PDA

View Full Version : New Radiator

John Tisbury
17-05-01, 05:41 PM
I've just installed a new Aluminuim 4 core radiator in my Crendon as my other one sprung a leak. The fixing bolts on the Kenlowe fans started rubbing on the water rails. Kenlowe have recently changed their fixing kit from metal threaded bolts (more like a rat tail file really) to a plastic cable tie type fixing.

The new rad larger rad helps reduce the engine bay temp, but it also looks rather good too. The rad was made by PACE Automotive Ltd of Bury St Edmunds.
Web site is: http://www.paceproducts.co.uk/
Cost was 350.

They also repaired the old one FOC so I've now got two rads. Perhaps I should have just asked for the original one to be repaired. That way it would not have cost me a thing!!!

callum
17-05-01, 08:38 PM
I've noticed a lot of people use the tie method for their fans. The weight of the fans and the performance of a Cobra don't mix well. Those cooling vanes and capillaries were not designed to contain accelerating a 3lb fan and then violently decelerating it - let alone two of them. How many car manufacturers cut corners like that? Most have shrouds to save the radiator core quite as much as to direct the air flow........