PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Tim Adams

Wilburn
02-10-10, 11:12 AM
Many thanks to Tim Adams who checked my timing and idle mixture settings this morning - he confirmed all is spot on :-)

Wilburn
02-10-10, 05:20 PM
Can anyone recommend a rolling road dyno near Whitchurch Shropshire?

Recently I replaced the spark plugs and it has made a huge difference but the engine does get much hotter. Today while driving slowly in 2nd gear for approx 5 mins down narrow country lanes I noticed the temperature was around 100 (it has never done that before)

I am not sure if the jets on my carb are too small now that I have a better spark because when I had the rebuilt engine on the rolling road (with old crappy spark plugs) it was running rich and was jetted down to run correctly.

goughy
02-10-10, 08:29 PM
Hi Paul. There is a 'rolling road' register. Seems only one place in Shropshire, which I find difficult to believe, and that is Mike Evans Motorsport in Shrewsbury. He has a web site but if you cant find it I can give you a phone number. He set mine up a couple of weeks ago

adricar2
03-10-10, 08:57 AM
wilburn

saw you there yesterday, i was dynoing an engine for my cobra, the engine made 501bhp .

Wilburn
03-10-10, 03:04 PM
goughy, thanks, I've Googled him and is 45 mins away so may give him a go :-) Are you happy with his work?

adricar2, great result, a tad more than you hoped for ;)

adricar2
03-10-10, 05:34 PM
yes just a tad, i have a couple of things to sort out , nothing major though

end of the month tim is dynoing my superchargered 383 chevy?

Clarkson
03-10-10, 05:47 PM
Good result!!

What cam and heads you got on that??

adricar2
03-10-10, 07:38 PM
just AFDs 2v heads and a mild cam