PDA

View Full Version : Next SW Meet - 5th September

westborne
31-08-10, 06:52 AM
OK Guys and Gals

The new shelter has arrived – Grand opening at the Next meet – (bring money!)

The next 1st Sunday meet is at Absolute Horsepower at Chelston near Wellington on Sunday the 5th September.

Anthony Hale (the Managing Director and CEO) is throwing an open workshop and garden - (assisted by the lovely Em).

(In other words the pubs in the Area aren’t that good !!)

Anthony is offering you a chance to put your car up on his lift if you wanna play

So we are parking on his lawn or at the workshop adjacent.

His address is:-

Ivy Cottage
Chelston
Wellington
Somerset
TA21 9PH.

BRING A PICNIC – and Chairs – Anthony might put the kettle on !!

I suggest if you want to use the ramp you turn up about 11 ish – otherwise aim for lunchtime

Directions

The place is on the A38 south of Taunton nr Wellington

If you come off the M5 at J26 and head toward Taunton – you hit a main Roundabout on the A38 (New Pub called the Skylark on the Roundabout )
Take the A38 south towards Exeter
Over the next new roundabout (after about 40yds) and the stay on the A38 for at least 200 yds !!
Pass the Greenslades caravan Park on your left AND TURN IMMEDIATELY Left between the CP and Chelston Nursery.
If you miss this turn and carry on you will pass Anthonys place on your left but there is no access from that side
Down the lane for about 50 yds and Turn right parallel to A38 south

Anthony is 300Yds up on the Right.

andy l
31-08-10, 01:39 PM
Thanks chris, hope to see you sunday will be good if the weather holds, Andy ;)

cobrap
31-08-10, 09:04 PM
Yep , depending on the weather, I plan to travel down from Wiltshire (Bradford On Avon) and to be there with my good lady by around lunchtime.

Shall I bring some fresh tea bags Anthony or can you get a couple more cups outta the one we used last time ? :-)

aksportscars
01-09-10, 11:47 AM
Thats if after your service at AHpower the car makes it there. LMAO

Regards jon

cobrap
01-09-10, 07:19 PM
Thats if after your service at AHpower the car makes it there. LMAO

Regards jon

Treading on thin ice aren't we Jon :lol: - But it OK.
It downhill all way to 'Tony place. :wink:

westborne
03-09-10, 11:22 AM
No need to shout John!!!

By the way - for those coming on Sunday - Ant has promised to lock up the peacocks cos they get very noisy!!

Chimeara
03-09-10, 11:36 AM
Lol Jon just didnt like me showing him how to put these things together properly this week while I was collecting and putting together some of my new demonstrator at there place.

Yeah Sunday should be good, Peacocks will be restrained, Edna will be glamed up and serving the necessary (thats tea and coffee by the way) and il be all hand son deck for anyone who wants to use the lift.

Should be bit of a car show here, I myself have a car freshly back from the paint shop. A complete LS3 AK and an LS3 rolling chassis for everyone to ponder over

Hope the weather holds

Neil O
03-09-10, 02:53 PM
Nothing decent on display then? :twisted:

:wink:

Chimeara
03-09-10, 02:58 PM
Nope the crendon will have to park down the lane after the oil spill it leaves every time it parks on the Tarmac. Only gay fuel injected modern blocks and power steering allowed lol

cobrap
03-09-10, 05:16 PM
...Only gay fuel injected modern blocks and power steering allowed lol

B*gger :-(...

Neil O
04-09-10, 04:07 AM
B*gger :-(...

