PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Lunch CRC Southwest

westborne
15-11-10, 01:46 PM
Just a reminder that the Ley Arms are putting aside the Otter room for 40 of us to eat lunch on Sunday the 5th of December

– (say at 12 noon?)

I have told the Manager that most of us will be attacking the Carvery as we did last year .

So I hope to see you there !!

For those who haven’t been there before –the post code is EX6 7UW its at the village of Kenn just off the A38 South of Exeter.

I presume the newly engaged couple will be attending - fresh from Disneyland?

andy l
21-11-10, 11:32 AM
Hi Chris

Thanks for the update and sorting the venue, myself and lyn see you on the 5th Dec, all the best Andy ;)

Chimeara
21-11-10, 12:02 PM
Thanks Chris, I got your emails while I was away. Emily and I will be there, a Christmas dinner seems very apt this early as its so bloody cold here after the warmer climates we have been used to.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone and having a bloody good meal as we cant afford to eat now we have got back lol.

westborne
23-11-10, 08:49 AM
I forgot to mention

The landlord did say that if we take some cars down in reasonable weather and let him photo in front of the pub for his website - there is free beer on offer.

(I expect Mike T to rush out and buy a new Cob now!)

Miket
23-11-10, 08:58 AM
I forgot to mention

The landlord did say that if we take some cars down in reasonable weather and let him photo in front of the pub for his website - there is free beer on offer.

(I expect Mike T to rush out and buy a new Cob now!)

Might be worth it if he threw in a free carvery. ;)

westborne
02-12-10, 07:03 AM
Dont forget folks - The Ley Arms - this coming Sunday at noon - I've even laid on a sprinkling of snow to enhance the festive spirit!!

garry
04-12-10, 04:37 PM
Cheers Chris,

Me and the wife will be there for lunch, just need to stop off at Westpoint first for horse stuff (YUK :twisted: ) . C you all there. :)

Garry.

Chimeara
04-12-10, 05:45 PM
Well thankyou very much Garry. Was just reading this with Em peaking over my shoulder. I was all set for a morning of bliss in garage with a nice cuppa infront of the heater while finishing my wiring on my LS3 demonstrator before it goes to paint next week but oh no.

I to now have to head to a donkey convention at westpoint before frequenting the Ley Arms for my crimbo carvery.

Looks like the beers are on you now and if I dont see you at the horse show il see you at the meal.

garry
04-12-10, 09:14 PM
Commiserations Anthony

I know exactly how you feel, I would love to buy you a pint but do you think I will have any dosh left once the wife has finished with the donkey money pit !!!!

Cheers Garry

andy l
06-12-10, 04:59 PM
Hi All

Good to see you all, hope you all enjoyed the club xmas meal, hope someone has some pics, and can post them up later, hope you all have a great xmas and happy new year, all the best Andy :D

Murray
06-12-10, 05:48 PM
Andy your wish is my command, sorry about the quality, mobile phone pics. 3 Cobs turned up with intrepid drivers and 2 passengers. Well done, it was Blinkin Cold!! A very nice meal and superb company. Hope you all have a very Happy Christmas and see you in the New Year. Best wishes to you all.

Murray
07-12-10, 05:25 PM
I have just realised looking back through the video it was 3 Cobras with 3 intrepid drivers and 3 brave passengers, all togged up for the freezing weather. Apologies to all concerned.

langbond 15
07-12-10, 06:21 PM
It was good to see you all, nikki and i had a good time . already looking forward to the next meet .i also will take this opportunity to wish everybody a cracking good xmas .maybe its the stripes that are scared of the cold,or we are just mad steve & nikki:D

andy l
07-12-10, 06:29 PM
It was good to see you all, nikki and i had a good time . already looking forward to the next meet .i also will take this opportunity to wish everybody a cracking good xmas .maybe its the stripes that are scared of the cold,or we are just mad steve & nikki:D

Being mad helps, still nikki not, she got into a sleeping bag to travel back home
hope you end up with the new xmas present in the garage ;) see you in the new year, Andy

Murray
07-12-10, 08:39 PM
Anyone wanting to know how to dress up to keep warm in a Cobra? Iv'e got the video!!
Nikki and her sleeping bag!

LAURIESPARKY
08-12-10, 09:26 AM
Hi all, thanks to Chris for a great day, shame about the ice etc But we did try ,in hindsight a bit daft

Christine and i would like to wish you all a happy and merry Christmas and if you are out over Christmas in our area please drop in for a coffee or something warmer
Keep on trucking Laurie and Chris:)

Neil O
08-12-10, 01:24 PM
Hats off to those who took Cobras!

Based on the fact that I could hardly stand up on the road outside the pub because of the ice, I am thankfull you all got there and back intact. :D

westborne
08-12-10, 10:04 PM
If I was you I'd go out and buy a 4X4 Neil -

It was good to see everyone - Catch up soon - Laurie we may be taking you up on your offer over Christmas !!

Can i just say I blame the bl**dy Students for Global Warming !! - its minus 1 in Orlando this morning !!