PDA

View Full Version : Pair of headrests wanted

hfbradley01
24-08-10, 12:18 PM
Before I go down the road of making a pair of headrests for my Viper or buying a pair from a scrappy and modifying them, does anybody have an SVA compliant set for sale ?

Ideally they would bolt onto the back of the seat, so that I only need to modify the seat to mount them.

Cheers

chesterak
24-08-10, 12:52 PM
Hi Howard, how's it going?
The dimensions of the headrests can depend on the height of the seat back. Probably best to measure up the seat in relation to squab height, seatbelt pull etc. as you may end up with something unsuitable.

For example, Interior Seating make bespoke headrests dependent upon kit make so I don't think there is a one size fits all type of headrest.

HTH

hfbradley01
24-08-10, 05:24 PM
Hi Stan,

As you can see, your unfinished project is still unfinished, however it's getting very close.

I was hoping the Interior Seating headrests would have bolted onto the back of the seat, but apparently they pass through the top of the seat.

I've taken the cover off one of the seats and it won't be difficult to weld in a frame, I just need to make sure of the height as you have mentioned.

Never a dull moment.

Hi Howard, how's it going?
The dimensions of the headrests can depend on the height of the seat back. Probably best to measure up the seat in relation to squab height, seatbelt pull etc. as you may end up with something unsuitable.

For example, Interior Seating make bespoke headrests dependent upon kit make so I don't think there is a one size fits all type of headrest.

HTH