So you've been to Antony's bbq before then? :shock:

tigergreen
04-09-10, 07:26 AM
Nuts! :(
Having picked up up my part-built Sumo last weekend, I was looking forward to making this my first meet tomorrow and hopefully get lots of tips etc for the rest of the build.
But the bleddy speedo has decided to pack up on my tin top. Having an auto box, it relies on signals from the speedo to engage the correct gear. No speedo means no upper gears and so only able to pull 50mph max (according to satnav).
I'll try to persuade wifey to lend me hers, but can't see her wanting to be 'stranded' at home with the kids. (They certainly wouldn't want to come along - they just don't get kit cars.)
Oh well, maybe next time...

tigergreen
05-09-10, 08:36 AM
I,ve managed to persuade other half to lend me her car.
It's raining here in Plymouth at mo' (9.30) and looking at beeb weather looks like it'll be raining in Somerset.
So, will this effect people's decision to go?
(I'm hoping there'll be a Sumo or two to be able to look at -should I go)

Andy C.

stu e
05-09-10, 09:10 AM
I was thinking of going, but given the weather, I think me and my Sumo wont be going out to play:(
Stu

Murray
05-09-10, 09:13 AM
We are going in my missis car (overheating on my Viper, still don't trust it) but there will be a few Cobra's there. Can't say what types though. Come along, you will have plenty to talk about anyway.

LAURIESPARKY
05-09-10, 09:25 AM
Hi Guys Sorry can,t make it today as weather is hissing down.Catch up soon with some money Laurie and Chris:(

westborne
05-09-10, 09:27 AM
Hood is on the DAX - I'm going cos I've got the shelter

Hope there are enough to help put it up !!!

tigergreen
05-09-10, 09:29 AM
Okaydoke.
I'll be setting off in a minute. (Should get there about 12ish)
Pity you're not going Stu E (I met you at the Hoe meet)

Chimeara
05-09-10, 09:32 AM
Plenty to see in workshop just wipe your feet as I only just painted floor and it's gleaming lol. Kettle is primed and ready but I'm slowly eating all the cake. See you all soon

stu e
05-09-10, 09:44 AM
Pity you're not going Stu E (I met you at the Hoe meet)[/QUOTE]

That was a slightly damp day as well:rolleyes:

Murray
05-09-10, 04:56 PM
Many thanks to Anthony for hosting us and providing the tea, coffee, cakes, etc. It was not a bad day in the end, turned out warm and dry. Poor Anthony and Emma had to make the trip to Guildford at the close of play with a wonderfull silver AK for a customer.
Nice to meet everyone again, old and new, hope everyone had a good trip home.

andy l
05-09-10, 05:14 PM
Good to see everybody old and some new faces, welcome to the club. the new shelter looks great, and is far better than the old one, well worth the money, nice to see Paddy, hope you make a speedy recovery, best wishes mate.
Love the new gen 3 AK chassis and LS3 setup, fit out is top class, that will be a very nice car when completed, well done ant
See you all soon, Andy ;)

cobrap
05-09-10, 05:27 PM
Got back in about an hour and a half with no delays.

What a great day out and big thanks to everyone for making Joc & me so welcome.

In all the furore at the end though I forgot say 'bye and thanks to Anthony and Emma, so "Bye Anthony & Emma and thanks for all the eye candy."

Meanwhile Chris, your chat of baffling in the sidepipes (or lack of it) must have been overheard by the Daxs. . . . . I got home to find the passenger side exhaust almost apart at the join, with wadding poking out!!!Currently waiting for everything to cool down so as I can put it all back together again.
Don't you just love 'em.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again at Exeter.

westborne
05-09-10, 05:42 PM
Well - I will post tomorrow with some piccies - good to meet so many new faces - and thanks everyone for the chip in - even the newcomers - genuine thanks all -I am constantly amazed at your generosity !!

The shelter is now paid for and only leaves the table and chandalier to cover (we do things in style in the SW)

It was good to see two DB cars side by side - the colour looks familar !!

the new shelter is a great success (except I have written to the suppliers ref some delivery damage - watch this space!)

Robin and the new faces - please don't assume we always drink that much - normally we have far more white sparkling on tap !! - I had to catch up when I got home!!

Piccies tomorrow - watch this space.

tigergreen
05-09-10, 05:51 PM
As a 'newbie' I'd like to thank you all for making me welcome. It was nice to put faces to names. I'm sorry I didn't get round to meeting all of you but I'm sure that'll happen at forthcoming meets.
I'd particularly like to thank Tom for letting me look over his Sumo and Steve, Stu and Anthony for giving me other tips etc w.r.t my build.
It was certainly a worthwhile trip.
Again, Thankyou Anthony and Em for being such good hosts.

