PDA

View Full Version : Granada Mk3 break upgrade

Fartin' Martin
22-11-10, 02:29 PM
Hi all,

Can any body advise an upgrade for disc and calipers that will fit a Granada Mk3 donor. So far I can only find a like for like swap, I'm looking for something like a set of EBC Turbo Groove discs, (for fast road use with a V8). I would be interested to hear from anyone who's been down this road. Am I barking up the wrong tree, should I just stick with the original set up with new discs and recon calipers.

Thanks

Martin

Paul B
22-11-10, 03:16 PM
I used EBC discs and pads on my Sierra based Sumo so I am sure there must be a version for the Granny.

Keep looking.

Paul

steve_h
22-11-10, 03:20 PM
TRY THESE

Rossini Performance Brake Discs - Car Parts Direct (http://www.carparts-direct.co.uk/home/rossini-performance-brake-discs)

wilf
22-11-10, 03:40 PM
Having had issues (cracking) with crossed-drilled aftermarket discs I couldn't recommend them for a road car.

EBC "dimpled" ones are OK tho'.

Lloyd Barnes
22-11-10, 04:53 PM
Black Diamond Performance Brake Discs & Pads - Ford (http://www.blackdiamondperformance.com/brakes_ford.htm)

I used these along with their pads on my car. Seemed to stand up very well to spirited use. Full range of Granada discs and pads listed

Gazzab
23-11-10, 06:37 AM
Hi all,

Can any body advise an upgrade for disc and calipers that will fit a Granada Mk3 donor. So far I can only find a like for like swap, I'm looking for something like a set of EBC Turbo Groove discs, (for fast road use with a V8). I would be interested to hear from anyone who's been down this road. Am I barking up the wrong tree, should I just stick with the original set up with new discs and recon calipers.

Thanks

Martin
Hi Martin

Only reason to upgrade is cosmetic as the standard granny setup is more than adequete your finished sumo is much lighter than the donor car so the amount of braking effort required to stop it is less. But I`m sure you will get plenty of advice on this issue.

Gary :cool:

Robs cobra
24-11-10, 09:50 AM
Hi there, sorry cant do a link , but do a search for GODSPEED BRAKES , this guy Ian is based in wales and is well respected on the subaru forum (but he does all cars)he steered me away from cross drilled as like someone else said they can crack ,apparently high end cars have the discs cast with the holes in not drilled afterwards. He recomended to go for just the grooved disc, i had 4x discs and pads and cant fault them , they were an amazing price too, discs and pads all round for less than a garage wanted for the front discs :eek:, anyway defo contact him before you do anything else.
He might even be into a group buy like he does on the subaru forum .
Regards Rob.