PDA

View Full Version : Exeter show westpoint

westborne
04-10-10, 09:36 AM
OK We have a stand with two cars at the show on the 23rd and 24th October - (earlier this year) - We will be erecting the new stand and positioning cars from Maurice and Steve (with Nikki and Paula's permission) from about 3pm on the Friday.

So one new Pilgrim and one Euro 427!!

Come see us - the coffee pot will be on at all times - even Dolphinboy is welcome.

Pray for decent weather - we normally get a least one good day - this year it may be better !!

Look forward to catching up with you all

When you walk on the stand - feel free to make yourself known - dont be shy !!

andy l
04-10-10, 10:04 AM
Hi Chris

Looks like lots had other things on that day and the weather satureday and start of sunday must have put some off, lets hope its good weather over the show dates, may even see martin B and others would be nice to catch up with them all, Andy ;)

stu e
04-10-10, 02:55 PM
If you need a hand on the Friday, or need the extension leads again just let me know.
Stu

dolphinboy400
04-10-10, 05:27 PM
OK We have a stand with two cars at the show on the 23rd and 24th October - (earlier this year) - We will be erecting the new stand and positioning cars from Maurice and Steve (with Nikki and Paula's permission) from about 3pm on the Friday.

So one new Pilgrim and one Euro 427!!

Come see us - the coffee pot will be on at all times - even Dolphinboy is welcome.

Pray for decent weather - we normally get a least one good day - this year it may be better !!

Look forward to catching up with you all

When you walk on the stand - feel free to make yourself known - dont be shy !!

Cheers mate, dont forget the sugar :P

cobrap
04-10-10, 07:35 PM
Even after my initiation into the South West fold in September I still intend seeing you all again at Exeter, albeit probably in the tintop as:
1) I need to bring all the camera gear to cover the event
2) My shopping list is near breaking-point!
Have to say though, I'm a bit disappointed that Chris isn't putting his Dax on show :cool:

Also, will the CRC stand be indoors or outdoors?

andy l
04-10-10, 08:30 PM
Even after my initiation into the South West fold in September I still intend seeing you all again at Exeter, albeit probably in the tintop as:
Have to say though, I'm a bit disappointed that Chris isn't putting his Dax on show :cool:

CRC Stand is indoors ;) Andy

tonym
04-10-10, 09:57 PM
Chris, do you have a room free for the Friday night? I'd like to come down as I owe you big time for last year and for you supplying me with a chevy dizzy.

Cheers

bloke from stoke
04-10-10, 10:17 PM
Hello South west mob, as me and her are comeing down for the show (probably for the week end) where is a good place to stay for the festivities. Middle of the road price and quality.

Also should we stay close to the Showground or do folks say on the coast

Kind regards Lester

PS is the pink shirt thing still mandatory, or optional, as i like to fit in:p;)

Chimeara
05-10-10, 06:26 AM

This is the Exetrer Show and my duristiction, Dax's are outlawed especially ones with hardtops and no power steering ha ha ha. Or is it that the above mentioned Dax is still impounded awaiting trial.

Seriously though Robin I cant believe that your A sober enough to drive to Exeter after the meet at mine and that you want to mingle with us reprobates again.

On a serious note il be at the show ground from 10.30 ish on the Friday to set up and hopefully get involved with the press again so if you need a hand with anything then im happy to pull my weight which isnt that much.

Look forward to seeing you all there for what is a bloody good weekend.

Neil O
05-10-10, 08:54 AM
Hello South west mob, as me and her are comeing down for the show (probably for the week end) where is a good place to stay for the festivities. Middle of the road price and quality.

Also should we stay close to the Showground or do folks say on the coast

Kind regards Lester

PS is the pink shirt thing still mandatory, or optional, as i like to fit in:p;)

Lester, some of the exhibitors stay at the George and Dragon.
We had a meal there last year and I seem to remember it was ok.

Exeter East Hotel - St George & Dragon Vintage Inn - Innkeeper's Lodge (http://www.innkeeperslodge.com/lodgedetail.asp?lid=60)

Pink shirts are not obligitory this year as I will not be there. ;)

bloke from stoke
05-10-10, 09:27 AM
Lester, some of the exhibitors stay at the George and Dragon.
We had a meal there last year and I seem to remember it was ok.

Exeter East Hotel - St George & Dragon Vintage Inn - Innkeeper's Lodge (http://www.innkeeperslodge.com/lodgedetail.asp?lid=60)

Pink shirts are not obligitory this year as I will not be there. ;)

Thanks for that Neil, just got to make sure the missus can get the time off work, before I book anything

Kind regards Lester

cobrap
05-10-10, 11:44 PM
This is the Exetrer Show and my duristiction, Dax's are outlawed especially ones with hardtops and no power steering ha ha ha. Or is it that the above mentioned Dax is still impounded awaiting trial.