Andy C.

Neil O
05-09-10, 07:26 PM
Thanks Ant and Edna.

Slightly too many faggotyarsed injected cars for my liking.....;)

Chimeara
05-09-10, 09:14 PM
Thanks guys for all the comments. Hope it was an enjoyable day and made a change to the usual meets.

I do have to just say though please please please can we all call my lovely girlfriend Emily. She is giving me hell for being called Emma. Everyone mistakes it but it's me that gets it in the ear lol.

Shelter looked good even with the tear and by Christ can't the cobra club wags drink.

Robin no problem mate was good to see you. Look forward to seeing some of the pics you took

Just literally got back from Guildford and dropping car off. That's 1350 miles in 4 days so off to bed now.

Catch you all soon

Murray
05-09-10, 09:34 PM
Sorry, Sorry Sorry Emma, erm I mean EMILY, my daughter in law is an Emma, so got used to that, SORRY EMILY.don't give Anthony too much of a hard time, well just a bit maybe!! Thanks for a lovely day and all your hard work.

westborne
06-09-10, 06:46 AM
Well it was good to see two DB cars reunited and the Hard top was much admired!!

The new shelter is a cracker - and even we could put it up without too much confusion.

Welcome to the travellers from deepest Cornwall the Sumo looks Great

Ants new demonstrator looks the business!!

Award winning biscuits missing !!

And Emily looked lovely as well !!

Neil O
06-09-10, 10:17 AM
Emma, Enid, Elaine, Edna, Emelda, Elizabeth, Edith, Edwina, Eileen, Eleanor, Elicia, Ellen, Elspeth, Erika, Ester, Ethel, Evelyn, Evonne......

anything except Emily. :D

I'm prepared for a good kicking from Em next time I'm visiting Ant. :oops:

Neil O
07-09-10, 07:37 AM
Looks like I might be in for a kicking from Antony too.:oops::eek:

I only suggested that there might be a stray chicken drumstick somewhere in his workshop.....

No way did I expect him to spend several hours turning the place upside down looking for it! :shock:

Ant, thanks for the lesson yesterday on different ways to make up a sentence only using swear words mate. ;)

cobrap
07-09-10, 04:38 PM
"Where's the Drumstick" Caption Competition:

In not more than 12 expletives let us know what you think Ant is saying to Neil...and why Chris looks so interested (has he seen where the drumstick is hiding?)

cobrap
07-09-10, 04:42 PM
Meanwhile, if the above is a little too taxing, here are some more pics from Sunday:

cobrap
07-09-10, 04:44 PM
...and a few more:

tigergreen
07-09-10, 04:49 PM
"Where's the Drumstick" Caption Competition:

In not more than 12 expletives let us know what you think Ant is saying to Neil...and why Chris looks so interested (has he seen where the drumstick is hiding?)

I think Ant's saying :

"..Never mind the drumstick - who's nicked the friggin' wishbone!!? "

cobrap
07-09-10, 04:54 PM
I think Ant's saying :

"..Never mind the drumstick - who's nicked the friggin' wishbone!!? "

Very Good...That'll take some beating:!:

Neil O
07-09-10, 05:57 PM
Antony has gone official.

He has made a complaint to Chris. :shock:

Sureel really, Colonel Sanders complaining to the Queen of Sheeba. :D

He still hasn't found the salmon sandwich yet.....;)

westborne
08-09-10, 03:17 PM
I have been called in to arbitrate and adjudicate

I will be away for a while - finding out what that means.

In the meantime - Oakley is suspended pending further enquiries

When I say suspended - I'm being truthfull !!!

kdavies3
08-09-10, 06:04 PM
I have been called in to arbitrate and adjudicate

I will be away for a while - finding out what that means.

In the meantime - Oakley is suspended pending further enquiries

When I say suspended - I'm being truthfull !!!

What suspended by the neck?

A bit drastic maybe? :D:D

On the other hand :p

westborne
09-09-10, 08:01 AM
We have suspended him by the cojons - (which according to Terry Pratchet is a small bun.)

We are awaiting his confession - Then Anthony will decide on the forfeit and the punishment.