PDA

View Full Version : IVA Seatbelts

cperry
14-11-10, 09:11 AM
do all the nuts on my seatbelt system need to be welded to the chassis for the IVA test ? I know the four nuts that are fitted to shell are bonded in, but what about the two by your hips ?

Craig

Tony Merry
14-11-10, 09:53 AM
Mine just have load spreader plates fitted under the body, with nylok nuts and bolts,I have a wilians 4 point harness fitted, passed IVA ok.

cperry
14-11-10, 02:06 PM
Thanks Tony, are your spreader plates welded to the car of just sandwiched with the bolts?

dinosoar
15-11-10, 08:38 AM
They do not need to be welded just of the correct grade and attached through an area that will be strong enough in the inspectors opinion. Unless you can supply evidence of compliance.

Andy

cperry
15-11-10, 09:35 AM
thanks for the answers, that's saved me another job. IVA early in Jan hopefully.

Ian Lloyd
16-11-10, 08:23 PM
The spreader plates need to be fitted so that if you undo the seat belt bolt they do not fall off the car. On mine I fitted a small retaining bolt in one corner of the spreader plate this satisfied the SVA tester I assume it should for IVA test.

Ian

Robs cobra
24-11-10, 10:01 AM
HI , Im a long way off from this but its rattling around in my head , how difficult is it to fit harnesses into a sumo for the IVA ? is it possible , as i dont understand why pilgrim dont give you the option .