Mate, it might be your durextiction, but without a hardtop I'd never make it past the Somerset border without at least three changes of dry clothing :(

Seriously though Robin I cant believe that your A sober enough to drive to Exeter after the meet at mine and that you want to mingle with us reprobates again.

Trust me, it's only to apologise for my behaviour at your place. Did you ever find that sandwich :confused:

On a serious note il be at the show ground from 10.30 ish on the Friday to set up and hopefully get involved with the press again so if you need a hand with anything then im happy to pull my weight which isnt that much.

Look forward to seeing you all there for what is a bloody good weekend.

Serious...did he say serious :shock: ...Mmmm, we may need a chat Mr H, when you've a few spare minutes.

westborne
18-10-10, 12:59 PM
Anthony - look up jurisdiction - so you can spell it !!

and did you get my text about hard top ?

robcob
18-10-10, 04:27 PM
Thanks for that Neil, just got to make sure the missus can get the time off work, before I book anything

Kind regards Lester
Hi mate,are you still going to exeter this weekend,if so i could do with a big favour... [don't get to excited its not sexual];).
rob

bloke from stoke
18-10-10, 06:00 PM
Hi mate,are you still going to exeter this weekend,if so i could do with a big favour... [don't get to excited its not sexual];).
rob

Forget it, if it's not sexual I'm not interested:p

Kind regards Lester

PS You should have 2 new PMs thread jacker

cobrap
18-10-10, 07:37 PM
Met up with the W Wilts Glos & N Somerset gang yesterday and it looks like there'll be a healthy presence @ Exeter next Saturday, so get the old boiler ready for tea, coffee & of course mulled wine ;)

westborne
22-10-10, 07:12 AM
Well the weather in Exeter this morning is dry and cold

the forecast is rain tonight but clearish Saturday and Sunday -

See you there

Have found Visitors book !!!!!

bloke from stoke
22-10-10, 09:08 AM
Well the weather in Exeter this morning is dry and cold

the forecast is rain tonight but clearish Saturday and Sunday -

See you there

Have found Visitors book !!!!!

You boys need any help, as I will be down there mid afternoon

Kind regards Lester

tonym
22-10-10, 10:42 AM

Kind regards Lester

They won't need any help Lester, they're like a finely oiled machine, the stand will be up before you know it :D

andy l
22-10-10, 11:40 AM

Kind regards Lester

Hi Lester
you are more than welcome to drop in, should be at exeter by 2.30pm Andy ;)

andy l
22-10-10, 11:47 AM
They won't need any help Lester, they're like a finely oiled machine, the stand will be up before you know it :D

Hi Tony
may take a bit longer this year as the stands new and only been partly up once, should be fun, Andy

andy l
22-10-10, 06:10 PM
Well the new stands up both car polished and ready, thanks for all the help from the members, and steve for the lights and stu for extension leads, hope to see you all over the weekend, Andy ;)

bloke from stoke
24-10-10, 04:57 PM
Hi Lester
you are more than welcome to drop in, should be at exeter by 2.30pm Andy ;)

Hi Andy missed you post as we were travelling down at the time, or would have dropped in to help out.

Nice to meet up with you and the many others who attended the show

Kind regards Lester

Dixie
24-10-10, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the coffee today. Who's was the Met Green car on the stand? I thought it looked lovely.

Mark

tigergreen
24-10-10, 07:33 PM
Good to see you all on the stand today.
Thankyou for the advice ref. touching up the gelcoat etc. and special thanks to Maurice and Paula for letting me bend their ear for an hour or so with regard to my 'shopping list' of questions and allowing me to look over their car. All hints/tips etc. were gratefully received and certainly will help with progressing my own Sumo build.

See you all again soon,
Andy.

andy l
24-10-10, 08:16 PM
Had a great time over the weekend meeting old and new faces, hope you all made it home safe, see you all soon, Andy ;)

garry
24-10-10, 09:39 PM
Hi all, after a few months absence it was nice to see some familiar faces. Thanks to Andy for getting us in, cheers mate. Sorry we didnt stay for the coffee but we had to get back to get ready to take my wife's horse up to Newbury tomorrow. I am glad the weather stayed dry even if it was a bit chilly. Hope you all got back safe.

Cheers Garry

cobrap
24-10-10, 10:57 PM
Really sorry I didn't make it in the end. A dreaded bug hit me Thursday and I simply wasn't up to travelling all that way to pass on my germs to all of you deserving peeps at the weekend!

BTW: How many Cobra manufacturers turned out with exhibits in the end. Someone said they only saw three all day:confused:

Obviously I hope to see you all soon, but in Show terms, it probably won't be 'til Stoneleigh in 2011.

