PDA

View Full Version : Anybody seen Gary / Gwak from sidepipes.co.uk?

Gonch
23-08-10, 11:14 PM
Hi All,
Has Anybody seen or heard from Gary / Gwak from sidepipes.co.uk? Last email was over 2 weeks ago and now hes not replying! Phone just rings! Hes got my car so getting a little worried!

Cheers

Fraz

Steve
24-08-10, 10:08 AM
I gave up weeks ago trying to gethold of him to get my sidepipes promised for February!

chaps at GD have got them made up for me now

Stevednorris
24-08-10, 10:43 AM
This does seem to be a common post,not a good way to run a buisness!

Cogs
24-08-10, 12:36 PM
dont worry he is still about but he away at the moment and back next week. He is really busy, best to email him. Cogs

V8 BJC
24-08-10, 01:15 PM
I gave up weeks ago trying to gethold of him to get my sidepipes promised for February!

chaps at GD have got them made up for me now

Do you have them?

Do you need the other set to be collected anytime soon?

Clarkson
24-08-10, 02:07 PM
dont worry he is still about but he away at the moment and back next week. He is really busy, best to email him. Cogs

Yeah the same old story I got! He let me down BIG time, put me behind at least a month!:mad:

AK cars saved the day for me, made and posted in 3days!

robcob
24-08-10, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE=Clarkson;370002]Yeah the same old story I got! He let me down BIG time,
Ditto,complete waste of time.
rob

Cogs
24-08-10, 03:40 PM
I think you guys are being unfair, he offers great products at low prices so demand is high. He has done loads of work for me and ok sometimes dates change, but I would certainly recommend him, just be aware that he's up against it to cope with demand.

Clarkson
24-08-10, 04:00 PM
I think you guys are being unfair, he offers great products at low prices so demand is high. He has done loads of work for me and ok sometimes dates change, but I would certainly recommend him, just be aware that he's up against it to cope with demand.

He has done good for for me in the past, but I heard from here that there is no contact after parts have been ordered and a friend has waited 6 months for his sidepipes with no contact at all. I give him the benefit of the doubt and ordered a roll hoop from him. I had good contact from him through out the week, he tells me the hoop is finished and asked for an address to send it too. That was the last I ever heard from him and chased him for a hole month, without a single reply text, email or phone call!! I did not even get a sorry!

Bad business me thinks!

Stevednorris
24-08-10, 04:11 PM
I don't think in all the posts on here about Gary, anybody has said anything about his products being poor quality. However a bad reputation is a lot easier to get than a good one. After reading posts on here about his reliability, I think a lot of people will think twice about sending work his way.

I've had a few small items from him, always arrived quickly and I was pleased with the quailty, however, I would think twice about ordering from him if I needed something in a rush.

Lloyd Barnes
24-08-10, 04:49 PM
think things were eaiser when therewas someone helping but when i was there last he_d let him go. For me he's way too cheap.. He should split the difference between his current prices and the competition... And use the extra profit to hire someone to help. Shame as the parts i got were brilliant quality.

robcob
24-08-10, 05:05 PM
Theres no denying is work is very good,but i too work for myself and if i said the job would be done in 6 weeks and 8 months later i stopped answering the phone and emails i'd be out of work,somethings wrong when theres a wheres my sidepipes thread popping up on here nearly every week.

seph
24-08-10, 05:11 PM
I to spoke to Gary about sidepipes for my car and gave up on him in the end. I got an initial response and then after about a month of no response to emails or phone calls, I gave up.

Paul

Les
24-08-10, 09:29 PM
I gave up on him as well.
I was hoping to get my car on the road this summer but no chance of that now because of his total lack of customer service!