PDA

View Full Version : demister vents question

dave.n
02-10-10, 01:56 PM
whose got what?????????????

I have been studying these critters for a while and finding it really hard to find the actual dimensions of what people are selling.
They all give a length and some give a width, even screw whole centres.
But no one seem s to give the internal hole dimensions. surely you need this to match up with your vents underneath your bodywork.

Anyone got the Europa ones (pictured) and be willing to measure them for me.

Or anything different that looks nice. Please post a pic of what ya got as I'm really gettin a bit lost. My vents will be approx 185mm long.:(

dave.n
03-10-10, 01:31 AM
61 hits.

Nobody in that number got a cobra or prepared to have a quick measure up let alone take a quick snap.

Please take a look at your cobras and tell me what ya got. if you can remember without popping in the garage, I'll settle for a guess.

slogger
03-10-10, 11:01 AM
61 hits.

Nobody in that number got a cobra or prepared to have a quick measure up let alone take a quick snap.

Please take a look at your cobras and tell me what ya got. if you can remember without popping in the garage, I'll settle for a guess.

Dave m8, had a look at mine and discounted posting on the grounds of not being pretty! If you require anymore info, please let me know.

Here you go, a pic:

dave.n
03-10-10, 11:36 AM
Ian
You should know me by now, I never have, and never will discriminate anyones car.
All of 'em are nice in my eyes, all got something to offer.
Thanks for the pic. I have no idea why no-one actually posted a pic or just words of what they got. Maybe I'm in the bad books, I'll sit on the naughty step and wait to see if anyone posts.
Thanks again m8

Dutch Paul
03-10-10, 11:47 AM
Off the naughty step.
Mine are a GD supplied item - just flat polished stainless steel.
I`m going down the garage soon, so will take a pic and measurements if it helps.

Hagster
03-10-10, 12:00 PM
30 cm steel rule for a guide, hope this helps.

Guy

dave.n
03-10-10, 01:18 PM
Bloody hell Guy
THATS MUCH MORE THAN I EXPECTED FROM ANYONE.

Brilliant thank you.

The measurement I'm actually most interested in is the hole width.

Thanks Paul I'll try and find GD on line.

slogger
03-10-10, 01:28 PM
Bloody hell Guy
THATS MUCH MORE THAN I EXPECTED FROM ANYONE.

Brilliant thank you.

The measurement I'm actually most interested in is the hole width.

Thanks Paul I'll try and find GD on line.

Hi Dave. mine are Dax items from yesteryear I think. No holes in the vent plate. Just two studs that go through the body and marry up with the vent fitting on the underside.
I suppose this is the type of fitting you aren't looking for.;) If you would like some dimensions and pics, shout now! I'll be in the garage in a bit so I will be able to accommodate your requirements.:cool:

Hagster
03-10-10, 01:35 PM
does this help a little more.

Guy

slogger
03-10-10, 01:44 PM
Hi Dave. mine are Dax items from yesteryear I think. No holes in the vent plate. Just two studs that go through the body and marry up with the vent fitting on the underside.
I suppose this is the type of fitting you aren't looking for.;) If you would like some dimensions and pics, shout now! I'll be in the garage in a bit so I will be able to accommodate your requirements.:cool:

Just read your post again........................note to self, dim wit!:(

You want the size of the slot. doh.

slogger
03-10-10, 01:52 PM
Demister slot size is 8.5mm x 248mm.:D

Dutch Paul
03-10-10, 02:19 PM
Try this......

slogger
03-10-10, 02:35 PM
Try this......

Car Builder Solutions sell an escutcheon like Paul's #ALIVNT6 320mm x 39mm with a slot 290mm x 10mm. No fixing holes drilled @ 6 + vat ea.

dave.n
03-10-10, 07:22 PM
Thanks everyone.
Really appreciate your time etc.

As I realised, I may have to make my own.

Anyone got the Europa ali ones. As in post 1.

Gonch
03-10-10, 07:54 PM
Ive got the Finish Line ones, which i think are the same! There in a box a few miles away. I'll try and dig them out in the next few days.

dave.n
05-10-10, 10:17 PM
Getting close to needing to buy now.

Anyone out there got the finishline or europa vents they can measure the width please.

slogger
05-10-10, 10:27 PM
Getting close to needing to buy now.

Anyone out there got the finishline or europa vents they can measure the width please.

Sounds like 'Gonch' is your option at the mo Dave. Previous post to yours.

A PM may be?

Purple AK
05-10-10, 10:33 PM
Not replied to this so far because........ You need to select your desired escution and tailor the slot so it's hidden beneath it. ;)

slogger
05-10-10, 10:36 PM
Not replied to this so far because........ You need to select your desired escution and tailor the slot so it's hidden beneath it. ;)

............or just butcher it like the guy who did mine has.:(

Just another fettle required.

Clive
06-10-10, 12:56 AM
Original cars actually have three slots in a row and not a continuous one. This is what I did with mine but unfortunately I can't get to it to measure.