Cheers.

westborne
25-10-10, 06:59 AM
Well - Sunday was an excellent day - many many Cobs in the car park - and the Sun was out all day

Sad to see that Ray didnt turn up from Lands End but then I think he may be a figment of my imagination as I aint seen him for a while!!

Stand was down and packed away by 5.30 which must be a record.

Thanks to everyone who helped man (and Woman) the stand !!

Congrats and fingers crossed to Nikki on the sale of the green one !!

The coffee went down well - especially when I was ther to supervise - (otherwise it was a bit weak) - Guests even brought biccies !!!

I forgot my camera - so anyone with piccies - please feel free to atttach them here.

langbond 15
25-10-10, 12:11 PM
Thanks mark it was nikki,s it has found a new home now in your area , so im sure you will meet up with and its new owner his name is paul i know you will make him welcome at your local meets . sorry i missed you on sunday would have been nice to have caught up. steve

Murray
25-10-10, 05:18 PM
Your wish is my command!! Some piccies!

Murray
25-10-10, 05:24 PM
More general pics,

Murray
25-10-10, 05:30 PM
Just a couple more,

Purple AK
25-10-10, 05:39 PM
Is it me? or was there a distinct lack of people there? :confused:

bloke from stoke
25-10-10, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome folks enjoyed the show and the stand, nice to put some faces to names.

Thanks for the tea Chris;) and the lift with the pipes:p

Kind regards Lester;)

garry
25-10-10, 05:55 PM
Is it me? or was there a distinct lack of people there? :confused:

Hi i thought it was not only a lack of general public there but a lack of exhibitors as well - SHAME :confused:

Garry

Murray
25-10-10, 06:49 PM
I took the photos early, very soon after it opened, deliberately so people wouldn't get in the way. Lots more people later.

KevinW
25-10-10, 07:18 PM
That Hawk looks nice - is it the plastic or the ali 427 from hawk ;)

- who is the chap with the tats'n'hat? is he part of AK?

Chimeara
25-10-10, 07:49 PM
Guy in the hat is if im correct the son or some relation to the guy on his left who is a southwest member whos name evades me. More to the point what is our very own Tony M running through his head as he looks upon that little kid lol.

Dsahing guy in the white shirt though and a cracking LS3 chassis I might add.

Thanks to teh CRC stand for the complimentary coffee. Show was well attended by the public on both days but was a shame to see so many stands spare, although it did help when it came to packing up and getting out on the Sunday evening. 45 minutes to take down stand load car and rolling chassis on trailers and get home.

robcob
25-10-10, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=Chimeara;377005]. More to the point what is our very own Tony M running through his head as he looks upon that little kid lol

Most probably hungry and wondering what he tastes like:rolleyes:.

Murray
25-10-10, 08:15 PM
The tat's n hat's guy is Steve's son. Steve is standing next to Morris when he is blowing out his candles!! The Hawk is the alloy one, if you zoom in on the phots you can see the note asking people not to tough as it's hand made alloy.

dolphinboy400
25-10-10, 08:23 PM
i did look for you on sunday anthony but couldnt see a lanky string bean anywhere , my guess is you were hiding :P

Miket
25-10-10, 09:29 PM
That Hawk looks nice - is it the plastic or the ali 427 from hawk ;)

It's the ali bodied Hawk.

cobrap
25-10-10, 10:40 PM
'Kin 'ell Anthony: From Murray's pics, you need a holiday mate:!::!::!:

C U in a few weeks, once you've purged the AK lager out of your body.

KevinW
25-10-10, 11:00 PM
The tat's n hat's guy is Steve's son. Steve is standing next to Morris when he is blowing out his candles!! The Hawk is the alloy one, if you zoom in on the phots you can see the note asking people not to tough as it's hand made alloy.

ah, oops, 'pologies for any offence. kevin

Murray
26-10-10, 09:16 AM
Absolutely no probs Kevin, I sometimes miss the bits in peoples posts and have asked some really stupid questions, answered in the previous post or two. I blame it on old age!!

mprcobra
26-10-10, 11:01 AM
:roll:Thanks to everybody who helped me celebrate my birthday,and the card,especially Chris & Laurie for getting cake and candles, don't really need reminding of age!!!
Maurice.

kdavies3
26-10-10, 12:42 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Maurice :D

And welcome to the forum, now that you've found us come on in and warm yourself. :)

Chimeara
26-10-10, 07:15 PM
Funny you mention that Robin im actually due one very soon lol.

With regards to AK lager I only managed 18 sips of lager at our meal Saturday night as I was not feeling to great. Thought id own up before Jon and Wendi came along and started taking the P1$$