PDA

View Full Version : Compounding the body this weekend

parador
03-11-10, 10:56 PM
Just finished sanding the body flashlines on the GD. I used 3M 400 horizontal, 800 vertical and finished with 1200 horizontal. Never worked with fibreglass before and I am impressed with how well this system has worked(thanks all you boggers)

If the compound pads arrive I plan to go over the flashlines this weekend with G3 to see what sort of finish I can get with the polisher. If its ok then I think I will do the whole body with G6 followed by G3 and leave the G10 until later.

Regards
Martin

parador
04-11-10, 12:16 AM
Sorry I meant 'bloggers'

Geezer
04-11-10, 08:39 AM
Sorry I meant 'bloggers'

Could have been worse...;):D

Sidecarbod
04-11-10, 09:24 AM
The GD and the Sumo both have very good gel coats, you should be able to get an absolutely superb finish, it just takes ages! :p

Hagster
04-11-10, 12:13 PM
Just finished sanding the body flashlines on the GD. I used 3M 400 horizontal, 800 vertical and finished with 1200 horizontal. Never worked with fibreglass before and I am impressed with how well this system has worked(thanks all you boggers)

If the compound pads arrive I plan to go over the flashlines this weekend with G3 to see what sort of finish I can get with the polisher. If its ok then I think I will do the whole body with G6 followed by G3 and leave the G10 until later.

Regards
Martin

You are correct to leave the G10 to later it is a final finisher for showroom fininsh, a lot of garages only mop down to the G3 or equivelent stage and this will look perfect, the G10 is just that little bit finer for swirl lines etc. IMO

Good Luck :)

Guy