08-10, 11:32 AM
:cool:yes nick count me in if it's dry.

nick986
23-08-10, 01:31 PM
The met man at work has advised me that Tuesday 24th looks to be better than Wednesday 25th.
Weather forecast
Tuesday
Dry at first with some sunny periods. Scattered, mainly light showers develop during the morning and afternoon but should clear by evening.
Wednesday
Mostly dry and bright on Wednesday, but rain arriving from the west later.
I know its last minute again, but I would rather go for tomorrow Tuesday 24th than have to cancel on Wednesday. Due to it getting dark early this might be the last chance for an evening drive out.
Sorry in advance for the last minute changes.
I will check the weather in the morning and post a reply at lunchtime and make a final decision, like last time at 5 pm.
Hope you are happy with this change? If not sack me.
Best regards
Nick

bloke from stoke
23-08-10, 07:28 PM
The met man at work has advised me that Tuesday 24th looks to be better than Wednesday 25th.
Weather forecast
Tuesday
Dry at first with some sunny periods. Scattered, mainly light showers develop during the morning and afternoon but should clear by evening.
Wednesday
Mostly dry and bright on Wednesday, but rain arriving from the west later.
I know its last minute again, but I would rather go for tomorrow Tuesday 24th than have to cancel on Wednesday. Due to it getting dark early this might be the last chance for an evening drive out.
Sorry in advance for the last minute changes.
I will check the weather in the morning and post a reply at lunchtime and make a final decision, like last time at 5 pm.
Hope you are happy with this change? If not sack me.
Best regards
Nick

Sacking is far too good for you, now flogging, there's a punishment, only kidding mate, working late Tuesday so can't make it again, sorry. I am off work wednesday though:rolleyes: and no early start thursday, bugger:(

Kind regards Lester;)

nick986
24-08-10, 01:10 PM
Weather update at lunch time 24 Aug 2010. Windy with an increase in cloud this afternoon, with an occasional light shower. Showers dying out later but still the chance of the odd light one.

I chat with the met man later and I will post again at 5pm with a decision.

Nick

nick986
24-08-10, 05:01 PM
Ok chaps its on. If you are in the south of the region you might see a band of showers moving east towards Birmingham. These are moving very quick on his radar and should clear. He can never rule out the odd light shower, but the cloud should start to disperse with increasing amounts of sunshine and the wind dropping down.
See you there.
Thanks to lester he noticed the post code for the Junction Inn does not point to the right place on google maps. The Pub is on the West bank of the river. There is only one Junction in at Norbury.
Try and park together and facing the same way (makes for better photo opportunity).
Nick

Stopmeandbuy1
24-08-10, 09:10 PM
Phew, weather just held off, nice to meet you all again, well done Nick you found somewhere open :)

nick986
24-08-10, 10:08 PM
I got caught in a shower only a few miles from the Pub, but it was nice too meet up with you all, even if you did turn up in a tin top (Lester). Thanks for the drink hope to see you and many more on the 3rd Oct at Cosford Museum.

richard mason
25-08-10, 12:47 PM
Also just managed to get home with just a slight shower to dampen the side-pipes :)
Enjoyed the chat, hope to make the next one.
We need an indian summer 8-)
Richard

bloke from stoke
25-08-10, 01:26 PM
I got caught in a shower only a few miles from the Pub, but it was nice too meet up with you all, even if you did turn up in a tin top (Lester). Thanks for the drink hope to see you and many more on the 3rd Oct at Cosford Museum.

Now then Nick I think that comment is a little harsh, given that I was still at work at 6.15pm so had no time to go home and get the car, did nearly 30 miles in a little over 30 mins, just to support the fledgling mid week meet event and I bought you drink. Some folks are hard to please;):p:p

Regards Lester

Oh and it's not a tin top it's a shed:p:p