PDA

View Full Version : Meets

Lloyd Barnes
24-01-11, 09:09 AM
I'm based near Chesterfield a couple of days a week at the moment.

Wondered if there were ever any meets during weekday evenings in the Yorkshire or Derbyshire area?

nuf_said
24-01-11, 10:47 AM
There is ever popular meet for all car types / petrol heads at The Traveller's Rest near Hope (North of Chesterfield and West of Sheffield). Monday evening 20th June this year, I think. Organised by the Hallamshire Motor Club (or similar title).

If you are in a classic you need to prebook with them (free I think) and turn up early to get in. A friend turned up in his tank last year and no-one on the gate dared to stop him and ask for his ticket! Or, in a tin top, pay on the gate. Often the car park (adjoining field) is nearly as good as the show. There is some pub grub but not v good last few years. The meet gets bigger every year - worth a visit.

A few local cobra drivers will meet at pubs in the Chesterfield / Derbyshire area - but usually last minute decision depending on the weather. Happy to link you in.

Nuf Said

Lloyd Barnes
24-01-11, 11:05 AM
There is ever popular meet for all car types / petrol heads at The Traveller's Rest near Hope (North of Chesterfield and West of Sheffield). Monday evening 20th June this year, I think. Organised by the Hallamshire Motor Club (or similar title).

If you are in a classic you need to prebook with them (free I think) and turn up early to get in. A friend turned up in his tank last year and no-one on the gate dared to stop him and ask for his ticket! Or, in a tin top, pay on the gate. Often the car park (adjoining field) is nearly as good as the show. There is some pub grub but not v good last few years. The meet gets bigger every year - worth a visit.

A few local cobra drivers will meet at pubs in the Chesterfield / Derbyshire area - but usually last minute decision depending on the weather. Happy to link you in.

Nuf Said

thanks for the info. Might see if I can trot along to that one although don't have a tank!!!

Always happy to meet up with other fellow cob owners, particularly if its in a pub! If you guys do meet up ever during the week then give me a shout. :-)

Ian 46
24-01-11, 12:39 PM
Lloyd, I live only 8 miles north of Chesterfield if you want to come round one evening and give me a hand with my build.

Regards Ian

Ian 46
24-01-11, 12:44 PM
Nah then Nuff Said, you have to link me in first! :rolleyes:

Regards Ian

gd427man
24-01-11, 01:38 PM
Lloyd
there is also a meet at Renishaw Hall, Staveley. on a wed evening in the summer. Don't know the date this year yet.
If you want a weekly car meet the MG club meet at the fox & goose (wigley, Old Brampton) on a wed night and there open to all car nuts.
check the MG owners web site for details. I used to be a member until I worked away for a year or so and haven't renewed since.
They also do a charity run each year called the Marcham Road Run. Setting off from town hall, usually last sunday in June or First in July.
I live in Chesterfield so if any any meets are proposed could someone link me in.
Is there enough of us to start a North east Derbyshire section... bit of a trek to leicester area for the east mids gang. Any thoughts...
Cheers.
Ian

nuf_said
24-01-11, 05:17 PM
Is there enough of us to start a North east Derbyshire section... bit of a trek to leicester area for the east mids gang. Any thoughts...
Cheers.
Ian

It's a thought.....
Nuf Said