PDA

View Full Version : cermacoat type coating to exhaust headers

ChrisGDT70
28-10-10, 03:49 PM
anyone had their headers coated (not from new, ie have you had them coated after using them first?) and if so how much did you pay etc?
I am fancying doing mine over the winter as the lovely stainless finish is now all blue and discoloured and i have seen an ultima with silver coated headers which looked superb.
any help appreciated
cheers

Sidecarbod
28-10-10, 03:56 PM
Had mine done with an aluminium finish on the outside and a 5hitty dark brown colour on the inside! They were brand new mild steel jobbies but I know that other people have had used ones done.

Cheap it ain't...I think about 300 quid from memory.

StewbieC
29-10-10, 07:18 AM
Had mine done at Camcoat, Black internals and polished outside looks pretty blingy! 310+vat for 289 headers and downpipes.

Before and after

Nobby
29-10-10, 03:53 PM
anyone had their headers coated (not from new, ie have you had them coated after using them first?) and if so how much did you pay etc?

Yes, my Dax headers were well used (read absolutly filthy) when I sent them to camcoat a few years ago for coating. Still shiny now. 280 from memory.

ChrisGDT70
29-10-10, 06:44 PM
great stuff thanks. also found out that andy at GD has a coating on trial on their headers and will give him a bell as well, as i have to take my headers back as one needs cutting and shutting to correctly line it up.
300 quid at cam coat isnt that bad though, i expected it to be more than that.

Clarkson
29-10-10, 07:16 PM
Had my exh headers done after 20years use, but something happened and the cam coat paint flaked off! Sent them back and they have redone them, not been retested yet!

Does seam to help with the heat tho, if a little expensive.

I wonder if you can powder coat them?

Mac Stowt
29-10-10, 09:57 PM
I see that Zircotec are offering 15% off retail prices for coating manifolds until Feb 31st.
www.zircotec.com (http://www.zircotec.com) or peter.whyman@zircotec.com

Terry